Forums / Community / General Discussion

15 Years of Halo - Share your fondest memory!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 12
Playing slayer on Derelict, when every death was because of a reload, and a friend told me to Dere-lick his balls when I killed him
FAVORATE IS GETTING 3 OTHER PEOPLE LEGENDARY HALO 3 ALL ON GHOSTS TO COMPLETE LAST LEVEL
Just playing halo back then with my brother
For me, my fondest memory of Halo was going to see a friend at Christmas and he'd gotten a Xbox. Being the PS2 fanboy that I was I laughed at him, then he fired up Halo put the controller in my hands and said "play" that first level raised my eyebrows I can tell you, but when I actually set foot on the Halo ring for the first time I was completely blown away. Huge open areas, covenant being dropped in by ship, A.I. fighting along side of you!!! Shine a light I had never played anything like it in my life, I went home grabbed my wallet went to my local game store and immediately bought a Xbox and Halo. It's been some of the best gaming in my life and Halo is right up there as my favourite franchise. Wow 15 years already time flies when you're having fun.
Actually my real fondest moment of Halo and for any game at all is this.

While 6 years old
Starting out, me and my brother (from a another mother) only played offline on Halo CE, spend hours doing this, days ! Then Halo 2 came out and playing through the campaign continually and in CG, just me and him versus each other, nobody else (did not have internet connection back then), he would eventually figure out how to do the rocket lock on and would not tell me, man that annoyed me, but non the less then Halo 3 came out and this is where things escalated a bit.
Never before have we played Halo online but now with Halo 3 (which I bought my own console for) we could suddenly play online, we would still go to each others houses and play, but this new experience with multiplayer led to something completely new, we met others from our rather small country (denmark) that also played Halo and we then grew our friendships until one day we decided to have a lan party. From all over our country we came, 9 of us in total, and we played, had good times and ever since then we have always met up again and kept the contact. This is my fondest "memory" of Halo, being the game that gave me friends for life.
Ahh Everytime I played Reach with my friends.They don't play anymore sadly as they are very busy with school.So you guys will probably not see me next year in matchmaking.Possibly on the forums though.
Playing Reach with some friends was honestly the most fun I have ever had with a controller, be it playing Campaign and hunting Easter Eggs or our invaluable attempts of making great Forge maps (some are actually half decent). Halo Reach will always be my most nostalgic things in my entire life.
playing halo 2 (my first halo game) mission 1 for the first time.
Definitely when I first turned on my xbox and loaded up Halo CE and heard the theme song I loved it so much. I use it for my ringtone now and every time I play the Halo games I play an hour version on my phone. So definitely the music was my best memory It helped me get into the halo games since it fit all the battles and exploration moments it was just perfect. (343 if you could please put that theme in all your games from now on) thanks for reading, and with utmost respect - BossOpossum9
Coming out of the Cryo Chamber 15 years ago and having the way I played and thought about games changed forever.
I remember in Halo CE, where me and a buddy just kept chasing each other around the bases for hours and hours in blood gulch on split screen haha. simpler times, simpler times...
Fondest memory of Halo has got to be back on christmas day when my parents got me a xbox and my grandparents bought me Halo. Best christmas ever, i dont think i slept until the next night.

The next best would probably be getting a xbox 360 on christmas and a copy of Halo 3, lol.

Now a days i dont get as excited as i did when i was a kid about new Halo launches and stuff, but i still play when i can, and will forever be a fan.
Playing CE in college for cases of cheap swill beer (we preferred it to 2)
My favorite memory from the past was when I turned about 8 years old, and Halo 3 just came out. My parents both went to GameStop, and secretly bought me Halo 3 (just the standard edition), and all night, my Dad and I played the co-op campaign all the way through.
My best memory was playing Reach. The struggle of the defense of the planet though knowing it would inevitably fall and how that was the beginning of John's story.
Being heartbroken at the end of Halo 4
First ever match of Halo I ever played, Halo 3, I got in the Warthog and managed to splatter the entire enemy team. Hence Warthogman.
But on the campaign side of things my mate lent me Halo 1-3 when I first got my 360 and I played through them in 2 days even staying up all night attempting to beat the Library and trying to not wake up the house with my frustration after my millionth death. Was hooked from there on out, books, comics, games you name it.
well I remember on reach me and my brother were playing... splitscreen... and we both had an energy sword and gravity hammer and I killed him and he was flung off the edge over a railing so I tried to jump on the railing to watch him fall into the water and I overshot it and died.
Keep the memories coming, love reading and reminiscing along with you all. It's still a bit surreal to stop and think it's nearly been FIFTEEN YEARS and like many of you, most of my fondest memories involve interactions and experiences with people in and around the community just as much, if not more than, the games themselves. We'll be sharing memories from around the team and broader community as part of our anniversary celebration in November.
Had a friend and my kid cousin over playing H3. My friend and I decided to team up against my cousin in guardian bc he's a spoiled little -Yoink-. Eventually he got really annoyed with us constantly killing him that he screamed STOP hammer time and picked up the hammer. We ended up crying of laughter bc of that.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 12