1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The Halo franchise will be 18 years old this November, guys! What got you playing Halo in the first place?
Halo 3, forge with my brothers. It was so much fun and still is till this day. I can also play the campaign any day and never get bored. It is that good.

Project Extinction: Player Driven Story
Where the last of us come to serve and die
My uncle bought the original Xbox and Halo on launch day. He came over to show my dad the new console, and ever since I stepped out of that escape pod I was hooked.
My best friend used to talk about going to his cousins house and playing CE. He made it sound so interesting that I asked for an Xbox and Halo for Christmas, and here I am still playing it all these years later
Halo came with the original xbox when I bought it. Been hooked ever since.
BadDogg55 wrote:
This for me as well.
Started on PC version before I bought the console bundle with my first paycheck of my first job. Literally rode my bike home with the Xbox between my legs, on my lap. Back in the day where I lived that was normal to see.
I actually started pretty late with Halo in like late 2013, early 2014. My first Halo was Halo: Reach. I got into Halo because my twin brother and I wanted a new game for our Xbox 360 and we saw Halo as being similar to classic Star Wars Battlefront. I have played all of the Halos at this point (even Halo Wars 1 and 2 which I love) and love all of them pretty much equally. Some hold more memories like Reach since it was the first and was what started my love for the ODST helmet.

Halo actually is what got me into RTS games with Halo Wars, which then lead to SupCom 2 for Xbox and FA on PC and my favorite RTS Planetary Annihilation. Halo Wars 2 is also one of my favorite RTS games too.
BadDogg55 wrote:
I checked out your profile and wanted to say I think your bio and history is incredible. It's so great this game has brought us all together. :)
About 8 years ago or so, my then wife enjoyed this new show called Big Bang Theory. Especially in the first season, Wednesday's were Halo night for the cast of characters.

My wife took her tax refund, bought a 360 along with Halo 3.
A little backstory, I intentionally gave up gaming as consoles became better. I knew I was the person that would play forever, I didn't want to be that, so I simply quit gaming.

So, my wife and I pop in Halo 3, not understanding that the cast on TBBT playing either multiplayer or customs. We started the campaign, my wife didn't get it and quit after the first sortie of the game. For me, the style of controller compared to the joystick and red button I remembered was a learning curve unto itself. But I was enjoying the game on normal, for me it was tough. The color palette of the level Cortana kept getting me lost, then the screen went black. "You found me." with the subsequent piano keys not only filled my ears but made me realize that games were now playable movies. Movies that could be played repeatedly but differently over and over.

Then came the other Halo games, books etc. Other than Dead Space and the Batman Arkham games, I never was satisfied with other games. For me Halo and it's expanded universe became this thing that clicked in my head that I can't explain but it's all rooted in that moment when Cortana realized John kept his promise.

Cheers,
Brad
About 8 years ago or so, my then wife enjoyed this new show called Big Bang Theory. Especially in the first season, Wednesday's were Halo night for the cast of characters.My wife took her tax refund, bought a 360 along with Halo 3.
A little backstory, I intentionally gave up gaming as consoles became better. I knew I was the person that would play forever, I didn't want to be that, so I simply quit gaming.

So, my wife and I pop in Halo 3, not understanding that the cast on TBBT playing either multiplayer or customs. We started the campaign, my wife didn't get it and quit after the first sortie of the game. For me, the style of controller compared to the joystick and red button I remembered was a learning curve unto itself. But I was enjoying the game on normal, for me it was tough. The color palette of the level Cortana kept getting me lost, then the screen went black. "You found me." with the subsequent piano keys not only filled my ears but made me realize that games were now playable movies. Movies that could be played repeatedly but differently over and over.

Then came the other Halo games, books etc. Other than Dead Space and the Batman Arkham games, I never was satisfied with other games. For me Halo and it's expanded universe became this thing that clicked in my head that I can't explain but it's all rooted in that moment when Cortana realized John kept his promise.

Cheers,
Brad
I think its really cool how the campaign is what made Halo click. I think everyone here can agree that their is something about Halo that no other game has that makes us all come back to it. But you mentioning the TBBT Halo Night made me remember that my brother and I started are own "Halo Night" every Saturday. It started with my brother and I plus two friends. Now we can get up to 10 people if everyone comes. Halo Reach has been the Halo for that night and makes it very special for all the custom games we played and still play on it. To me, Halo is special in that it allows for play like that. Though Halo 5 may not have split screen, Halo Reach is their to save the day!
I first played Combat Evolved with my siblings on PC, then Halo 2, and we had so much fun for years. Then one day, my older brother brought home an Xbox 360 with Halo 3, Reach, and 4 (for some reasons, we just never had the time or money to get them when they released, so we were stuck with the Halo’s we had) and it just got me even more enveloped in the Halo world. It was funny being stuck with CE and 2, and then as soon as Reach and 4 came, the Spartan abilities came into the picture I started testing it, I generally liked it until I entered matchmaking. Then everything changed.
I’ve been playing Halo now for 11+ years. My dad’s the one that got me into it in the first place.
JB Linken wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:
I checked out your profile and wanted to say I think your bio and history is incredible. It's so great this game has brought us all together. :)
Thanks.... I've been at it a while... lol. 😎 I've probably had every game console that man has created with the exception of the Play Station... hahaha. Atari was the first one I bought (pong),😂
When I was a kid my aunt bought me Halo 2 so I could use it and come over more. Played for years and it was one of the best moments in my life. As a person who grew in a hospital, it was a great thing to have and bring some enjoyment in my life (hospital room had an xbox). It'll be forever my favorite franchise ever.
When I was 4 I watched my older brother play Halo Ce, I didn't like the game at first but when I saw him play halo 2 the next day I asked can I play with him, me and my brother were sitting on the floor all day, laughing, having fun, just enjoying the game, we used to fight when we played Multiplayer over winning or losing which was common for that age, then when my brother got a PS3 with the new Call Of Duty I got a 360 with Halo 3, I didn't play Halo 3 much & went back to Halo 2 because in my heart it's my personal favorite, whilist he grew far away from Halo because of Cod but I've gotten closer to Halo alot more then he did, growing older I've read a couple of Halo novels, own a couple of Halo products & owned every Halo Limited Edition (except Halo MCC), will be adding Halo: Infinite to the shelf as well

2019 I'm only 18 years old now & my brother is 20 now he asks me to play Halo 2 with me because of the MCC, will be 19 in May this Year, I'm honestly thankful to my brother for showing me Halo, I'm thankful to Bungie for starting the Halo trilogy & I'm really thankful to 343 industries for continuing the Trilogy, been a long road for Halo and I'm proud to be apart of this Franchise that's been going on for 18 years

Now will you excuse me, I need a tissue to cry in from writing this, thinking back and typing this made me emotional
just kinda always been there in my case. my dad played it since release of combat evolved and I was 1 at the time
BadDogg55 wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:
Thanks.... I've been at it a while... lol. 😎 I've probably had every game console that man has created with the exception of the Play Station... hahaha. Atari was the first one I bought (pong),😂
Whew, I have to admit actually naming the 2600 as my first console made me feel so old. I appreciate the fact that you did.
BadDogg55 wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:
Whew, I have to admit actually naming the 2600 as my first console made me feel so old. I appreciate the fact that you did.
That was October of 1977 when the 2600 released. I was like mid twenties then.
I bought a shiny new Xbox (well, my parents did, I was in high school, though) and some random game called Halo Combat Evolved. Legit no clue what it was, but oh was I blown away.

PS: Fuzion Frenzy was absolutely amazing too. Talk about the greatest disc ever, lol. Halo CE is still my favorite game of all time to this day.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3