1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
My dad and cousin used me so my mom would let them get an xbox for "Me" i was to young to be playing the ce and i just didnt play 2 for some reason but halo 3 was what made me fall in love with halo i remember coming home to find halo 3 on my kitchen table then my mom said do your homework and you can play i dont think i did my homework ao fast before but thats what started it all
Friend showed me Halo CE on PC been playing ever since
The Halo franchise will be 18 years old this November, guys! What got you playing Halo in the first place? (Someone might make the Google-Chan 18 joke with Halo)
I got into Halo by watching Red vs Blue to season 2, and once I learned it was a Machinima, I found the games.
Halo Tutor wrote:
Started on PC version before I bought the console bundle with my first paycheck of my first job. Literally rode my bike home with the Xbox between my legs, on my lap. Back in the day where I lived that was normal to see.
I gotta ask, was it hard to have a giant, but heavy Xbox system being balanced on your bike? I assume it might have hurt from all the pressure, especially if you're going uphill somewhere.
my uncle had a xbox with CE it looked cool to me then halo 2 came out I remember playing 2 with him and my cousins whos no longer here sadly but that pretty much cemented my fandom in halo and I still play it while my uncle moved on to battlefield I stayed with halo and am still playing it all these years later
Halo Tutor wrote:
Started on PC version before I bought the console bundle with my first paycheck of my first job. Literally rode my bike home with the Xbox between my legs, on my lap. Back in the day where I lived that was normal to see.
I gotta ask, was it hard to have a giant, but heavy Xbox system being balanced on your bike? I assume it might have hurt from all the pressure, especially if you're going uphill somewhere.
Like you wouldn't believe! No uphill except my driveway but I did have to bike 2.2 miles. While riding back home all I could say to myself without making myself stop for breaks is repeating "worth it" multiple times until I got home.
Halo Tutor wrote:
Halo Tutor wrote:
Like you wouldn't believe! No uphill except my driveway but I did have to bike 2.2 miles. While riding back home all I could say to myself without making myself stop for breaks is repeating "worth it" multiple times until I got home.
That’s some hardcore commitment, man. Tips to you.
I was 12 and a new system was about to launch! My parents wanted to surprise my brother and I so they bought the first Xbox and launch game (Halo CE). Our PlayStation and Nintendo were pretty beaten up by this point.

I had no idea that I had just been gifted pure magic.

My mom helped me hook the system up to the big tv in the living room and I clenched the massive duke controller in my hands as the start screen booted up.

suddenly I saw a giant ring floating in space and was blasted with an ancient sound, a haunting chant. The effect was stunning. It was mysterious and cool and I just wanted to know more.

It felt like I was sucked into a portal or a vortex to another that I’ve yet to this day been able to escape.

I was transported to another world that day and I’ve decided to stay.

This post has been hidden.

I was always a gamer. I had some friends who I liked to play COD with. All of a sudden they started playing this game called Halo Reach....
remember playing halo 2 with my brother not really understanding what I was I supposed to be doing lol
Me and my older brother played CE at a demo station in a toy store. It was the Silent Cartographer in split-screen co-op. So the beach assault was my first Halo introduction at the age of 11. I'm now 28 and still revisiting CE.
My uncle actually introduced me to Halo:CE when it first came out. Got both me and my pops hooked on it. Eventually come 2003 I had my hand me down computer from my pops and a copied disc of Halo:CE from his copy (which if you were around then, you'd know that prevented anyone with the same CD key code to link together). And I played the hell out of it. Then Halo 2 came around, pops and I co-op'd that in 3 nights I think. Then comes 3 and my buddies beat that in co-op and would play matchmaking and custom games every weekend. Then ODST. Then Reach, which me and my buddy who worked at the same place at the time waited in line for even though we had to get up at 4 AM for week the next morning. Played the hell out of Reach too. Then I played the hell out of 4. But then... Halo 5 happened, and I was deeply disappointed. But, I type here now that I am very much looking forward to Halo 6. I really think it will capture much of what I knew and loved growing up with halo.
My cousin got me into it. Gave me my own Xbox and copy of the game and loved it ever since
First time I played was with my dad, when he told me what to do and would walk me through it. I remember him saying to choose the Normal difficulty, well now I don’t as my predominant difficulty. I instantly fell in love with this game.
MAX2107 wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:
Halo came with the original xbox when I bought it. Been hooked ever since.
This for me as well.
All three of us. I'd never heard of it before.
We bought a white Xbox bundle with Halo The Master Chief Collection
My Dad played the first 2 games on the OG Xbox when I was a bub. Christmas 2007 came around and he bought me an Xbox that was more for him but I was just old enough to actually play Halo 3. Never really understood what was happening til Reach released but I've been hooked since.
My friend when he bought his xbox. I would always go over to his house and play because all I had was the original playstation. Those were the multiplayer split screen days. Good times.
In 2004, for my 5th birthday, my step-dad got me an OG Xbox with a few games. CE being one of the games.
Best. Present. Ever.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3