OP HyperHedShotZ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
If assassinations could be countered then people would start just beating the other player down to avoid being robbed of a deserved kill.
No thanks. Remember the sword block from Reach? Everyone would block a sword lunge because they just hit the melee button out of instinct when a player was suddenly in their face. That's what I think would happen with this except they would spam the button the second the animation would start to happen.
We don't need a repeat counter knife fiasco like bf4. Assasinations should be based on the skill to sweep the leg unsuspecting and finishing the target cleanly. Let your guard down, well tough luck.
Rakunz Boi wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
It would be like copying Battlefield
Like they havent copied COD already?

OP, i would kinda like a Counter-assassination ability added. It would be cool, especially for the people who always get assassinated or never get any because of Yoinkers.
You mean COD copied halo in infinite warfare they've got a person who looks just like Jorge a replica of a pelican and who knows what else
343 copied COD before Infinite warfare lol and a replica of a vehicle from another game is a reference not copying. I'm pretty sure there isnt a guy that looks just like Jorge.. Your argument has no real valid points. Thanks for trying, though.
There is an entire video on Youtube about it
nope , nope . the more complicated the worse it is.
Rakunz Boi wrote:
Rakunz Boi wrote:
J kid789 wrote:

OP, i would kinda like a Counter-assassination ability added. It would be cool, especially for the people who always get assassinated or never get any because of Yoinkers.
You mean COD copied halo in infinite warfare they've got a person who looks just like Jorge a replica of a pelican and who knows what else
343 copied COD before Infinite warfare lol and a replica of a vehicle from another game is a reference not copying. I'm pretty sure there isnt a guy that looks just like Jorge.. Your argument has no real valid points. Thanks for trying, though.
There is an entire video on Youtube about it
Alright, I'll look up this "video".

Edit: LOL, that video didnt have any valid points either, some of the points he tried to make were on "Easter eggs" of Infinite Warfare.
Nah, it's already a risk to do an assassination instead if a regular melee. If you get hit from the back you should die.
The ONLY way I'd be ok with this is if each particular assassination had a particular button combo to counter. So if you could detect which assassination was happening quickly enough, and then punch in the counter assassination (timed with the moves or not) quickly enough, you could get your counter in for the kill.
No, it should be a three-second button-mashing "tug of war." Whoever presses a button the most inside the time limit wins. When it's activated, a meter will appear on the top of the screen that kind of looks like this:

(-------/------------)

The / is the bar that shows whose winning. The attacker gets a head start, but if the victim is determined enough, his death could be prevented. There could be a setting for the victim for wether he wants to do this every time an assassination is attempted on him, or just to give it up and watch a cool animation.
Adding counter assassinations to H5 is basically the similar idea of countering a knife assassination from Battlefield 4. Question is, would it work?
It was complete garbage in BF4.

A blind, deaf, cripple could counter knife.
Adding counter assassinations to H5 is basically the similar idea of countering a knife assassination from Battlefield 4. Question is, would it work?
It was complete garbage in BF4.

A blind, deaf, cripple could counter knife.
Lol, if it was like both players going back in forth with all this knife countering, especially in Halo 5, I wouldn't play it no more. I'm not about to play Halo 5: Mortal Kombat Guardians.
Nah, people with quick(er) reflexes could just avoid getting assassinated the whole time.

That would lead to people not bothering with assassinations at all as it could backfire
No, it should be a three-second button-mashing "tug of war." Whoever presses a button the most inside the time limit wins. When it's activated, a meter will appear on the top of the screen that kind of looks like this:

(-------/------------)

The / is the bar that shows whose winning. The attacker gets a head start, but if the victim is determined enough, his death could be prevented. There could be a setting for the victim for wether he wants to do this every time an assassination is attempted on him, or just to give it up and watch a cool animation.
That MIGHT work in a stealth game - which Halo isn't.
I don't think that standing around, completely defenseless to other players, mashing buttons would be something you'd like to do in the heat of a battle. Like "ain't nobody got time fo dat!"

(-------/------------)

That MIGHT work in a stealth game - which Halo isn't.
I don't think that standing around, completely defenseless to other players, mashing buttons would be something you'd like to do in the heat of a battle. Like "ain't nobody got time fo dat!"
Still, that would be cool, if not in Halo.

(-------/------------)

NO! That takes too much time. Its already difficult to get assassinations sometimes. between the other enemies, yoinkers, and the occasional grenade that your victim throws at your feet before you start to kill them, it can be pretty frustrating. if you manage to sneak up on someone to perform your assassination, you deserve to see it. Not go through a button mash contest to complete your kill.
J kid789 wrote:

(-------/------------)

NO! That takes too much time. Its already difficult to get assassinations sometimes. between the other enemies, yoinkers, and the occasional grenade that your victim throws at your feet before you start to kill them, it can be pretty frustrating. if you manage to sneak up on someone to perform your assassination, you deserve to see it. Not go through a button mash contest to complete your kill.
What I'm suggesting at least is better than just pressing a button at the right time to counter assassinations. Then people would counter the assassination every time and people would resort to just punching them in the back risk-free. And if you had to press a button combo to counter them, (press ABBXYRbLtX within 3 seconds) that would also be way too easy to counter, and would take the same amount of time as my suggestion. If there had to be a counter-assassination, my idea would be the best IMO. If it makes you feel better, I'll add that attacker and victim would be invincible until the tug of war is over.
I wouldn't like that. It would be awful that after managing to sneak behind someone he could stop your assassination and probably kill you.
When someone assassinates you,there's a split second where you can tap the melee button,and counter.
any thoughts?
This person is a complete idiot. If you get assassinated thats on you. Just learn to watch your back next time.
HELL NO! If this ever gets implemented I promise I will drop halo.
Rakunz Boi wrote:
J kid789 wrote:

You mean to tell me that uplink, a game mode first introduce in black ops 3 isn't an exact rip off of ricochet, a game mode in Halo 4? If you say yes you're lying. Uplink and ricochet are the EXACT same game with different names. Nobody is saying you can't take ideas from other games. In fact at this point there's barely antpything that is original anymore. But CoD clearly rips off halo, destiny, and titanfall. There's no arguing against it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5