Forums / Community / General Discussion

343 please revive this game!!!

OP Black96z

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/canceled-mega-bloks-halo-game-footage-revealed-33376074/#10
Video Link

The game looks really good.
This is actually really cool. It would be neat to see this concept ran with.
I can see why they would have dropped it, it looks a lot similar to a regular Lego game perhaps they dropped it to avoid any copyright clashing
I concur. This game has a lot of potential. If 343 Industopplease wanted to target younger audiences and get them liking Halo, what better way to do that than a Mega Bloks game?
I can see why they would have dropped it, it looks a lot similar to a regular Lego game perhaps they dropped it to avoid any copyright clashing
no it is very different (weapons, power ups, ennemies, design, vehicles, gameplay) I really prefer this style than the lego style (I mean in game)
Yeah it looks really good, hell im near on 20 and i still love the lego games and the idea of customising/upgrading our weapons and vehicles as we go is really good
I want It, please 343!
No cortana? Looks like a Nintendo game.
Damn, that actually looks really cool. Would definitely be interested in seeing something like this released, my nephew is a big Halo fan so this would be great for us to run co-op :)
well, if they could raise the esrb rating for the main Halo and sell this as the kids version. Then i could be interested, could it even make everyone happy? I hope so.
Spoiler:
Show
also, im feeling quite sceptical about 343i so im not sure if they should be the ones finishing it.

"Child of my enemy, why have you come? I offer no forgiveness... a father's sins, passed to his son."
Spoiler:
Show
I would play it. Looks like a fun game. 10/10
well, if they could raise the esrb rating for the main Halo and sell this as the kids version. Then i could be interested, could it even make everyone happy? I hope so.
Spoiler:
Show
also, im feeling quite sceptical about 343i so im not sure if they should be the ones finishing it.

"Child of my enemy, why have you come? I offer no forgiveness... a father's sins, passed to his son."
Spoiler:
Show
Why would they need to raise the rating for the mainline Halo games? It would be pointless.
"Yeah, we labeled our game as M."
"Why? It only needs a T rating. Hell, previous games didn't even need that M rating."
"Uh... because our fans demanded it?"
"That's a pretty stupid reason."
"Yeah, but we need sales."
"And you do that by slightly limiting your audience? What kind of logic is that? Wouldn't it be better to just look at previous games, which, again, didn't require the M rating, and go off of those?"
"Yeah... but that requires work..."
"God dammit."

Halo never needed the M rating. It has been at PEGI 16+ for every installment outside of the US.

A Mega Bloks Halo game would likely only require an E, E-10+ rating, considering that almost all Lego video games have been around that same level.
Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
Why would they need to raise the rating for the mainline Halo games? It would be pointless.
"Why? It only needs a T rating. Hell, previous games didn't even need that M rating."
"And you do that by slightly limiting your audience? What kind of logic is that? Wouldn't it be better to just look at previous games, which, again, didn't require the M rating, and go off of those?"
"God dammit."

Halo never needed the M rating. It has been at PEGI 16+ for every installment outside of the US.

A Mega Bloks Halo game would likely only require an E, E-10+ rating, considering that almost all Lego video games have been around that same level.
just if adding the blood effects and a bit of swearing like it used to be raises the rating then they should do it. Its not really about the rating but what the higher rating could make available. You seemed to miss the point to make the joke. And yes its been 16+ or even 15+ on the older ones (at least where i live) but its more about the production country since its the one that limits the development and artistic choises.
and perhaps it didnt need such high ratings but those ratings seem to be more like a guidelines for the players, the ones who decide about ratings sometimes seem overprotective but the lower rating still limits the choises they can make so theres that.
and yes, the blocks version could most likely be E, but that could be the one that broadens the audience rather than the main franchise.
for the point being, i dont really appreciate the lower rating if it limits the development (ie the blood, swares.... Those sort of things) like, i dont think the main Halo should start resembling toy soldiers or something like that.

"If you will not hear the truth, then I will show it to you. There is still time to stop the key from turning, but first, it must be found."
Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
"God dammit."

just if adding the blood effects and a bit of swearing like it used to be raises the rating then they should do it. Its not really about the rating but what the higher rating could make available. You seemed to miss the point to make the joke. And yes its been 16+ or even 15+ on the older ones (at least where i live) but its more about the production country since its the one that limits the development and artistic choises.
Yet the only thing that seemed to raise Halo's rating to M was that the Flood incorporated a degree of gore. Even with it, an M rating is barely necessary. So I see no reason why 343 wouldn't be able to make a game with more serious and gritty elements while keeping it an a T rating.
Quote:
and perhaps it didnt need such high ratings but those ratings seem to be more like a guidelines for the players, the ones who decide about ratings sometimes seem overprotective but the lower rating still limits the choises they can make so theres that.
And if those are just guidelines, why does it matter if it's T or M? A lower rating may limit choices, but they can always just border on those limits and just barely get by.
Quote:
and yes, the blocks version could most likely be E, but that could be the one that broadens the audience rather than the main franchise.
for the point being, i dont really appreciate the lower rating if it limits the development (ie the blood, swares.... Those sort of things) like, i dont think the main Halo should start resembling toy soldiers or something like that.
And I don't see any reason to make the rating higher just for the sake of making it higher.

I don't think Halo should resemble toy soldiers either, but making it some pointless attempt at an overboard, swear-filled gore-fest would be stupid.
I like how a thread about an Awesome Halo spin off that should have become a reality turned into a debate about the ratings for the series. I could give a flying grunt about the rating. The rating is based on the game, not the other way around.

BUt anyway, seriously, I want this. Like, I dunno why, but I just REALLY want this. I always remember having fun with the lego games, I played those all the time. And the fact we almost had a halo version, oh heck yeah. I'd slap a pre-order in asap.
I would be all for it!
I would want to see it happen!
Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
"God dammit."

Off topic: while I don't agree with his reasoning, I think Halo would really benefit in having a more mature title. It would add a lot more depth and give the series a more "war" vibe - similar to what Rogue One did for Star Wars.
This looks like something a lot of people would like, myself included.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2