Forums / Community / General Discussion

[Locked] 343i Disappointment

OP OmegaVortex82

When 343i/Microsoft took over the Halo games my initial thought was this will be great. Now I'm just disappointed, Halo 4 (disaster), Halo 5 (disaster), Master Chief Collection seems to be the golden boy even though its piggybacking on the success of the Bungie series.

It's great and all but when you pretty much abandon the previous games then you abandon the players and the experience it creates leaving one questioning the future of MCC and the reliability of Infinite before it even comes out.

Let's go over the 2 previous Halo games 4/5. Server issues, H5 customs issues (having to restart after the game ends), various bugs (some of which can crash the game), I could keep going but by now you get the picture.
I understand this point. In my opinion, the next games will get better. Microsoft hears our feedback and they understand the importance of Halo to the fans so I believe they will do everything to make them better.
Halo 5 is far from a disaster. Its the most fun Ive had with a Halo since H3.
Sure, more lag than H3, if a custom game ends the game will freeze, I mean they added new weapons, but nerfed others, you only get armor from packs which you either earn enough Req points or you buy the pack, isn't it about $60 for the full Osiris set?

I'll probably wait a couple months before grabbing Infinite, after all it didn't take long for H5 to drop in price at game stores.
I mean, Halo 5 had my favorite multiplayer since Halo 3 for a good while. Opinions are great, and everybody has one, but they're also subjective. Where Halo 5 stands with me now is definitely different than before, but it'd still be foolish of me to downright call the game a disaster only on account of my distaste for the direction the game took.
It's great and all but when you pretty much abandon the previous games then you abandon the players and the experience it creates leaving one questioning the future of MCC
Do you even currently play MCC? You might've had a point like a year and half ago, but since that time they've turned it around with Insider flights and it's also been getting updated weekly with playlist updates and usually once a month or two with big updates which include bug fixes. The devs for that game are very involved with the community and its future looks great.
Posts made just to be negative and not have much for discussion don't offer much potential to be constructive.