Forums / Community / General Discussion

3rd person Spartan Locke game 🧐

OP I IMugen I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I would be all for a separate game within the halo universe with a 3rd person Spartan Locke backstory.
Origins of him being in ONI and doing recon missions leading up to halo 5, I know there was a lot of hate for Halo 5 but I think if they made a game based on Spartan Locke with a compelling story for him and good gameplay it could make H5 story more understandable for others to pick up on. A unique multiplayer experience for that game could also be something very cool and new for halo fans to experience. I would definitely like to see 343 step out of their element and make a 3rd person halo game while staying true to the universe, as a long time Halo fan since the OG Xbox I’ve played all the Halo games and while I did have my favorites in the series I always wondered what it would be like in a 3rd person style game
Out of all the characters in Halo lore I dont really get why Locke would be the one ending up with getting a prequel, given usually prequels are about good/popular characters.

So I see there could be a spin-off 3rd person game based on Halo universe, even a prequel which could be somewhat weird when there could be just a 3rd person game centered on before non-controlled character or previously unknown character. But I dont really see a new 3rd person game being centered around a previously controlled character that has already ties to FPS genre, especially when the character is quite widely seen as the face for the current rock-bottom of a campaign while not exacly being praised as a character either.

So in other words, if there would be new 3rd person Halo game, exactly why would studio think it would be a good idea to having it so closely tied to something they seem to want to sweep as much of under the rug by timejumping (as in there is years long gap in timeline between games lorewise) their next mainline installment?
I'd be down but I'd want a different studio to do it, I want 343i to be 100% focused on the main series games.
You're kidding, right?
Try watching Nightfall.
Out of all the characters in Halo lore I dont really get why Locke would be the one ending up with getting a prequel, given usually prequels are about good/popular characters.

So I see there could be a spin-off 3rd person game based on Halo universe, even a prequel which could be somewhat weird when there could be just a 3rd person game centered on before non-controlled character or previously unknown character. But I dont really see a new 3rd person game being centered around a previously controlled character that has already ties to FPS genre, especially when the character is quite widely seen as the face for the current rock-bottom of a campaign while not exacly being praised as a character either.

So in other words, if there would be new 3rd person Halo game, exactly why would studio think it would be a good idea to having it so closely tied to something they seem to want to sweep as much of under the rug by timejumping (as in there is years long gap in timeline between games lorewise) their next mainline installment?
That’s why i said to get a better understanding explain his progress in ONI leading in to the story. Not only would we see a darker more corrupt side of the halo universe that hasn’t been seen in the game series ever, it could be a more interesting story than we expected. I noticed that everyone has some form of resentment towards Halo 5 and I understand but We can’t be closed minded about it you never know if it were to happen it could be (hypothetically speaking) more appreciated to get a better understanding where the character came from and his tie in to the master chief.
I'd be down but I'd want a different studio to do it, I want 343i to be 100% focused on the main series games.
343 is a big studio If they make halo infinite what we all expect it to be, I’m all for part of the studio to branch off and make a ambitious game like that. I just want to see a dark more corrupt side of the halo universe relating to ONI and not only that they could make a hated character to a more favorable one if they make the story compelling.
You're kidding, right?
No, I am not lol 343 studio is a big dev team I don’t want them to be contained in a box only slaving away making halo FPS games when they can create something different and expand on the story some more in a different genre other than the unpopular RTS genre. You can hate the idea but no disrespect to you, I see a lot of fans are really closed minded with halo only being a FPS. 343industries are artist and they need to step outside the box and I would definitely be ok with it as long as they stay true to the lore and connect the characters properly it could be pretty cool you never know!
tuhin94 wrote:
Try watching Nightfall.
I watched it, I would rather play it tbh lol
Cool idea. I'm up for this. Locke deserves a few more minutes in the spotlight.
I IMugen I wrote:
You're kidding, right?
No, I am not lol 343 studio is a big dev team I don’t want them to be contained in a box only slaving away making halo FPS games when they can create something different and expand on the story some more in a different genre other than the unpopular RTS genre. You can hate the idea but no disrespect to you, I see a lot of fans are really closed minded with halo only being a FPS. 343industries are artist and they need to step outside the box and I would definitely be ok with it as long as they stay true to the lore and connect the characters properly it could be pretty cool you never know!
Think about it. Every Halo game that isn't fps, where is it right now?
I IMugen I wrote:
You're kidding, right?
Think about it. Every Halo game that isn't fps, where is it right now?
Haha, do you mean literally? The Microsoft Store. I see what you mean though. "Not as popular as the FPS games" is what you're looking for.
I think a third person Halo game could be something worth playing/creating. I have always enjoyed third person games. I grew up on Ratchet and Clank, Spider-Man 2, Assassin's Creed, Gears etc. Some of my favorite games are the Splinter Cell games and The Last of Us. It would be cool to see a third person game set in the Halo universe. I think it would make for a great game. I would have another studio do it though, maybe even a third party one.
I IMugen I wrote:

That’s why i said to get a better understanding explain his progress in ONI leading in to the story. Not only would we see a darker more corrupt side of the halo universe that hasn’t been seen in the game series ever, it could be a more interesting story than we expected. I noticed that everyone has some form of resentment towards Halo 5 and I understand but We can’t be closed minded about it you never know if it were to happen it could be (hypothetically speaking) more appreciated to get a better understanding where the character came from and his tie in to the master chief.
I just think that it wouldn't necessarily need to be Locke to show bit of morally gray areas in Halo universe, basically could just be any new character from ONI doing some shady business, which would exclude the bad stigma from infamous (and not in a good way) or at least dividing character.
And it really could be better than expected but I wouldn't expect any studio really, taking a risk of bad press even before the launch by having ties into that disaster of a game which Locke is the face of.
So I dont really see a reason for trying to redeem a character that was never, really, a good character but rather was messed from the beginning.

So to put it figuratively, I dont get why would studio try to use some old feces in trying to bake a cake instead of trying to use new ingredients and see how that goes, would say that at least in the latter case there is at least a better chance.
And as to having "ties" into Master Chief himself, I doubt there would be just 1 agent researching the case if there apparently was a case including suspicions about Chief going AWOL. So I dont see Locke being the only shot in that case either.
I IMugen I wrote:
343 is a big studio If they make halo infinite what we all expect it to be, I’m all for part of the studio to branch off and make a ambitious game like that. I just want to see a dark more corrupt side of the halo universe relating to ONI and not only that they could make a hated character to a more favorable one if they make the story compelling.
If they made a team within 343i to make it I'd want them to at least hire on people specifically for it like what Playground did.
343i's LinkedIn company page says they have anywhere from 201-500 employees. Just to name a few others, Bethesda and Infinity Ward post the same figure. I would count on these guys being able to deliver a diverse product offering, provided they are choosing to divide up their workforce to make different games. 343i might have secret stuffs that they haven't released yet, can't count anything out yet!
I would actually want a story about the Arbiter, a character fleshed out in Halo 2, but acting as a sidekick in Halo 3
Geoffyz wrote:
343i's LinkedIn company page says they have anywhere from 201-500 employees. Just to name a few others, Bethesda and Infinity Ward post the same figure. I would count on these guys being able to deliver a diverse product offering, provided they are choosing to divide up their workforce to make different games. 343i might have secret stuffs that they haven't released yet, can't count anything out yet!
343 is more than capable to make it happen without a doubt, I would love to see a 3rd person halo game whether it be ONI Ops or even red team doesn’t matter just letting them create something fresh and unique. I just hate how the fanbase is so closed minded that 343 literally walks on eggshells! ODST and reach we’re good in my opinion but let’s see a 3rd person halo and I say LET THEM CREATE!!! As a true halo fan since halo ce I just want them to step out and have a portion of the team make something awesome after all these devs are ARTIST!!!
JerAnim wrote:
I think a third person Halo game could be something worth playing/creating. I have always enjoyed third person games. I grew up on Ratchet and Clank, Spider-Man 2, Assassin's Creed, Gears etc. Some of my favorite games are the Splinter Cell games and The Last of Us. It would be cool to see a third person game set in the Halo universe. I think it would make for a great game. I would have another studio do it though, maybe even a third party one.
I would prefer 343 make it honestly, I think they learned their lesson with MCC and how that came out as far as giving it to a 3rd party dev. They should have full quality control since it would be their first take on a 3rd person halo game if they would to make it that is
I IMugen I wrote:
You're kidding, right?
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2