Forums / Community / General Discussion

A concern I have for the TV series

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I don't want them to make it TV-MA I wouldn't mind some foul language (that's in the earlier halos) or violence (duh) but if they add needless inappropriate content, I would be really disappointed.
I don’t think it’ll be needless inappropriate content but it WILL be a drama series...so it’ll be following soldiers and officers during the war so I’m sure OFFICER LADY A will fall in love with MALE SOLDIER B and will be a big drama on how they wanna be together blah blah blah..it’ll be 10 episodes and get cancelled
LbonB312 wrote:
It's cool that we're finally getting a Halo TV series. It's sweet that they chose Showtime, no commercials and can be more mature. However, something has me a bit nervous, budget. The Halo Universe is enormous and epic, and I hope that Microsoft and Showtime put enough money into it that can properly bring *Halo* to the screen. The last thing I want is a cheap-looking series that doesn't truly show off the scope of this incredible universe.
The only other similar products with Halo in the title are Nightfall and Forward unto Dawn..It’s not very promising
I hope Microsoft and Showtime want to make it the next Game of Thrones, a TV series with a huge budget that actually looks really great. I think I remember reading somewhere Showtime wants this to be the next Game of Thrones.
Lol, I heard that they weren't even going to try to compete with Game of Thrones.
LbonB312 wrote:
It's cool that we're finally getting a Halo TV series. It's sweet that they chose Showtime, no commercials and can be more mature. However, something has me a bit nervous, budget. The Halo Universe is enormous and epic, and I hope that Microsoft and Showtime put enough money into it that can properly bring *Halo* to the screen. The last thing I want is a cheap-looking series that doesn't truly show off the scope of this incredible universe.
The only other similar products with Halo in the title are Nightfall and Forward unto Dawn..It’s not very promising
I hope Microsoft and Showtime want to make it the next Game of Thrones, a TV series with a huge budget that actually looks really great. I think I remember reading somewhere Showtime wants this to be the next Game of Thrones.
Lol, I heard that they weren't even going to try to compete with Game of Thrones.
They may not have said it directly, but with Showtime saying this will be their most ambitious show ever, this seems to indicate they want a show to rival Game of Thrones in terms of scope and budget, and hopefully making money.
Assuming they take advantage of the resources out there, such as big name cosplayers and the good people at 343 Industries, it should turn out to be pretty amazing. Only time will tell.
My concern is them making this a next MC, focused story. Or more about the Spartans. I love the Spartans but the halo universe is vast.

I think most people would prefer following a squad of marines, ODSTs, Army rangers or a ship's crew, band of brothers style from the height of the insurrection, to first contact with the Covenant, the time during the war, the end and the universe since. With Spartans and game references making short sweet cameos and appearances.

I hope that is what we get.
My concern is them making this a next MC, focused story. Or more about the Spartans. I love the Spartans but the halo universe is vast.

I think most people would prefer following a squad of marines, ODSTs, Army rangers or a ship's crew, band of brothers style from the height of the insurrection, to first contact with the Covenant, the time during the war, the end and the universe since. With Spartans and game references making short sweet cameos and appearances.

Well, to be fair, if it was a story about regular foot soldiers instead of the Spartans, people wouldn't be as interested. Especially newcomers. But having said that, if the series is a big success with a focus on the Chief, then that could open the door to do a series of other stories in the universe. I think they should make sure people will be invested in the main character that started the franchise before they branch off into other places in the lore.
MEDICVS wrote:

Well, to be fair, if it was a story about regular foot soldiers instead of the Spartans, people wouldn't be as interested. Especially newcomers. But having said that, if the series is a big success with a focus on the Chief, then that could open the door to do a series of other stories in the universe. I think they should make sure people will be invested in the main character that started the franchise before they branch off into other places in the lore.
I don't necessarily agree, I think seeing regular humans overcoming the juggernaut of the Covenant warriors and technology is more interesting. Sure a one tonne super solider flipping and charging through hordes of enemies is far more exciting, however a making more of a human drama with the action opens it for more of a wider reaching audience
MEDICVS wrote:

I don't necessarily agree, I think seeing regular humans overcoming the juggernaut of the Covenant warriors and technology is more interesting. Sure a one tonne super solider flipping and charging through hordes of enemies is far more exciting, however a making more of a human drama with the action opens it for more of a wider reaching audience
Why not do both? Have a story about regular people who are in the UNSC and are fighting against the Covenant, but have them paired with a Spartan. And of course, every now and then John shows up.

Of course, if the producers and writers want to make a show about John, depending on how much of a time leap Halo Infinite has from Halo 5, there could be tons of stories they could tell and pretty much do almost anything.
MEDICVS wrote:

Why not do both? Have a story about regular people who are in the UNSC and are fighting against the Covenant, but have them paired with a Spartan. And of course, every now and then John shows up.

Of course, if the producers and writers want to make a show about John, depending on how much of a time leap Halo Infinite has from Halo 5, there could be tons of stories they could tell and pretty much do almost anything.
I definitely want to see both, I have no issues with Spartans being in it, I just want to see Spartans used a bit more sparingly so that when they turn up it is something, and the human drama is more on non augmented troops.
I don't want them to make it TV-MA I wouldn't mind some foul language (that's in the earlier halos) or violence (duh) but if they add needless inappropriate content, I would be really disappointed.
Yes I agree with you. I hope this will be something that I can watch with my family.
I don’t think it’ll be needless inappropriate content but it WILL be a drama series...so it’ll be following soldiers and officers during the war so I’m sure OFFICER LADY A will fall in love with MALE SOLDIER B and will be a big drama on how they wanna be together blah blah blah..it’ll be 10 episodes and get cancelled
It could be like that or it could deal with ONI a lot.
NIC 020 wrote:
It could be like that or it could deal with ONI a lot.
It would be nice, but they would need drama and hooks..and EVERY tv series knows the easiest ones are love stories...that’s y every series on showtime/HBO has the “love triangle or romance bits”
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2