Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

[Locked] A Genuine Question...

OP A2AxPhoenix

First, I want to start out by asking everyone to keep this discussion as civil as possible. I really am genuinely curious on this topic and I want to keep this forum open. Now that that's out of the way, onto the topic matter: I don't understand this Bungie Halo vs 343i Halo mantra. As far as I knew the crew who worked on Halo: CE- Halo: Reach was the same crew that ended up being in 343i. I ask this because if that's true, what's the difference between Halo of old and Halo of now? I know we all want Halo to be the best it can be and in certain areas I completely disagree with the direction of 343i and I can understand others' opinions on the matter, but the statement: "I don't like Halo because 343i ruined it" is completely convoluted and doesn't hold to even a marginal amount of scrutiny...in my opinion. Again, I believe that everyone who has stayed with Halo this long wants to see the game become the best it can be.

To be more concise (TL;DR): 1) What's the difference between 343i and Bungie? and 2) Under the assumption we all want Halo to succeed, what can 343i do to make that better?

I'm open to any and all responses and I hope we can all be civil about this.

EDIT: I do want to add to this that I genuinely enjoy 343i approaching Halo by incorporating the lore from the books, comics, and other media. Adding the lore into the franchise and running with the lore makes for a more in-depth story which I like. I know not all people agree with me, so I want to hear your thoughts on this as well...thanks.

EDIT 2: Again, the purpose of this is to try to help me understand what the difference between a Bungie-era Halo and a 343i-era Halo and to discuss what we can agree 343i can do to make Halo 6 better than the previous game, because that should be the goal of every gaming company (not specific to 343i): To make each sequel game better than the previous one.
These type of threads always turn into Developer bashing. Not much good can come from them.
I understand, that's why I wanted to emphasize that I am in no way trying to bash either Bungie or 343i. I just want to know why people have those sentiments. Hopefully, everyone can be civil in their opinions of what Bungie and 343i did well and not so well, that way in any case the mistakes can be learned from. One can only hope there will be no developer bashing.
The main diffrence is the name,Bungie is made out of 6 letters and 343 Industries of 13 letters.
And other staff.
I understand, that's why I wanted to emphasize that I am in no way trying to bash either Bungie or 343i. I just want to know why people have those sentiments. Hopefully, everyone can be civil in their opinions of what Bungie and 343i did well and not so well, that way in any case the mistakes can be learned from. One can only hope there will be no developer bashing.
I think we all wish this could be the case, but history proves with these types of topics that it's just not possible. I've left a few in the past for a short time only to return and have to lock them and clean up a mess, we just don't allow these types of comparison topics. Each company has their own strengths and weaknesses and unique qualities that players enjoy.

To quote Unyshek (and the forum rules):
Quote:
Comparison is the thief of joy. Do not create threads or posts that compare games, companies, communities, or players. Discussing and comparing game features is allowed.