[Locked] A Message to 343

OP PeachedCrane60

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I want to see more updates and I WANT TURBO BACK!!!!!
These are some suggestions I think should be considered..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(1) Social hub
Halo 6 need a social hub like the tower in Destiny. The setting could take place at a Spartan facility where players can visit different vendors to customize their armor, weapons and look up stats to see where they stand on the leaderboards. They could also have some sort of a training facility where you can practice shooting moving targets at a gun range while your waiting for members in your fireteam to finish customizing their spartan or shopping at vendors. This could help build up the community and make it easier for clans to form and players to meet different people.

(2) Armor customizations
Also, I would like to see better looking armor in Halo 6. The armor in Halo 5 helmets look awkward and poorly designed. The armor should have a little more time spent on them. I would like to feel more like a super hero when I suit up.

(3) Weapon customizations
It would be cool to be able to choose different sights for weapons. (Laser sights with the option of a red dot, blue dot, green dot or acog, holographic..etc) I think they should also allow for you to customize the skins of heavy weapons as well. It would be dope to run around with a red carbon fiber sniper rifle or a blue rocket launcher with a cool design on it.

(4) Req packs
Random prizes are a horrible idea. Just horrible..I think we should be allowed to grind for the weapon skins and armor that we want.

(5) Movement
Take off sprint and clamber and speed up the movement speed like the old MLG settings.

(6) Firefight
Bring back firefight instead of war zone. Firefight in ODST was awesome! Have special rewards for completing firefight on the higher skill levels. Allow a fireteam of 4 to go against many waves of enemies.

(7) Forge maps
Many players spend a lot of time making great maps. I think forgers deserve to submit their maps to be played in a community map playlist. Furthermore, we should be able to vote for the maps we like the most and those maps with the highest selections should be put in rotation.

(8) Pickup items
Pickup items like the power regenerator, bubble shield and power drainer should return back to the social slayer playlist. It adds variety and is far better than armor abilities.

(9) Playlist
Team snipers, team doubles and swat should be available on release! No exceptions!

(10) DLC
Keep the maps, skins and armor coming! Don't let the community get bored.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(1) Social hub
Halo 6 need a social hub like the tower in Destiny. The setting could take place at a Spartan facility where players can visit different vendors to customize their armor, weapons and look up stats to see where they stand on the leaderboards. They could also have some sort of a training facility where you can practice shooting moving targets at a gun range while your waiting for members in your fireteam to finish customizing their spartan or shopping at vendors. This could help build up the community and make it easier for clans to form and players to meet different people.

(2) Armor customizations
Also, I would like to see better looking armor in Halo 6. The armor in Halo 5 helmets look awkward and poorly designed. The armor should have a little more time spent on them. I would like to feel more like a super hero when I suit up.

It would be cool to be able to choose different sights for weapons. (Laser sights with the option of a red dot, blue dot, green dot or acog, holographic..etc) I think they should also allow for you to customize the skins of heavy weapons as well. It would be dope to run around with a red carbon fiber sniper rifle or a blue rocket launcher with a cool design on it.

(4) Req packs
Random prizes are a horrible idea. Just horrible..I think we should be allowed to grind for the weapon skins and armor that we want.

(5) Movement
Take off sprint and clamber and speed up the movement speed like the old MLG settings.

(6) Firefight
Bring back firefight instead of war zone. Firefight in ODST was awesome! Have special rewards for completing firefight on the higher skill levels. Allow a fireteam of 4 to go against many waves of enemies.

(7) Forge maps
Many players spend a lot of time making great maps. I think forgers deserve to submit their maps to be played in a community map playlist. Furthermore, we should be able to vote for the maps we like the most and those maps with the highest selections should be put in rotation.

(8) Pickup items
Pickup items like the power regenerator, bubble shield and power drainer should return back to the social slayer playlist. It adds variety and is far better than armor abilities.

(9) Playlist
Team snipers, team doubles and swat should be available on release! No exceptions!

(10) DLC
For point 1, I can see how a social hub could potentially help build a social aspect to halo, but do not think that it would work, please prove me wrong on this point. For point 3, I think that would take halo out of the game and be more like a cod/ battlefield aspect of weapon customization, the skins I think are far enough with weapon customization, and the equal start aspect of halo would most likely be lost with the weapon customizing, with the "best" scope, or red dot to help increase the diversity of what should be equal starts. For point 4, I believe the REQ system is awful, but grinding for gear like destiny, that would be awful too, just have the items be unlock able in game by doing commendations, or achievements, and if this is what you mean by grinding then I agree, and do away with the REQ system entirely, would rather pay for good dlc, then get free updates with which was just completing the game that launched unfinished. In point 5, I really liked the idea, and would like to add that thrusters may have the potential to stay in the game, it could throw players for a loop when shooting, but take away the other aspects such as the ground pound, and the spartan charge. I am not sure if the stabilizers should stay or not. One problem I could see with thrusters though is that it could act like a short burst of speed, which would the have to be taken into account for map design, which could hurt the game. Point 9, yes. No exceptions, that should be available on release, just like forge, but would a community submitted playlist work as well, to test out different potential playlists for the community, and may lead to more playlists that get big like griffball and swat? All the other points I agree with.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
(1) Social hub

(2) Armor customizations

(4) Req packs

(5) Movement

(6) Firefight

(7) Forge maps

(8) Pickup items

(9) Playlist

(10) DLC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Do we really need that? All though it would be nice Halo is not a role playing game and the only reason the Tower exists in Destiny is to buy stuff, roleplay and gather a team or just socialize. All these can be achieved in the main menu or custom games.

2) I mostly agree but I thought some armors like EVA and Mako or Scout looked pretty good and serious.

3) Doing this would cause Halo to be called a COD clone and it already kinda exists in Warzone

4)Agree completley

5) I think sprint and stuff should stay. Fast moving games are fun to me, clamber is great.

6) Keep Warzone, it's fun, maybe make a few changes.... And you know, the more the merrier.

7)I agree, but how would this work. Would it be in game or in Waypoint or on the Xbox menu where add usually appear?

8) Pickup items where one of the worse feature of Halo 3 in my opinion. I would like them to burn

9) Agree

10) I agree but will it be free?
how halo 6 will get more money without microtransactions. first of all no more req varients only one varient of each weapon/vehicle. second of all have the armor be tied to the campaign, halo 5 or mcc so more people who want that armor have to play older games. and also bring back daily challenges like you did with HW2. ex. helljumper armor should be earned by beating halo 3 ODST on legendary. the halo 3 recon armor should be earned by earning the vidmaster achievement for halo 6. recruit armor should be earned by simply starting up the game. mrk4 should be earned by beating HW2 on legendary. noble teams armor should be earned by beating halo reach on legendary. all of blue teams armor should be earned by beating halo 6 on laso. osris and the scout armor should be earned by daily and weekly challenges. all the other armor should be like what a solder would where in a warzone. now for warzone, warzone is fun but is brought by the microtransactions so this how i thing it should be. lets say we are on the spirt of fire and it is being borded by the covies or banished. be a 12v12 game type and you are tasked protecting 3 people isabel cutter and anders if they all die it will be the round will end and the teams will be switched and the unsc will play as the banished or covies. but heres the catch. if anyone has seen the e3 star wars battlefront 2 gameplay then you know where i am going you can pick 3 classes for banished and 3 classes for unsc. banished units will have elite units brute units and hunter units you can play as accompannied with grunt and jackel ai. unsc will have 3 spartan classes. recon, assult, and hevey accompanied with marine and odsts ai. i think warzone has potenital without microtransactions and the gaming world in general hope 343 gets this and hope they listen to us fans
how halo 6 will get more money without microtransactions. first of all no more req varients only one varient of each weapon/vehicle. second of all have the armor be tied to the campaign, halo 5 or mcc so more people who want that armor have to play older games. and also bring back daily challenges like you did with HW2. ex. helljumper armor should be earned by beating halo 3 ODST on legendary. the halo 3 recon armor should be earned by earning the vidmaster achievement for halo 6. recruit armor should be earned by simply starting up the game. mrk4 should be earned by beating HW2 on legendary. noble teams armor should be earned by beating halo reach on legendary. all of blue teams armor should be earned by beating halo 6 on laso. osris and the scout armor should be earned by daily and weekly challenges. all the other armor should be like what a solder would where in a warzone. now for warzone, warzone is fun but is brought by the microtransactions so this how i thing it should be. lets say we are on the spirt of fire and it is being borded by the covies or banished. be a 12v12 game type and you are tasked protecting 3 people isabel cutter and anders if they all die it will be the round will end and the teams will be switched and the unsc will play as the banished or covies. but heres the catch. if anyone has seen the e3 star wars battlefront 2 gameplay then you know where i am going you can pick 3 classes for banished and 3 classes for unsc. banished units will have elite units brute units and hunter units you can play as accompannied with grunt and jackel ai. unsc will have 3 spartan classes. recon, assult, and hevey accompanied with marine and odsts ai. i think warzone has potenital without microtransactions and the gaming world in general hope 343 gets this and hope they listen to us fans
I'm sorry to burst your bubble 343 has said that after the failures that are halo mcc and halo 5 that they want to go back to the original roots first things that came back splitscreen, second no new characters for halo 6 or any future fps halos they are going to focus around chief, LAN is being supported to future halo titles, and Black Undersuits are going to replace the Colored Undersuits. 343 doesn't want to dissapoint the fans Halo Wars 2 is barely keeping the hardcore fans on halo so 343 industries doesn't want Halo 6 to end up as a failure like Halo 5 and alot of the community absolutely hate the REQ system so if 343 is going back to the roots and there going to scrap the REQ system and go back the the CR system and Paid DLC cause Halo 5 was a game to try out new things and the some of those new things (REQ system, 60fps at 1080p, and that you had to play only warzone to get the most points) failed and they don't want to make the same mistakes again
I don't think they have started working on Halo 6. They barely started hiring for it.
D M4N8 wrote:
I don't think they have started working on Halo 6. They barely started hiring for it.
They will very likely have started already, hiring new staff can happen at any time. For my job I started right before the development phase kicked off. Had a backend Dev starting after me and were now just getting a new PM. (I started 8 months ago)
I'm sorry to burst your bubble 343 has said that after the failures that are halo mcc and halo 5 that they want to go back to the original roots first things that came back splitscreen, second no new characters for halo 6 or any future fps halos they are going to focus around chief, LAN is being supported to future halo titles, and Black Undersuits are going to replace the Colored Undersuits. 343 doesn't want to dissapoint the fans Halo Wars 2 is barely keeping the hardcore fans on halo so 343 industries doesn't want Halo 6 to end up as a failure like Halo 5 and alot of the community absolutely hate the REQ system so if 343 is going back to the roots and there going to scrap the REQ system and go back the the CR system and Paid DLC cause Halo 5 was a game to try out new things and the some of those new things (REQ system, 60fps at 1080p, and that you had to play only warzone to get the most points) failed and they don't want to make the same mistakes again
these ideas had to be rewriten because they banned my first, this what my opinion. if you or 343 doesn't like it it doesn't matter to me i am trying to get my thoughts out for the people who agree with me but are to shy to say anything.
I feel like one of the problems you guys have, is when someone lags out it drops like a whole rank I wished lagging out didnt effect that.
H5 can't be improved. It's course is already set and nothing is changing that now. With that said, even if 343 focuses every effort on H6 I still have severe reservations about its quality and content. Given 343s track record, I can see H6 shaping up to be more of the same uninspired, underwhelming, poor examples of what Halo is.
Yeah unfortunately this is also what I expect. I would love to be proven wrong by them though.
How about they focus on making the shots register in the halo 5 game game, but yea they probably are not going to fix anything, because they are focusing on H6.
Wasp wrote:
How about they focus on making the shots register in the halo 5 game game, but yea they probably are not going to fix anything, because they are focusing on H6.
Please don't revive old threads.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4