A Note from Bonnie Ross about the Haggar Project

OP PlutonForEver

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
Over the past few days, footage has recently made the rounds of an exploratory Xbox 360 project we worked on several years ago, known as “Haggar.” Since then, we’ve received a lot of great feedback from the community. Haggar was something we prototyped with our friends at Mega Bloks that focused on the elements of action, exploration and user creativity found within the Halo universe. Haggar had a lot of fun ideas and invention behind it, but ultimately didn’t progress beyond the early prototyping levels that are shown in the recent video. This is just one example of several similar projects we have evaluated throughout the years – a process that we continue exploring on an ongoing basis.

-b
I loved what I saw, and will always take more Halo over less. This would be a fun game to play, and would be a fun introduction to Halo for my kids as they reach gaming age.
Just a note that I would have LOVED to play this game with my kids. My son is desperate to play Halo, but he's still too young. Something like this could really bridge that gap.

For the record, we play the Lego games together all the time -- and the look at Haggar seemed consistent. I'm sorry to hear it was canceled, but hope you and the team will consider making another title like this. And hurry please! My kids are getting older fast!
Everything about the demo showed promise.

I am kinda sad that it has been canceled, but I think that a game like this could have turned out to be a great spin off. The biggest problem may be that people will compare it to the lego games, but that isn't a huge problem. imitation is the highest form of flattery after all.

I think we all like halo instead of less and just lik Halo wars, we love the spinoffs, the comics, the books.
Just saw video! Sucks it was canceled... :(

Looks like awesome Halo mindless fun!
The demo seemed awesome. It showed great game mechanics and potential. If it's anything like the Lego games, it could allow the community to play with past characters such as Sgt Johnson or Capt Keyes without breaking the canon.
It could be a game that brings families together.

Being a Mega Bloks fan, I can assure you that this game could be popular with folks of all ages!
I hope we get something like this again down the line
I don't normally play games of this style but it did look pretty rad! And I mean it's Halo so of course I'd have to at least give it a try if something of this style were released.
I need this game, it looks so much fun.

boonieplz
i wish you will continue to experiment new ways to play in the halo universe
Please reconsider and have it happen!
atleast, it was cancelled
but...... would be that game, a good game or a mistake? curious thing :3
It really looked a lot of fun. Please reconsider it, allow yourself to be creative! Bonnie plz.
I'd love to see what other sorts of games and ideas you all at 343 have thrown around and even prototyped during your tenure with the franchise. Speaking specifically to the Mega Bloks (Mega Construx?) game, please make this a thing, perhaps even its own franchise! The LEGO games are tons of fun, and I'd love to see Halo get in on that. Hell, make it its own mini-franchise!

I know a lot of people would like a retelling of the original trilogy in Mega form, or perhaps a non-canon side adventure. Personally, I'd like the game to tell a story that's actually canon, but in that fun, LEGO-game manner. A series of side stories following Spartan-IV fireteams, perhaps even allowing player to customize their look. My two cents, anyway.
I totally would play it, and I'm not one of those people with kids, it just looks fun. I can totally see this being introduced to a younger audience, while still being entertaining for actual fans. Spin offs are always good, especially something like this. I can't even comment on how long I've been collecting the mega bloks stuff.

Please consider this.
Thanks for posting Bonnie, always love hearing about the projects that didn't quite make it :) I took a look at the gameplay and it certainly seemed pretty cool. Commented in another thread that something like this would be amazing to play with my nephew, we're both huge fans of Halo and Mega Bloks. Nice to know you're still looking into things like this
Toa Freak wrote:
I'd love to see what other sorts of games and ideas you all at 343 have thrown around and even prototyped during your tenure with the franchise. Speaking specifically to the Mega Bloks (Mega Construx?) game, please make this a thing, perhaps even its own franchise! The LEGO games are tons of fun, and I'd love to see Halo get in on that. Hell, make it its own mini-franchise!

I know a lot of people would like a retelling of the original trilogy in Mega form, or perhaps a non-canon side adventure. Personally, I'd like the game to tell a story that's actually canon, but in that fun, LEGO-game manner. A series of side stories following Spartan-IV fireteams, perhaps even allowing player to customize their look. My two cents, anyway.
I would like to see it canon, but with different characters than Master Chief. Maybe a new fireteam with some cool things to do connected with the main Halo games would be incredible (just like Spartan Ops).
Toa Freak wrote:

I would like to see it canon, but with different characters than Master Chief. Maybe a new fireteam with some cool things to do connected with the main Halo games would be incredible (just like Spartan Ops).
Why not continue Crimsons storyline as a funny spin off? who they are besides filling the role of players is rather vague still.
That looked pretty fun - I'm glad that you guys are willing to try new things and think outside the box.
Seant1228 wrote:
Toa Freak wrote:

Why not continue Crimsons storyline as a funny spin off? who they are besides filling the role of players is rather vague still.
This has been on my mind since I saw the footage yesterday. That would be my top pick for such a project!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7