OP PlutonForEver

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
Something tells me this was inspired by the Halo Mega Bloks machinima series that was on Waypoint quite a while back.

Whatever the case, I'd like to play it. LEGO games are fun, and a Mega Bloks game would be no different. It would also serve as a marketing platform for Mega Bloks, which could eventually branch out with more titles.

It would be cool if it behaved like LEGO games where you can actually choose the character you wanna play as, be it Chief, Locke, Arby, Johnson, etc.

Not a bad idea. As others have said, I like that you guys are experimenting with stuff like this and I look forward to see what else you've been coming up with!
It looked like a cute game that would have been a nice filler inbetween installments. I'm a little sad it wasn't pursued, but hopefully 343 is pursuing projects even better/cooler.

Thanks for touching base with us fans here on Waypoint about this :)

Happy Haloing!
Guys, Microsoft is the Place where the games got cancelled (unless they are gears,forza or Halo main) Don't trust in their words,they actually work in Another remake or sequel.
The studio may not be around anymore, but I think it's worth mentioning & giving a shout out to N-Space too, obviously in a sense they were the key party involved, right?

Edit: Sorry, I should have stated - I think it's really cool of you and the studio to address this, most companies wouldn't. Thank you :)
I really liked the look of the game, it looked like something I could play with my Godson at some point which is great! An entry point into the Halo universe for a younger gamer certainly wouldn't be a bad thing (I understand its not the same age bracket as the Lego games of course).
From what little gameplay I've seen, Haggar looked like a lot of fun. And I'm a bit disappointed that it never came to be.

The boarding of the Hunter looked cool as heck (of course)!
And the customization of your Warthog was a cool feature. I dunno if it was just going to be for the Warthog, but being able to drive a Tundra Mongoose or a Banished Ghost, etc... would've been cool too, even if it was just a cosmetic option.
I take it the ONI REAP-X vehicles were all going to be in this game? Since they've been created, only the Kestrel has been in any Halo titles (Spartan Strike). This would explain why they were created, made canon, and never appeared again. Dang shame too; They're really cool (especially the Walker).

I remember way back when LEGO Halo was talked about, and so many people wanted it to happen, but alas it never came to be. And now the same thing is happening with Mega Bloks Halo. I'd say that there's definitely an interest/demand for this style of game, even to this day.
Of course, there'd definitely be backlash and criticism (as always when it comes to Halo spin-offs). And it wouldn't make the amount of money that a typical Halo title would. So I can understand if one of the reasons it was cancelled was because of this. But it would've marketed Mega Bloks pretty well, and expand Halo's audience, which would probably pay off in the end. I dunno.
But the fact that it was something being thought of is extremely cool, and honestly appreciated that you guys are willing to think of taking risks like that and explore Halo outside of its comfort zone.

One thing that would've been cool as heck is if it worked like the LEGO games where after you completed a level, you could go back and play as other characters (after you've unlocked them, of course). This would open up so many possibilities that any other Halo title has not allowed yet. You could play as a Grunt, Hunter, Flood, Sentinel, Promethean Knight, Sergeant Johnson, Tarturas, etc. Which would just be the coolest freaking thing.
Just the thought of playing as an Elite Honor Guard, running around with an Energy Stave, makes me so happy to just think about.
Basically, the sandbox for this game could've been huge!

I can't say Haggar is a game that I need in my life, to be completely honest. But dangit is it a game that I want in my life.
Oh, and I gotta say, it's pretty cool for you guys to acknowledge this game.
I hope to see something good come out of this. There are many ways the game can be different than the Lego games such as highlighting the armory system instead of picking characters.
Looks awesome. Hopefully something along these lines comes to fruition eventually.

So on a similar note, what's a die-hard sci-fi community gotta do to to get an update on the super mega Halo TV series that is still in the works?
I think the prototype really showed promise. I remember back in 2009(?) when as an April Fools joke, Gameinformer leaked a Lego Halo game. Surprised to see how close we came to that.
omarlotrc wrote:
Something tells me this was inspired by the Halo Mega Bloks machinima series that was on Waypoint quite a while back.

Whatever the case, I'd like to play it. LEGO games are fun, and a Mega Bloks game would be no different. It would also serve as a marketing platform for Mega Bloks, which could eventually branch out with more titles.

It would be cool if it behaved like LEGO games where you can actually choose the character you wanna play as, be it Chief, Locke, Arby, Johnson, etc.

Not a bad idea. As others have said, I like that you guys are experimenting with stuff like this and I look forward to see what else you've been coming up with!
Technically, this project was cancelled back in 2013, long before the Megabloks machinima was posted.
From what I saw, the game looks awesome! I am a big Lego/MegaBloks fan and I really, really love Halo, so I like, TRIPLE love the game! If only it became a reality... (hint, hint, nudge, nudge) Love ya guys for everything! <3
I would LOVE to play this game, I'm a huge fan of both Halo and Halo Mega Bloks. I review all the toys: http://halofanforlife.com/?cat=6. Beyond that, I see a Halo Mega Bloks game as a good business move to get younger kids into the franchise before they transition to the more mature games.

Unlike some who have give. Negative feedback, I do NOT think this is dumbing down the franchise. It's a kids game yes, but shouldn't be mixed with the canonical lore of the main games. I know several parents who would enjoy playing this game with their kids. Heck, even my wife would p,at this and she's a fan of the LEGO games and this is on par with those. AND it would be a way for me to share my fandom of Halo more directly with her.

I only see this as a positive thing!

Please have lots of color customization. Though we do not need hundreds of armors. Maybe a couple dozen and no more.

Now consider could also expand beyond any story with Master Chief in Halo Mega Bloks games and have a Reach story. Or you could go further back and show Chief as a much younger Spartan. That might resonate a LOT more with kids! (And we older fans too...).
Just chiming in here on the forums even though I typically use r/halo. I would LOVE to play this game, it looks fantastic. When the time comes around again when the studio isn't completely busy with say, helping with Halo Wars 2 and focusing hard on Halo 6 development, please keep this kind of Mega Bloks Halo game at the top of your list for possible "experimental spinoff" projects, as many many fans would love it.
This game look AMAZING, its sadly that is cancelled hopefully you guys at 343 make this game for mobile devices like spartan assault or strike, as a lover of Halo and mobile games, a new game of this kind would be perfect for me (:
Pretty interesting that this warranted an official response.

Although IMO, Mega Bloks should focus on improving their set instructions instead of games.

Game looked really interesting though!
Really sad to see it was cancelled. Would love a Mega Bloks Halo game, especially if it is made similar to the one that was cancelled in the sense that it looked a lot like original Halo 1-3. Using the same old sounds from previous games is great! No need to make new sounds.
It was a great idea. Shame to see it left behind. Maybe 343 will make something similar or even better?
Yes it looked very good and I think companies should always show what could have been at least for documentation. I would love to see it reimagined
This project looked pretty awesome. I'm a big Halo fan and a hardcore gamer, but I understand that the Halo franchise needs fresh blood to attract young people who eventually will play to the mainstream Halo's FPS.

Haggar has a lot of interesting game mechanics:

1. Building: You can strategically build defensive, attacking or supporting elements
  2. Collecting/Loot: In order to build you need pieces, and to collect them you need to defeat enemies and traverse the map
  3. TPS: Is a third person shooter, which gives you a very good perspective of the world that help you to appreciate the art and move more strategically over the maps and through the covers
  4. Platforms: Similar to other games like Ratched'& Clank which gave a lot of fun
  5. Puzzle: One of the mayor gaps on current Halo games is that they are too lineal, but Haggar introduces puzzles such as switchers, the need of build elevators to reach higher platforms... This is a very entertaining feature for any game, and makes you inmerse into it a lot more
  6. Cooperative and split screen: Is a big win. It lets you play with your family or friends
  7. Strategy: At last but not least, all the previous game mechanics improves the strategic concept that lies within Haggar. You need to make several decisions before you fight enemies, in example: collect pieces to build a turret to fight a boss and build defensive walls to help you run away using a cover ...
As a mentioned before, I consider myself as a hardcore gamer and I spend a lot of time playing, I don't give any attention to Lego like games, but this one absolutely hooked me up.
I think this game would be a big win because children from 8 to 13 are a lot in building like games, such as Minecraft. From 12-13 to any age, people ussualy are in FPS, TPS, Strategy, Looting or Puzzle games. All these mechanics are found in Haggar, combined in an elegant way.
Haggar had many concepts I would translate into the mainstream Halos, because they seem to be fun.
It's not often I'm glad a Halo games get cancelled.

If this had of been released the milking of the Halo franchise would have well and truly begun.

343 have been very good about maintaining the integrity of the franchise so far, don't ruin it now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7