2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
EDDS wrote:
It's not often I'm glad a Halo games get cancelled.

If this had of been released the milking of the Halo franchise would have well and truly begun.

343 have been very good about maintaining the integrity of the franchise so far, don't ruin it now.
So two twin-stick shooter mobile games no one asked for is just fine but a game the fanbase has been wanting for years is milking?
EDDS wrote:

If this had of been released the milking of the Halo franchise would have well and truly begun.

343 have been very good about maintaining the integrity of the franchise so far, don't ruin it now.
So two twin-stick shooter mobile games no one asked for is just fine but a game the fanbase has been wanting for years is milking?
You've lost the plot if you think this is a game "the fanbase has been wanting for years".

I've never seen anyone express the desire for a game like this let alone a sizable chunk of the fanbase.

I don't know what your beef is with the Spartan games, they are decent games considering they are designed for mobile and it made sense to expand the Halo franchise to mobile given Microsoft is in that market. If Microsoft had simply farmed off the Halo license to Gameloft, then we'd have a problem.
EDDS wrote:
EDDS wrote:

You've lost the plot if you think this is a game "the fanbase has been wanting for years".

I've never seen anyone express the desire for a game like this let alone a sizable chunk of the fanbase.

I don't know what your beef is with the Spartan games, they are decent games considering they are designed for mobile and it made sense to expand the Halo franchise to mobile given Microsoft is in that market. If Microsoft had simply farmed off the Halo license to Gameloft, then we'd have a problem.
There have been posts here and there over the years that talked about a LEGO Halo type of game. Interest was never very big, but it was there (I don't remember if there were people staunchly against the idea, though).

I fail to see how a Mega Bloks Halo game is any more a milking of the franchise than the Spartan Mobile games, though. Both are attempts to expand the franchise to new audiences.
EDDS wrote:
EDDS wrote:

Dude look around you now. Look at how much support this game has gotten now that we know it existed at one point. This same support has always existed, just on a quieter level.

There has always been support for a Mega Bloks Halo game; I haven't seen a "What do you want to see for a Halo spin-off title?" thread without it being brought up. You've either never been on a Halo forum before, or are simply blind if you think no one's asked for this game.

I have no beef with the Spartan games, I never said I did. I simply said no one asked for them at all.
Looked fantastic, would certainly purchase it if it was made in to a full game.
I don't get why people are glad it got cancelled. This looks super cute and fun and great for kids. I think one of the things Xbox lacks is games for kids. Yes there are some but if you really want your kid to have some good kid games you mostly have to go to Nintendo. I think this would help Xbox out and help parents who want to get their kids a fun xbox game and get them into Halo when they are younger and move up to regular Halo or just play both. I would play both. I don't know what is wrong with enjoying both things.
this game preview is just awesome. And you are working on other projects ? I WANT TO SEE
I was skeptical at first as a game like this doesn't really appeal to me directly, and I'm only interested in projects that will directly move the story and canon of Halo forward. But I sat with that thought for a bit, and realized that was unbelievably selfish of me.

As for the game and storyline, the Haggar prototype was really polished for the demo stages that were shown.. it didn't look like a bad game. Maybe it could tell some sort of side story plot. But more importantly, I'm almost 30 now.. That means Halo has been with me for almost half of my entire life. I'm getting to the point in my life where I think about having children of my own. Why wouldn't I want to introduce and share the Halo experience with them after it's been such a large part of my life? I think this is actually a necessity to pass Halo on to the next generation. It's a way for the people who have grown up with Halo to share the experience, and possibly begin the same Halo passion we've had with another young person just beginning to grow up like we were 15 years ago.

I only want the best for Halo, and at some point that means being able to let go a little bit and give Halo the space it needs to bridge the gap between young, old, and all the division of interests in the community. Maybe that means instead of being such a strict and harsh critic of the Halo standards we've grown with, that we should rather embrace the new experiences and opportunities we will have to share with the next generations.

A large portion of the Halo community has been with the franchise as long as I have. I feel like I'm part of the first generation of Halo fans, and there has been a half-generation that has joined us in between then and now. We are the torchbearers of Halo; we are the foundation of the community. I feel like this franchise lives and dies with us. If we hold on too tightly, we strangle this universe we love and prevent it from breathing life into new fans. We need to lighten up a bit and not criticize and critique every little thing that Halo ever does or tries. At one time or another we've all been guilty of this. Let's try to give Halo the creative freedom it needs to reach out to people in new ways and show a little trust.

I know that's a frightening thought. Even I'm afraid of letting go just to find that I've been left behind and that Halo will turn into something I don't recognize anymore. But as a community I think we need to be able to hold ourselves accountable for the direction that we push and pull the future of Halo in. The bearers of the Halo franchise have always been good about listening to the community and trying to balance what we ask for with what they produce, whether it has been Bungie or 343, and I believe we have decidedly more influence then we happen to realize.

As a community, we are responsible for how we direct the franchise. It's still up to us to keep the producers of Halo honest and let them know when they get something absolutely right or when they truly miss the mark. They want our opinions so that they can create a better product, whether it's a game, gear, book, or movie. It's not that we should stop caring, but we should care less about our own self-interest. We need to carry the mantle sort-of-speak, and think about the greater good that paints the bigger picture for Halo's future. Let's work on reducing the in-fighting and negativity, and encourage a culture of support and positivity within the community.

I can't wait to see what spectacular future Halo has in store and how we can help build it. I'm honored to be part of this community, and I look forward to sharing the endless possibilities of new experiences with the next generation.
(even if they don't initially appeal to me)
I would of played it had the game been on the PC !

After all the concept for a Mega Blocks halo game looked cool !
This would have been great! My kids love the Lego games and they are very interested in Halo because I play it, now imagine if they could meld these two together. I know they would want to play this, heck I want to play it!!
Toa Freak wrote:
I'd love to see what other sorts of games and ideas you all at 343 have thrown around and even prototyped during your tenure with the franchise. Speaking specifically to the Mega Bloks (Mega Construx?) game, please make this a thing, perhaps even its own franchise! The LEGO games are tons of fun, and I'd love to see Halo get in on that. Hell, make it its own mini-franchise!

I know a lot of people would like a retelling of the original trilogy in Mega form, or perhaps a non-canon side adventure. Personally, I'd like the game to tell a story that's actually canon, but in that fun, LEGO-game manner. A series of side stories following Spartan-IV fireteams, perhaps even allowing player to customize their look. My two cents, anyway.
Well there was that one Project Titan back a few years ago but that was Bungie wasn't it? I want to know more about that.
This is a very dumb question but as I've never played a Mega Bloks or Lego game before, exactly what kind of age range would this be targeting?
This is a very dumb question but as I've never played a Mega Bloks or Lego game before, exactly what kind of age range would this be targeting?
Well i'm 18, still enjoy the lego games as of this day, possible 7+
What's not to lose, everyone I have heard from seem that it is a good idea, with it possible alienating the fans, they don't have to play it, and everyone should know by now that there are kids younger than 11 who play Halo - it's the squeakers, they give it away. I'm sure that are some AFOL/MBs here that would go insane if their favourite video game was combined with their favourite construction bricks.
Well i'm 18, still enjoy the lego games as of this day, possible 7+
I'm 32 and I'd still play this :P
Awesome to see this topic featured and acknowledged by 343. I saw the video posted about project Haggar and was very impressed by how far it got. It is a shame that it got cancelled, but man, the potential a game like this could have is just astounding.

What made me really enjoy Haggar was the snippets of comedy. I'm all for how dark and emotional halo stories are, but introducing more humorous scenes and more funny grunt dialogue could make things like this stand out. I'm sure a lot of old halo fans would love to introduce their younger Spartans to the world of halo. Besides, exposing a younger audience to halo would help generate sales for both Halo and Mega-Bloks figures in the future. Who doesn't like a win-win scenario?
Awesome to see this topic featured and acknowledged by 343. I saw the video posted about project Haggar and was very impressed by how far it got. It is a shame that it got cancelled, but man, the potential a game like this could have is just astounding.

What made me really enjoy Haggar was the snippets of comedy. I'm all for how dark and emotional halo stories are, but introducing more humorous scenes and more funny grunt dialogue could make things like this stand out. I'm sure a lot of old halo fans would love to introduce their younger Spartans to the world of halo. Besides, exposing a younger audience to halo would help generate sales for both Halo and Mega-Bloks figures in the future. Who doesn't like a win-win scenario?
I 100% agree with you NativeSheep, sadly the game was probably thought of upsetting the status quo of the halo franchise, dumbing it down towards a younger audience, which I'm guessing many teens and adults would have negatively rejected. However it seems here on the forums that it is the complete opposite, Halo imo needs to branch out, possibly an introduction of an open world game, otherwise it will take the same route as CoD. content gets too predictable, people loose interest and move on to other innovative games. Spartan Assault and Strike are different, but in a good way, it pleases the people who like the style of gameplay and is nice to play your favourite halo game but in a different way.
I've always been one of those people that was against the development of a Mega Bloks Halo game... But Damn!!! Haggar looks really really fun. It's a shame it was canceled.

I would love to see what other cancelled projects were being created, be they good or terrible.
Im also glad to see a quick and simple statement from 343i about the game! Good job dudes!
The footage looks amazing please reconsider working on it
As someone who grew up with CE, I feel that Halo should just stay the way it is and not try to adapt to a younger market too much to the point where it seems like nothing but a marketing ploy that distracts from other installments within the franchise. Its a nice concept but overall I just don't think it should be revisited.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7