Forums / Community / General Discussion

Any possibility for Halo OST on Vinyl?

OP Moda

So Halo 5 is the only Halo game released that currently has a Vinyl soundtrack released for it. Im not sure if its legalities over the music licenses or what not but a collection of Halo 1,2,3 on Vinyl would sell like hot cakes and I would very much like them over the CD's. Anyone have any insight into this process?
The chances of this happening are very slim. Music is usually listened to digitally now too, more so than CDs. I for one listen to the Halo soundtracks on Spotify, very easy access too.
Halo 4 had a Vinyl release and I believe that Halo 2 Anniversary also had one
stckrboy wrote:
If it is true that Halo 2 Anniversary had one, I need to get my hands on it ASAP.
The chances of this happening are very slim. Music is usually listened to digitally now too, more so than CDs. I for one listen to the Halo soundtracks on Spotify, very easy access too.
While I also do almost all of my listening to music exclusively on Spotify, I still buy vinyls for the novelty. Vinyls are cool collectors items, imo, and I would be stoked if they did release a collection of Halo tapes on vinyl.
stckrboy wrote:
If it is true that Halo 2 Anniversary had one, I need to get my hands on it ASAP.
https://www.amazon.com/Martin-ODonnell-Michael-Salvatori-Anniversary/dp/B00QFLDQEU/ref=sr_1_2?crid=WJLG9JEK70SD&keywords=halo+2+anniversary+vinyl&qid=1562339352&s=gateway&sprefix=halo+2+ann%2Caps%2C222&sr=8-2https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Halo-2-Anniversary-S-T-VINYL/dp/B00OKF3L66/ref=tmm_vnl_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1562339317&sr=8-1Might have some trouble tracking down a copy, but there will be some out there. Worth checking some local music shops now and again
If your looking for yourself and not to sell, and you can't find them online. You might be able to have it made, many places can do it for you. Might cost a bit, but at this point, the people who have them probably aren't willing to let them go, because they're collecting halo swag.