OP Solar Soulfire

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
Honestly yeah. It’s worth it to buy one. The amount of upgrades it has and the overall look of it is nice. I’d say I’m definitely willing to drop a large sum of money on it. I imagine controller customization will be neat too. However someone people just want to go off of the system alone. Hopefully it doesn’t disappoint with all the hype it’s getting. I’ve seen a lot of controversy about which system is better, Xbox or PS. I like the futuristic look of Xbox but I feel like the other next gen system just won’t be able to compete with the upgrades Xbox has in store.
Simply put, yes. I may even get a nice desktop PC to complete the experience. I think Halo Infinite will be the last game I get for myself. No telling how much I play it.

I just realized I made the mistake of pre-ordering a game for Xbox One that releases on September 17. I should have just waited to see if it releases on the new gen..... :/
Originally i myself was 100% planning on preordering one especially if a Halo infinite one was launched. however now that i spent more time on My PC and pc gaming....even moreso now the HMCC is on PC. i kinda think its a waste. they keyboard and mouse + hardware is by far superior. Plus i haven't turned my X1X or PS4 on in a long time now....sad bc my switch sees more use , still highly unused.

so im kinda thinking im definitely done with preorder but also may altogether be done with console stuff.
Personally, I hope to get a Series-X at some point, though I already own a gaming PC as well - that's the nice thing about "having the choice" now, isn't it, especially when it comes to Halo games? But about "hardware is far superior", see below.
...PC hardware runs better. If you don't mind building your own pc pc you have the money, I'd go that route if you want performance peak for infinite, if you can't then I guess the series x is better suited for that.
Much has been made of "TFLOPS". TFLOPS (number of trillions of maths calculations per second) is a measure of what class a graphics chip is in, which is related to framerates, resolution and graphics quality. In the past:

1-2 TFLOPS: most Gaming PC's for up to 1080p at up to 60fps on an average of Medium Graphics Quality, incl. XBox One and PS4.
3-4+ TFLOPS: Many Game Developers and "Enthusiast Gamers", all games at 1080/60fps or higher on High if not Ultra quality graphics (and PS4 Pro).
5-7+ TFLOPS: Game Developers and "Super-Enthusiast Gamers", up to 4K at 30+fps (and XB1-X).

Later, there came:

8-10 TFLOPS: Super-Enthusiast, top-end 4K/50fps on High machines, and Game Developers.
10-13.5 TFLOPS: last 18 months, $700-$1150 for Super-Enthusiast gamers and Game Devs.
16+ TFLOPS: The top card for Developers being the $2,500 Titan RTX.

So, now, being in the 10-13 TFLOPS class, both the Series-X and PS5 are currently both in the top tier (but later this year, just before the new consoles release, we'll have to see how powerful AMD's new RDNA2 and NVidia's new Ampere cards for PC are, and at what prices).

SERIES-X & PS5 ON THE UL BENCHMARKS RANKINGS FOR BEST GRAPHICS CARDS.

Desktop Gaming PC Best Graphics Cards on UL Benchmarks ought to find the Series-X and PS5 currently fitting in like this* :

(1st) RTX 2080 Ti: 13.5 TFLOPS + 11 GB at 616 GB/s ($1000+).
(2nd) XBox Series-X: 12.2 TFLOPS + 10 GB at 560 GB/s (<$500?).
(3rd) RTX 2080 SUPER**: 11.2 TFLOPS + 8 GB at 495 GB/s ($689).
(4rd) PlayStation 5: 10.3 TFLOPS + (8-10 GB out of 16GB shared) at 448 GB/s (<$500?).
(5th) RTX 2080: 10.1 TFLOPS + 8 GB at 448 GB/s (was ~$700, not sold since SUPER came out).

So, Series-X and PS5 are both "Top 5 graphics power" specs with not that much difference between them, though on graphics chip specs alone, the Series-X would technically rank second.

By comparison, on that chart the original PS4 would be that 130th place R7 265, and the original XB1 would be somewhere between that 131st place R7 360 and the 143rd place GTX 650 Ti Boost. The One X would be between then 67th place RX 480 up to the 63rd place RX 580, but really needs at least that 42nd place GTX 1070 to compete at 4K.

* Ignoring the 1st place $2,500 Developer's card Titan RTX at 16 TFLOPS, and the 3rd-5th place Quadro and Titan-V cards which are even more expensive Industry or Server cards at $3,000 to $5,500 having 16+ TFLOPS with 48 GB of memory etc.).

** An RTX 2080 SUPER would need to run on Turbo speed or be overclocked and stably hold 2072 MHz to run at 12.2 TFLOPS like the Series-X, but is then still limited on memory amount and bandwidth.

SERIES-X BEATS 99% OF CURRENT GAMING PC'S ON STEAM HARDWARE SURVEY.

As of May 2020, only 2.25% of gamers on the Steam Hardware Survey have an RTX 2080, SUPER or Ti version (under 1% have that 2080 Ti), so the sheer graphics power of PS5 beats nearly 98% of all gaming PC's on Steam's Hardware Survey, and Series-X virtually 99%.

Meanwhile, no Gaming PC yet has anything like the cutting-edge PS5 SSD or Series-X Velocity Architecture SSD for super-fast loading speeds, as NVMe SSD's of that speed aren't available yet, and neither is the DX12-Ultimate related Direct-Storage software used by Velocity Architecture.

COST OF BUILDING YOUR OWN SERIES-X CLASS GAMING PC.

Depending on what graphics card you used, it would cost at least $1500 to $2000+ to build a Gaming PC in the same class as PS5 or Xbox Series-X, as it would cost $1100 just to buy the 2080 SUPER graphics card with a Ryzen 7 3700X processor plus a 1TB WD Blue SN 550 NVMe SSD. But now add in a motherboard, system memory, 4K Blue Ray Player, case, fans, power supply, HDMI 2.1 cable and an XBox Controller, and a licence for Windows 10 as well, and the package will be complete - hence, easily over $2000 for one with a 2080 Ti!

CONCLUSION.

"Um, what was that comment about 'Consoles are underpowered'? Maybe in the past, but not for Next-Gen they're not!".

So, the Series-X isn't just "the most powerful console ever made", at launch it will be one of the most powerful gaming machines in the world, and for an incredibly cheap price (expected under $500).
Geoffyz wrote:
I just realized I made the mistake of pre-ordering a game for Xbox One that releases on September 17. I should have just waited to see if it releases on the new gen..... :/
All titles that already run on XB1 or are launching this year are fully Backwards/Forwards Compatible with Series-X, so you only have to buy the game once, and it'll play on XB1, One S, One-X and the new Series-X: "Games play even better: Through the revolutionary new Xbox Velocity Architecture, thousands of games on Xbox One, including Xbox 360 and original Xbox Games, will experience improvements in performance, including improved boot and load times, more stable frame rates, higher resolutions and improved quality on Xbox Series X." See Velocity Architecture here:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/xbox-series-x?xr=shellnav .

Smart Delivery: like "Enhanced for One X" games when the One-X launched, some games being made right now are also getting "Optimised for Series-X", which means visual & performance upgrades for the new console. Just like "Enhanced for One-X" games, Smart Delivery automatically downloads the right version of the game from the Store for the console you want to play it on (whether original XB1, One S, One X or the new Series-X). Simply look for the "Optimised for Series-X" and "Smart Delivery" logo on any games you buy. See "Smart Delivery" here:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/optimized .

Though not a new game, even Gears Of War 5 is getting "Optimised for Series-X", starting with PC Ultra settings at 4K/60fps campaign with added Global Illumination (post-process Ray-Tracing) and other improvements, and aiming to get the multiplayer to 120fps. See:

https://youtu.be/oNZibJazWTo?t=520 .

Hope this helps. :-)
Senior4337 wrote:
Not really a point on getting it when Halo Infinite is also coming to the PC, i am more use to playing FPS games with mouse and keyboard.
i dunno about that one bro... i dont think that was ever confirmed
Yes, Infinite on Windows 10 PC is confirmed. It'll certainly be in the Microsoft Store, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's on Steam as well - see:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-infinite .
I think XSX looks pretty attractive so far, not to mention I'm still on 360 (wasn't satisfied with the XB1 platform, both the console itself and its exclusive titles), but I'm not sure if I want it for Infinite's sake. After all the game's coming to PC, and my rig's pretty new and decent. I'd prefer to wait until the game's release and check up how it plays on each platform from sources like Digital Foundry.

I also have a few concerns regarding Xbox's future as well:
1.Top 3A titles this gen are alreading going 150GB+ with no signs of reverse, but SSD capacities are not keeping up with that pace, especially those high-end drives XSX's gonna use. 1TB will almost certainly run out very soon; anything more than that, on the other hand, is going to cost a lot, at least in the immediate future of XSX's debut. Aside from cost, another downside are SSD's limited lifespans: they gradually wear down as data is written into it. For PCs this is generally fine, for it will take years of everyday usage to deplete that lifespan, and even in case it fails, since you're playing 3A games your rig's SSD is probably easy to replace. But XSX uses custom proprietary drives, so serviceablity will depend on how long MS keeps them in production. Considering how abnormally large modern games are compared with "regular" software, plus how heavily MS is promoting XGP, this issue could get worsened by users frequently downloading those new (and massive) games amd deleting old (also massive) games to make space. It'll be interesting to see how MS battles this.

2. Sure XSX will support 4K@120Hz but that's simply due to the new HDMI 2.1 standard. As a 3A example Ubisoft has only promised that AC Vahalla will run at a mininum of 4K30fps, so at least MS is not mandating 4K60 or above as many had hopes for. Then there's raytracing support, which will futher drag framerates. I doubt Infinite, along with other 1st party launch titles (with a job to demo XSX's new features), will run "smoother" on XSX than H5 and MCC does on X1X without dropping it entirely. In fact if it does come with substansial raytracing I doubt if it can even reach 4K60 at all. Granted, my PC probably won't either, but at least I should be able to tweak the settings, which the Xbox version likely can't.

3. If console sells too expensive then I obviously won't buy it, but considering how expensive the parts are, if they sell around 500USD they will no doubt lose tons of money for selling the hardware. This, plus that ridiculously cheap XGP service, will cost MS greatly. How will they recover this loss? If this leads to sucking money via methods like microtransactions, then I'll probably not invest into Xbox at all.

So no I won't buy it upon launch, but wait and watch how things develop. Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about next gen consoles. It's just those technical and financial concerns, plus the hard times going on right now, makes me more careful about spending money.
I don’t have a pc so yes I’m buying series x
I'll get one, but no right away, i Will prob. Wait a couple of months, for the time Xbox one is fine for me
Considering Halo Infinite will be on Xbox One as well, i'll just get it for that system. I'll buy an Xbox Series X unless a Halo game is exclusively for the new platform.
I have FINALLY got a competent PC that can most likely run infinite with a few small upgrades...so the answer is yes 😂

No matter how much i lovc the fact that Halo is on PC, it wouldnt feel right playing through the first time on anything other than an Xbox. Sure i could probably cheap out and play it on the xbox one but im not that financially responsable lmao let me have my excuse
Originally i myself was 100% planning on preordering one especially if a Halo infinite one was launched. however now that i spent more time on My PC and pc gaming....even moreso now the HMCC is on PC. i kinda think its a waste. they keyboard and mouse + hardware is by far superior. Plus i haven't turned my X1X or PS4 on in a long time now....sad bc my switch sees more use , still highly unused.

so im kinda thinking im definitely done with preorder but also may altogether be done with console stuff.
Personally, I hope to get a Series-X at some point, though I already own a gaming PC as well - that's the nice thing about "having the choice" now, isn't it, especially when it comes to Halo games? But about "hardware is far superior", see below.
...PC hardware runs better. If you don't mind building your own pc pc you have the money, I'd go that route if you want performance peak for infinite, if you can't then I guess the series x is better suited for that.
Much has been made of "TFLOPS". TFLOPS (number of trillions of maths calculations per second) is a measure of what class a graphics chip is in, which is related to framerates, resolution and graphics quality. In the past:

1-2 TFLOPS: most Gaming PC's for up to 1080p at up to 60fps on an average of Medium Graphics Quality, incl. XBox One and PS4.
3-4+ TFLOPS: Many Game Developers and "Enthusiast Gamers", all games at 1080/60fps or higher on High if not Ultra quality graphics (and PS4 Pro).
5-7+ TFLOPS: Game Developers and "Super-Enthusiast Gamers", up to 4K at 30+fps (and XB1-X).

Later, there came:

8-10 TFLOPS: Super-Enthusiast, top-end 4K/50fps on High machines, and Game Developers.
10-13.5 TFLOPS: last 18 months, $700-$1150 for Super-Enthusiast gamers and Game Devs.
16+ TFLOPS: The top card for Developers being the $2,500 Titan RTX.

So, now, being in the 10-13 TFLOPS class, both the Series-X and PS5 are currently both in the top tier (but later this year, just before the new consoles release, we'll have to see how powerful AMD's new RDNA2 and NVidia's new Ampere cards for PC are, and at what prices).

SERIES-X & PS5 ON THE UL BENCHMARKS RANKINGS FOR BEST GRAPHICS CARDS.

Desktop Gaming PC Best Graphics Cards on UL Benchmarks ought to find the Series-X and PS5 currently fitting in like this* :

(1st) RTX 2080 Ti: 13.5 TFLOPS + 11 GB at 616 GB/s ($1000+).
(2nd) XBox Series-X: 12.2 TFLOPS + 10 GB at 560 GB/s (<$500?).
(3rd) RTX 2080 SUPER**: 11.2 TFLOPS + 8 GB at 495 GB/s ($689).
(4rd) PlayStation 5: 10.3 TFLOPS + (8-10 GB out of 16GB shared) at 448 GB/s (<$500?).
(5th) RTX 2080: 10.1 TFLOPS + 8 GB at 448 GB/s (was ~$700, not sold since SUPER came out).

So, Series-X and PS5 are both "Top 5 graphics power" specs with not that much difference between them, though on graphics chip specs alone, the Series-X would technically rank second.

By comparison, on that chart the original PS4 would be that 130th place R7 265, and the original XB1 would be somewhere between that 131st place R7 360 and the 143rd place GTX 650 Ti Boost. The One X would be between then 67th place RX 480 up to the 63rd place RX 580, but really needs at least that 42nd place GTX 1070 to compete at 4K.

* Ignoring the 1st place $2,500 Developer's card Titan RTX at 16 TFLOPS, and the 3rd-5th place Quadro and Titan-V cards which are even more expensive Industry or Server cards at $3,000 to $5,500 having 16+ TFLOPS with 48 GB of memory etc.).

** An RTX 2080 SUPER would need to run on Turbo speed or be overclocked and stably hold 2072 MHz to run at 12.2 TFLOPS like the Series-X, but is then still limited on memory amount and bandwidth.

SERIES-X BEATS 99% OF CURRENT GAMING PC'S ON STEAM HARDWARE SURVEY.

As of May 2020, only 2.25% of gamers on the Steam Hardware Survey have an RTX 2080, SUPER or Ti version (under 1% have that 2080 Ti), so the sheer graphics power of PS5 beats nearly 98% of all gaming PC's on Steam's Hardware Survey, and Series-X virtually 99%.

Meanwhile, no Gaming PC yet has anything like the cutting-edge PS5 SSD or Series-X Velocity Architecture SSD for super-fast loading speeds, as NVMe SSD's of that speed aren't available yet, and neither is the DX12-Ultimate related Direct-Storage software used by Velocity Architecture.

COST OF BUILDING YOUR OWN SERIES-X CLASS GAMING PC.

Depending on what graphics card you used, it would cost at least $1500 to $2000+ to build a Gaming PC in the same class as PS5 or Xbox Series-X, as it would cost $1100 just to buy the 2080 SUPER graphics card with a Ryzen 7 3700X processor plus a 1TB WD Blue SN 550 NVMe SSD. But now add in a motherboard, system memory, 4K Blue Ray Player, case, fans, power supply, HDMI 2.1 cable and an XBox Controller, and a licence for Windows 10 as well, and the package will be complete - hence, easily over $2000 for one with a 2080 Ti!

CONCLUSION.

"Um, what was that comment about 'Consoles are underpowered'? Maybe in the past, but not for Next-Gen they're not!".

So, the Series-X isn't just "the most powerful console ever made", at launch it will be one of the most powerful gaming machines in the world, and for an incredibly cheap price (expected under $500).
i dunno man they promised a lot with the last gen of consoles too and didnt deliver. Just bc a system is theoretically capable of X doesnt mean devs will render their games to max out the system

I sold out my Xbox one X for playing Halo on PC
Halo is not only Exclusive for Xbox, now for PC and Xbox
I might get it, depending on a few factors. My PC is running Windows 8, and is quite underpowered, so it can’t run something like Halo well. This means that my main device is my Xbox. Since I will be able to get Infinite on my Xbox One S, I don’t see the point of buying the Series X immediately. If there’s a big difference between playing on the Series X and Xbox One, I might consider buying a Series X more early, but other than that, I think I’ll just wait a couple months to a year and get the Series X when the price drops a bit.
I have a fat stack of gift cards set aside specifically for the Series X and a potential Halo Infinite special or launch edition.
Geoffyz wrote:
All titles that already run on XB1 or are launching this year are fully Backwards/Forwards Compatible with Series-X, so you only have to buy the game once, and it'll play on XB1, One S, One-X and the new Series-X: "Games play even better: Through the revolutionary new Xbox Velocity Architecture, thousands of games on Xbox One, including Xbox 360 and original Xbox Games, will experience improvements in performance, including improved boot and load times, more stable frame rates, higher resolutions and improved quality on Xbox Series X." See Velocity Architecture here:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/xbox-series-x?xr=shellnav .

Smart Delivery: like "Enhanced for One X" games when the One-X launched, some games being made right now are also getting "Optimised for Series-X", which means visual & performance upgrades for the new console. Just like "Enhanced for One-X" games, Smart Delivery automatically downloads the right version of the game from the Store for the console you want to play it on (whether original XB1, One S, One X or the new Series-X). Simply look for the "Optimised for Series-X" and "Smart Delivery" logo on any games you buy. See "Smart Delivery" here:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/optimized .

Though not a new game, even Gears Of War 5 is getting "Optimised for Series-X", starting with PC Ultra settings at 4K/60fps campaign with added Global Illumination (post-process Ray-Tracing) and other improvements, and aiming to get the multiplayer to 120fps. See:

https://youtu.be/oNZibJazWTo?t=520 .

Hope this helps. :-)
Hey, thanks. Really appreciate that you linked these articles/posts. Don't usually see that on here. Also glad to know I didn't waste any money.
When I saw the first announcement of the xbox I was wondering what is there that it is such a form, well, you remember the jokes, memas about the refrigerator )) so after studying the characteristics, and watching a couple of videos about the x series, I'm thinking of taking it! I don't know about you, but the refrigerator design came to me ,water cooling, I want this miracle to myself !
Definitely liking the look of the Series X system. For sure gonna get like three or four. One for each TV :)
Purrkeet wrote:
Definitely liking the look of the Series X system. For sure gonna get like three or four. One for each TV :)
rich guy over here
Yeah, I've stuck with my Xbox one since 2014 so it'll be nice to have something new plus I really want to play Infinite
I would say there is a few factors.

1. If the new halo comes out on PC around the same time then No.
2. If there is a Halo console edition on launch then yes.
3. If the console is 499 or lower for some reason then yes.
4. If Im limited on PC in the new halo game like 5 then yes

Basically If its cheap or if halo is better on in then yeah LOL
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7