Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Are we getting too much influenced by Youtubers?

OP RedMangabey

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
I did not have an opinion on The Month of Mythic, since I watched some Halo youtubers and heard their opinions.
And I think I am not the only one who does that, this week, for example I have seen a lot of people linking videos of Halo youtubers as a base reference for their opinions.

My question is: are we getting too much influenced by Halo youtubers? Are we giving them too much power?
What I mean is that they reflect some of the community opinions, which is great in some extent, but I have seen on the comment section in their videos things like "agreed 100%, 343 is killing halo" or "Halo 5 is bad in all aspects" or even "let's flame waypoint now!", and that is what bothers me so much. People just agree with them without criticizing when they are just hating, when they say the Storm Rifle is bad because it do not seems to fire plasma shots (which it isn't true) or Halo 5 is bad because it hasn't blood anymore or "people left Halo 5 because it doesn't appeal to a military shooter audience anymore".

This kind of argument is creating too much radical opinions here on Halo Waypoint and I think it is bad. We should just analyse criticaly when they are talking things that makes sense and when they aren't.

And you, what you think about this?

*please, apology my grammar errors...
A you tubers views is irrelevant to my own. Most simply link them due to their names and try to use that as credibility for their "opinions". I see names like LNG, LTN, Favyn, ect ect but in the end they're just another opinion who use a lot of speculation.

as for this req fiasco going on, I'd actually agree with most people on it. It's getting to where 343 need to stop, or else be ready for h6 having this on launch day.
I did not have an opinion on The Month of Mythic, since I watched some Halo youtubers and heard their opinions.
And I think I am not the only one who does that, this week, for example I have seen a lot of people linking videos of Halo youtubers as a base reference for their opinions.

My question is: are we getting too much influenced by Halo youtubers? Are we giving them too much power?
What I mean is that they reflect some of the community opinions, which is great in some extent, but I have seen on the comment section in their videos things like "agreed 100%, 343 is killing halo" or "Halo 5 is bad in all aspects" or even "let's flame waypoint now!", and that is what bothers me so much. People just agree with them without criticizing when they are just hating, when they say the Storm Rifle is bad because it do not seems to fire plasma shots (which it isn't true) or Halo 5 is bad because it hasn't blood anymore or "people left Halo 5 because it doesn't appeal to a military shooter audience anymore".

This kind of argument is creating too much radical opinions here on Halo Waypoint and I think it is bad. We should just analyse criticaly when they are talking things that makes sense and when they aren't.

And you, what you think about this?

*please, apology my grammar errors...
I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people don't think for themselves. I ask for evidence or an argument and I get linked to a video. For some reason I fail to grasp some people on the forums treat these guys as authorities.
Totally agree I hate a lot of the Halo youtubers because they will just bash a game they "love". And don't even get me started on latenightgaming.
A you tubers views is irrelevant to my own. Most simply link them due to their names and try to use that as credibility for their "opinions". I see names like LNG, LTN, Favyn, ect ect but in the end they're just another opinion who use a lot of speculation.

as for this req fiasco going on, I'd actually agree with most people on it. It's getting to where 343 need to stop, or else be ready for h6 having this on launch day.
Exactly, it is just one opinion. Why we give them so much credibility like that?
I don't watch any of the youtubers, and I still scoffed at the whole month of mythic thing.
I more or less don't like youtubers in general tbh. If it's true that people link to them to back up their arguments then obviously that's weak but maybe they're simply being lazy and saying "look at this, this is exactly what I would say if I could be bothered."

We live in a narcissistic world and a lot of people are stupid so nothing surprises me that much.
I don't watch any of the youtubers, and I still scoffed at the whole month of mythic thing.
Same.
What's month of mythic?

Your name made me chuckle
There is nothing wrong with there opinions, in fact congratulations to them for having the guts to speak there feelings and rally those who feel there cause.
Heronimon wrote:
What's month of mythic?

The latest hot topic.

The whole deal with the Prophet's Bane pack, apparently it's going to be a month long thing with different mythics available for purchase.
Heronimon wrote:
What's month of mythic?

The latest hot topic.

The whole deal with the Prophet's Bane pack, apparently it's going to be a month long thing with different mythics available for purchase.
Hot juicy topic you mean haha.

Oh okay. Sounds like a complete waste of their time and anyone-foolish-enough's money.
sniper945 wrote:
There is nothing wrong with there opinions, in fact congratulations to them for having the guts to speak there feelings and rally those who feel there cause.
My problem with them is they are becoming the last word of a discussion, but it is just an opinion like every other else.
alot of the community does that meanwhile I'm just sitting here shaking my head. :/
sniper945 wrote:
My problem with them is they are becoming the last word of a discussion, but it is just an opinion like every other else.
The reson they feel like the last word is because they know what people want, thus they appeal to the masses and rally an army to there cause.

The real question is, is that army a bunch of sheep, or people who choose to be there because it's the right thing to do?
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
The reson they feel like the last word is because they know what people want, thus they appeal to the masses and rally an army to there cause.

The real question is, is that army a bunch of sheep, or people who choose to be there because it's the right thing to do?
I want to say that about half are sheep and the rest actually are there because they truly agree.
The only halo youtuber that I share opinions with is The Act Man. I don't like month of mythic, that's plain and simple. I don't agree with him on some things though l, and that's perfectly fine. I like most of halo 5, but there are some things that really bug me.
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:

I want to say that about half are sheep and the rest actually are there because they truly agree.
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare hate is mostly composed by hate train sheeps.
The only halo youtuber that I share opinions with is The Act Man. I don't like month of mythic, that's plain and simple. I don't agree with him on some things though l, and that's perfectly fine. I like most of halo 5, but there are some things that really bug me.
I'm with you, I agree and disagee with them when it is needed. I do not like Month of Mythic either, and I realised this watching videos about the topic.
I generally don't watch halo youtubers (except the ytbers that do news updates like chief canuck, halofollwer, or even the act man) But this whole month of mythic is kinda stupid, I mean its not like you can use any of them for eternity, at least the arena bundle at least gave you armors visors and even boosts, Wz bundle gave you just a lot of reqs which is pretty nice when you're running low on wasps and other things. Sure it gives you the cert but you won't get a mythic in every pack.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13