Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Are we getting too much influenced by Youtubers?

OP RedMangabey

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
There are dome YouTube, namely The Act Man, with whom I do pretty much agree 100%, while there are others with whom I do not. The thing is, I already felt those things said by The Act Man long before I even heard of him, and his videos did nothing to change my opinions of 343i and Halo 5. To me, it's just nice to see somebody who shares my point of view be able to put some serious thought and analysis behind that point of view and share it with the masses.
I personally believe its for credibility purpose one person stating their facts can be easily argued with, yet a youtuber with several thousand subs makes their opinion higher since people see ohh this guy has 10000 people who watch him he has more credibility. Its all a mental thing and the more people who supports a single person the more credible that person is.
I personally believe its for credibility purpose one person stating their facts can be easily argued with, yet a youtuber with several thousand subs makes their opinion higher since people see ohh this guy has 10000 people who watch him he has more credibility. Its all a mental thing and the more people who supports a single person the more credible that person is.
Pretty much.
Influenced, no. But I do support those who share my opinions. People like The Act Man, Fayvn, Roniboney, etc.
Hotrod192 wrote:
There are dome YouTube, namely The Act Man, with whom I do pretty much agree 100%, while there are others with whom I do not. The thing is, I already felt those things said by The Act Man long before I even heard of him, and his videos did nothing to change my opinions of 343i and Halo 5. To me, it's just nice to see somebody who shares my point of view be able to put some serious thought and analysis behind that point of view and share it with the masses.
The funny thing is The act man has the same opinion as you, not you have the same opinion as The act man. See the difference?
Youtubers were bashed for not criticizing Halo when it needed to be, now they are criticizing and apparently they are in the wrong.
My problem with You Tubers isn't the content so much its their clickbaty -Yoink- titles they put on their videos "WTF 343 ANTICHRIST LUMINATY CONFIRMED !!!!!". I can just feel my brain cells committing seppuku on the spot whenever I read a title like that.

The content is also an issue, a lot of you tubers come across as rabid idiots who seem to have done little to no research and are just reacting to a statement. That in turn causes the comments section to turn into a stew of super cancer.

There are a few exceptions tho.

A You Tuber I greatly respect is B Dobbins. I don't agree with a lot of his points but I do enjoy hearing his opinion.

At first I thought he was more of the same, he comes across aggressively and seems a little arrogant. But even though I probably wouldn't like him if I met him, he presents his case very well and has obviously taken time and care to actually produce the video instead of just vomiting verbal faeces.
Youtubers were bashed for not criticizing Halo when it needed to be, now they are criticizing and apparently they are in the wrong.
I don't see that actually. It really just depends on the you tuber. AJ didn't go easy on it, far as I know Favyn hasn't gone easy on it, there's also a few others whom say it didn't do well when it launched. I'll also add, if "I" were a YouTuber, I'm not going to let my audience dictate what I show or what my stance should be. You do what you do, and people either support it or they don't.
They aren't wrong on doing it. If 343 is giving attention to the real problems Halo is facing right now, we are fine. I just don't like they becoming an argument of authority.
I dont really think many people get influenced by youtubers, I'm sure most people already made there mind up before any of these guys popped up.

I believe many people link their videos because they don't know how to articulate their thoughts into words as well as some of these youtubers can, so they just link you to a video of someone who can do that effectively. Plus for whatever reason people are prone to acknowledge audio rather than writing, another reason to link youtube clips.
Although I will admit there are some people that blindly follow youtubers just because of sub counts, however I'm sure most don't do it for that reason.
Halofollower has influenced me to hate halofollower with a passion, soooo yes?
They aren't wrong on doing it. If 343 is giving attention to the real problems Halo is facing right now, we are fine. I just don't like they becoming an argument of authority.
I understand where you are coming from and I wouldn't like a channel like Halo Follower for instance having to much authority but for the most part some of the Youtubers are correct on many issues.

The fact that we can just ignore there opinion or assume they re immediately wrong because they are Halo Youtubers isn't a heathy thing for the community especially since each of them are a large voice that 343 obviously pay attention to.

As long as they point out both the flaws and constructive solutions to Halos problems then there voices should be heard.
Yeah there are a bunch of pleabs in the Halo community as a whole that hate because it's the popular thing to do. Develop your own opinions people. H5 is a great game with its own style of gameplay compared to other shooters... If other shooters are highly vertical in movement, H5 is much more lateral and grounded, for example.

Idk guys, just enjoy the game... I have a lot of fun with it. It's the most fun I've had with Halo in years, and by some of the complaints around here and on other forums, it's like I'm not even playing the same game as some of you people.
Yeah there are a bunch of pleabs in the Halo community as a whole that hate because it's the popular thing to do. Develop your own opinions people. H5 is a great game with its own style of gameplay compared to other shooters... If other shooters are highly vertical in movement, H5 is much more lateral and grounded, for example.

Idk guys, just enjoy the game... I have a lot of fun with it. It's the most fun I've had with Halo in years, and by some of the complaints around here and on other forums, it's like I'm not even playing the same game as some of you people.
Guess what?
I have my own opinion, and I don't like it.
Sorry I don't have the same opinion as you.
Clearly you aren't, when you claim that H5G has "its own style of gameplay compared to other shooters" with a straight face...
well this is just me other people could be different when it comes to halo YTs but if I bring up Halo YT like lets say the act man its because I agree with him we have the same opinion and his video or LNG explains it for me so I don't have to write a full page to explain it to other people who don't understand whys its not good or use it in an argument sake.

Guess what?
Ok cool... so don't play the game or spread negativity.

Guess what?
Ok cool... so don't play the game or spread negativity.
haha...
Celestis wrote:

Clearly you aren't, when you claim that H5G has "its own style of gameplay compared to other shooters" with a straigh face...
Honestly, you're sounding pretty ignorant right now... describe to me HOW does it not?
Yeah, some YouTubers are part of the problem. Oh well.

I have the ability to formulate my own opinions, so, I don't watch much other than competitive gameplay. Some BBK Dragoon and LTN here and there for those gameplay dissections.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13