Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Are we getting too much influenced by Youtubers?

OP RedMangabey

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 13
I completely agree. While their opinions aren't bad, many people seem to always agree. A friend of mine went from liking Halo 5 to despising the game after watching 1 Act Man video. I'm positive sprint wouldn't be so debated if it weren't for some youtubers. I even think REQs may have been accepted if it weren't for youtubers like Favyn. While I agree with many of these youtubers, it's clear that some people mindlessly think anyone with different opinions are wrong.
They probably influence some people, and others want to add credibly to their arguments by siting famous youtubers, same as with mainstream media.
HYv47 wrote:
I really dont watch Halo YouTubers. But i do watch Halofollower for news, lore vids, and more. And about the whole month of mythic, I think it is stupid. And no Youtuber told me that.
If you want lore then go watch Halo Canon and HiddenXperia they are 100x better then halo follower.
I don't think so. People on Youtube are just giving their opinions on what most people already know. The difference is they can give their opinions in bulk, it's on a visual platform, and they can get to a bigger and more varied audience instead of writing out their opinions on a site like this for example. The comment section is no different than people on here that would agree with those opinions except they can be more toxic on Youtube.

That being said, I hardly watch Youtubers and I still form similar opinions to them so it just makes my opinion stronger that it's what 343's doing and not some misinformed judgements.
I am very happy that this and a number of other forums are taking a stand against the "true fans" that keep hating on everything related to the Reclaimer Saga. Those guys think they are right about everything, but are just spewing mindless arguments that are fragmenting the Halo community. They truly believe they're on some sort of noble crusade to "save" Halo, but they're coming closer to destroying it.
Oh Really ? So far the arguements of that I have heard have been much more logical from gameplay and gamedesign aspects than the "Sprint makes the game faster", and "Halo has to Evolve", "Go Back To MCC" cards.

Im not saying I am hating those people for that they have a different opinion than me. They have right to do so, but I'd like some arguement how and why they make the gameplay and game design aspects better in Halo.

But hey meaby im just a nostalgic blind 343I hater who wants Bungie back and Carbon copy of Halo 3.
they are pure talk like trump ( most of them )
Ctrl+F'ed Legundo

=[
Not all of them. The Act Man and Favyn are pretty good and use evidence to support their claims. Also, instead of blindly hating on 343, they offer suggestions on what they can do better.
>Says we should not listen to YouTubers with opinions and facts who disagree with 343
>Is perfect okay communicating with people on the forums with opinions, YouTubers that support 343i, and 343i themselves.
Go away with your hypocrisy...

The thing about the YouTubers who criticize 343i is they are literally criticizing 343i. I don't think you know what constructive criticism is, it is not hating for the sake of hating, it is pointing out the strengths and/or flaws and how to keep improving.

Sometimes they already do a great job wording things.
Sometimes you do not want to type a wall of text (most people do not want to read a novel here).
Maybe they bring up great new points not many people bring up and you want to share their video as a way of crediting them for it.
What they are saying might sometime require some video to show what they are talking about.
Other times they have entertaining imagery or way of explaining it that cannot be translated into text.
>Says we should not listen to YouTubers with opinions and facts who disagree with 343
>Is perfect okay communicating with people on the forums with opinions, YouTubers that support 343i, and 343i themselves.
Go away with your hypocrisy...

The thing about the YouTubers who criticize 343i is they are literally criticizing 343i. I don't think you know what constructive criticism is, it is not hating for the sake of hating, it is pointing out the strengths and/or flaws and how to keep improving.

Sometimes they already do a great job wording things.
Sometimes you do not want to type a wall of text (most people do not want to read a novel here).
Maybe they bring up great new points not many people bring up and you want to share their video as a way of crediting them for it.
What they are saying might sometime require some video to show what they are talking about.
Other times they have entertaining imagery or way of explaining it that cannot be translated into text.
I wouldn't say he's hypocritical. He's just worried that people aren't forming their own opinions and are just blindly repeating what Youtubers are saying. I don't necessarily agree with him, though. Sure, there are some people like that, but most on the forums can support their own claims without referencing a youtube video.
Just don't take seriouslly the opinion of youtubers, your own opinnion is the one that counts
Not all of them. The Act Man and Favyn are pretty good and use evidence to support their claims. Also, instead of blindly hating on 343, they offer suggestions on what they can do better.
I haven't check them.

I will change my all of them for Halo Follower, I like his videos but there is this one were he talks about the pay to win and it sound like trump " this will break halo, believe me " with out actually giving facts just "I know it I 've seen it "
I haven't check them.

I will change my all of them for Halo Follower, I like his videos but there is this one were he talks about the pay to win and it sound like trump " this will break halo, believe me " with out actually giving facts just "I know it I 've seen it "
I'm slowly losing respect for Halo Follower. The whole situation with Chris stealing money and the fact that he is trying to suck up to 343 to get back into their good graces is just pitiful.
sniper945 wrote:
There is nothing wrong with there opinions, in fact congratulations to them for having the guts to speak there feelings and rally those who feel there cause.
My problem with them is they are becoming the last word of a discussion, but it is just an opinion like every other else.
When you write something in the official forums (is that the correct word?) it will go "down under" - when you present your opinion on a good Video, people will check it out way more than that on HWP.

Anyway, I think that 343 is listening to 20-30% to the community - special when they or M$ smell money

#HaloIsNotYourWhore

And actually, I also think so. I don`t want to blame the Team in the forums or the people who just follow their order but they shouldn`t wondering when less people play Halo in the future.
I was in youtube, saw this thumbnail that said something like "Is Halo becoming Pay to Win- Mythic Month Pack", I didn't watch the video, because my first reaction when I saw this was, NO, because you can get that in regular RP (gold) packs, so if you can get something by just playing, then it's not "Pay to Win", (if it was an exclusive OP weapon, then it would be P2W).

What do I have to say with low levels with Prophets' Bane? Bring it on! I'd love to kill you and get me a free Prophets' Bane. >:D
Vblownaf95 wrote:
I was in youtube, saw this thumbnail that said something like "Is Halo becoming Pay to Win- Mythic Month Pack", I didn't watch the video, because my first reaction when I saw this was, NO, because you can get that in regular RP (gold) packs, so if you can get something by just playing, then it's not "Pay to Win", (if it was an exclusive OP weapon, then it would be P2W).

What do I have to say with low levels with Prophets' Bane? Bring it on! I'd love to kill you and get me a free Prophets' Bane. >:D
It still give people an unfair advantage over other players, even if it's not Pay-to-Win. A highly skilled player can wreck with the Bane.
Vblownaf95 wrote:

It still give people an unfair advantage over other players, even if it's not Pay-to-Win. A highly skilled player can wreck with the Bane.
Yeah, giving me free Prophets' Banes is a disadvantage to other players.
People had always had these opinions on microtransactions even before these YouTubers appear, also if someone thinks like another youtube doesn't mean they are influenced by them, they just happened to have the same opinions.
The only stuff I get influenced by youtube is laughs, understanding thanks to guide videos, and knowing what's coming out.
Vblownaf95 wrote:

If you watch the video you will realize that He doesn't believe is pay to win , but it breaks the purpose of the REQ system.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 13