1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Does anyone else notice that there are timed during arena play that your aiming reticle moves to the head unassisted? Is there a way to alway get that help?
Aim assist has always been in every console iteration of Halo, in varying degrees. It is there to offset the inherent inaccuracy of aiming with a controller. There is currently no way to change aim assist in Halo 5. Some weapons have more aim assist than others, but you can’t increase or decrease the aim assist of specific weapons.
I haven't seen that.
SIA Deadly wrote:
I haven't seen that.
Basically, when your crosshair is pointed at an enemy player, it'll start gravitating towards the target and increase the chances of landing a hit.
HaXoR73 wrote:
SIA Deadly wrote:
I haven't seen that.
Basically, when your crosshair is pointed at an enemy player, it'll start gravitating towards the target and increase the chances of landing a hit.
Oh, isn't that good though?
SIA Deadly wrote:
Oh, isn't that good though?
Depends on how hard you want the weapons to be to use. Don't know the technical terms, but if the area is bigger, then you won't need to be as precise with your aiming which means it will be easier to hit your target and harder if it's smaller. As someone who wants an actual skill gap, I'd rather the area be smaller so people have to be more accurate when aiming.
The aim assist in H5 is so strong though. I was playing doubles on Eden waiting for blue team to grab camo and my reticle was on the barrel. I shot it once then they grabbed it and jumped in front of my reticle causing it to follow them even though they had camo which should turn off aim assist.
The aim assist in H5 is so strong though. I was playing doubles on Eden waiting for blue team to grab camo and my reticle was on the barrel. I shot it once then they grabbed it and jumped in front of my reticle causing it to follow them even though they had camo which should turn off aim assist.
Really? I find myself analyzed with Stormtrooper syndrome every time I play it and beast mode in Reach :P
I haven't really noticed it, but if you do use aim assist you really should reconsider how you're living life. You literally go through the trouble of installing an illegal item into your console JUST to cheat in a virtual game, you can't look a Microsoft employee in the eye and say with a straight face you think that's right. Play the game like everyone else and just enjoy it properly, don't ruin the experience for everyone. If you're a good shot, great, your team got lucky. If you're a terrible shot, practice, don't cheat.
I haven't really noticed it, but if you do use aim assist you really should reconsider how you're living life. You literally go through the trouble of installing an illegal item into your console JUST to cheat in a virtual game, you can't look a Microsoft employee in the eye and say with a straight face you think that's right.
There isn't anything like that in H5 and I don't think anyone has modded the Xbox One with that kind of stuff yet as far as I know.
I haven't really noticed it, but if you do use aim assist you really should reconsider how you're living life. You literally go through the trouble of installing an illegal item into your console JUST to cheat in a virtual game, you can't look a Microsoft employee in the eye and say with a straight face you think that's right. Play the game like everyone else and just enjoy it properly, don't ruin the experience for everyone. If you're a good shot, great, your team got lucky. If you're a terrible shot, practice, don't cheat.
Aim assist is not a 3rd party software. It's an inherent part of pretty much every console shooter. Devs put it in there themselves. It's not cheating because it's a part of the weapons you pick up and every player experiences it in the same way.

You might be thinking of an aim bot, which is software some people use in PC shooters, and is indeed considered cheating. But there aren't aim bots for Xbox games.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I haven't really noticed it, but if you do use aim assist you really should reconsider how you're living life. You literally go through the trouble of installing an illegal item into your console JUST to cheat in a virtual game, you can't look a Microsoft employee in the eye and say with a straight face you think that's right.
There isn't anything like that in H5 and I don't think anyone has hacked in the Xbox One yet.
I'm sure that's already debunked.
Take a closer look at the video. Specifically the date of release and the first comment you see in the comments section.
Chimera30 wrote:
Take a closer look at the video. Specifically the date of release and the first comment you see in the comments section.
There's no other way to say how I'm feeling right now than this.
I clarified it better in my edited post, but I was referring to stuff like aimbot like mods which were available on the original Xbox in games like H2.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I clarified it better in my edited post, but I was referring to stuff like aimbot mods which were available on the original Xbox in games like H2.
Fair enough.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I clarified it better in my edited post, but I was referring to stuff like aimbot like mods which were available on the original Xbox in games like H2.
It doesn’t matter because that video was fake, anyway.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
There isn't anything like that in H5 and I don't think anyone has modded the Xbox One with that kind of stuff yet as far as I know.
Chimera30 wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
It doesn’t matter because that video was fake, anyway.
Yes I was referring to aim bot, oops. But the point still stands, just don't cheat.
Aim, assist, etc has always been part of Halo. You might just be noticing it a bit more now than you used to. The game would be really difficult if that didn't exist at all. You would be swiping way past bodies haha.
Aim assists is actually occasionally annoying on single-player as I'll be aiming at a grunt lining up a headshot and then an enemy will run past or something and the game drags my reticule over to him instead. The positives far out weigh the negative though. Playing a console game without auto-aim is hell.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2