1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So I am going to start playing halo on Xbox Live soon and was wondering how good are the players on Xbox Live. I can beat firefight on legendary all by my self and was wondering how good everyone else was. I was wondering how I would match up against them. I do everything on legendary campaign everything. How many kills does an average player on Xbox Live get??
The campaign and multiplayer are two different things. Don't know which game you're going to be playing, but online contains people of all skill levels so you'll run into people that you can beat and people that will stomp you.
tbh it's hard to use Campaign stats as a barometer for your MP skills. Though I will say that being able to play on Legendary would more often than not make you better than those who don't, simply because you're likely well versed in the sandbox and movement mechanics available to you.

Really though it's just not comparable because fighting against AIs is worlds apart from fighting against another player who can make their own decisions. AIs in Halo and many games can become predictable if you play the game enough. You know where the enemies will spawn, what they will be shooting at you with, and how aggressive they will be. Then you can use that predictability to your advantage. Real people are just way too unpredictable, especially in gaming.
Legendary can't prepare for for playing against another human. Playing online seems to have two major types of players: the really good ones, and the really bad ones.
Regardless of your skill, Halo 5’s matchmaking system will try to get you into the most fair match that is possible. I’d try the “Quick Play” playlist to start.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
The campaign and multiplayer are two different things. Don't know which game you're going to be playing, but online contains people of all skill levels so you'll run into people that you can beat and people that will stomp you.
I'll be playing reach, 4, and 3. I'm pretty confident I play people on the original CE and school them pretty well (not to be prideful) with and without controller.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I'll be playing reach, 4, and 3. I'm pretty confident I play people on the original CE and school them pretty well (not to be prideful) with and without controller.
What do you mean "without the controller"? Skill is relative, you will have to find out after some time whether you match up against current populations.
Geoffyz wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
What do you mean "without the controller"? Skill is relative, you will have to find out after some time whether you match up against current populations.
Keyboard and mouse
Legendary can't prepare for for playing against another human. Playing online seems to have two major types of players: the really good ones, and the really bad ones.
True, it's completely different
What kind of multiplayer ranking have you attained in other games? These can be Halo or not.
Geoffyz wrote:
What kind of multiplayer ranking have you attained in other games? These can be Halo or not.
I maxed rank in Combat Arms until they added more ranks. Level 100 in battlefront 2015. No rank in halo because I've never played on xbox live as a kid.
Geoffyz wrote:
I maxed rank in Combat Arms until they added more ranks. Level 100 in battlefront 2015. No rank in halo because I've never played on xbox live as a kid.
Wow, Battlefront must have been a grind.

YoutubeSPARTAN4 I was directing my question at you to gauge where you might land after completing some placement matches.
Geoffyz wrote:
Geoffyz wrote:
Wow, Battlefront must have been a grind.

YoutubeSPARTAN4 I was directing my question at you to gauge where you might land after completing some placement matches.
Oh lol. I've never played in ranked matches.
Geoffyz wrote:
I don't play any online games on console but I do play Halo CE for Mac with and without controller. Usually the best player in every game tho.
Geoffyz wrote:
I don't play any online games on console but I do play Halo CE for Mac with and without controller. Usually the best player in every game tho.
Is the population made up of only Mac users or is there some kind of cross platform play?
Geoffyz wrote:
Geoffyz wrote:
Is the population made up of only Mac users or is there some kind of cross platform play?
No it uses game spy engine and people can play from the original xbox, pc, or Mac.
Geoffyz wrote:
Geoffyz wrote:
No it uses game spy engine and people can play from the original xbox, pc, or Mac.
How often do you find that you’re playing the same users over and over again? In other words, is there a broad population, or high player turnover? Sorry for the interrogation I’m just trying to get more info related to your situation :)
Well there's only one to find out if you can beat people online.
Geoffyz wrote:
Geoffyz wrote:
Geoffyz wrote:
How often do you find that you’re playing the same users over and over again? In other words, is there a broad population, or high player turnover? Sorry for the interrogation I’m just trying to get more info related to your situation :)
No worries I never see the same people again really. I mean it's rare.
Online multiplayer is a whole different animal.
I feel like nowadays anyone who still plays this game are really good.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2