Forums / Community / General Discussion

Backward compatibility Xbox One

OP SempiternalG

What are the chances of backward compatibility for Halo reach,3&4 on Xbox One
The chances are very high, particullary for reach.
When though?
When though?
More than likely when Backward Compatibility feature goes public in November. As the Halo IP belongs to Microsoft, id be very surprised if Halo Xbox 360 games aren't part of the first wave of backward compatible games.
TWOMEY1993 wrote:
When though?
More than likely when Backward Compatibility feature goes public in November. As the Halo IP belongs to Microsoft, id be very surprised if Halo Xbox 360 games aren't part of the first wave of backward compatible games.
Yeah It'll be in November
There are two other threads in this forum asking similar questions mate.

Phil spencer tweeted that most first party games will receive backwards compatibility. Halo is a good candidate for this. If we look at the Gears series every single one of them is reviewing BC support. I see the same for Halo.
When though?
Pretty early on, probably this year
They are very high, since Halo is like Microsoft`s crown, and one of it`s main video game franchises. I guess most likely, only time will tell but also it was the most wanted feature asked from the community of Xbox.
I can't wait for this feature I just hope it is not like when playing the XboxOne games where every time it requires the game to be installed on the HDD. I don't have time for that mess.
I can't wait for this feature I just hope it is not like when playing the XboxOne games where every time it requires the game to be installed on the HDD. I don't have time for that mess.
For both digital and disc based 360 games, they'll need to be installed onto your HDD first before playing. If you have a disc, you need to keep that in drive while you play.