Forums / Community / General Discussion

Battle Royal on Halo, why not?

OP hiepxanh

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
YEah, I just thinking about PUBG, why not halo have a simple map like this? Drop from ORBIT like ODST? seeking the weapon on the map? fight and run? Flood around to hunting us? run to the core to get space ship to escapse? I belive that HALO is the first game have Drop From Orbit that suitable to have battle royal
No battle royale is a garbage game type and it should never come to halo.
Why sacrifice the timeless and classic arena shooter formula for one that is a passing fad?
Why enter a mostly luck based genre that rewards players knowing hiding spots, rather than actual player skills?
PUBG and Fortnite are both flavor of the month shooters, Halo has an actual legacy.
I think it would be cool as well, but I don't think they should focus on it. Maybe just give players the tools to do it themselves with mod support and custom games browser. Because as cool as it would be BR games and game types never last and the popularity isn't sustainable or at least not popular enough to warrant putting any significant dev time into.

Though I could see them maybe having it as a rotating game type when Infinite comes out. It'll give people a chance to play it, but not over stay it's welcome and even maybe leaving people wanting more so the next time it comes around people are willing to play it again.
There is absolutely no need for a BR mode. BR is just a fad that isn't skill based in the slightest and would just waste actual Dev time on something kids can play on any other game now a days.
Why not? Because the market is saturated with BR games. Fortnite, PUBG, Apex Legends, CoD, Battlefield. They're all doing it and pushing it as their main game mode. We should be encouraging diversity in game development, not have everyone copy the same formula. Also there are already custom game modes for "Hunger Games" that is essentially the same thing. I remember playing these in reach customs years ago, which means they still exist. You just have to get a group together to play them.

If you want BR, go play one of the mentioned games earlier. If you want a scifi one, go play Apex. If you want an arena shooter, you have halo to fall back on.
I don't have any problem with a Battle royale mode but i guess what right now is not important.

But i don't know why is this on the MCC forum, the MCC is probably not getting any game mode like that.
I'm sure they'll have an option to make it in custom games.
it would probably do okay if the game had halo 5 mechanics or something
Just do it yourself in custom game. Its nothing new, was also possible with 90s Shotoers. Multiplayer with only 1 Life, Random Spawns of Guns, no Starting weapon or just a pistol. Its no new game mode per se.
Just no, I mean it is okay but Halo and battles royale doesn't fit together and I don't really like the idea because is just like "Hey what about if we put more microtransactions into halo and make fans suffer and die"
Anyone who’s interested in this topic, do yourself a favour, and go watch Teh Spearhead’s video on it. Before I watched it, I didn’t want it in Halo. But now, I don’t mind. If it did come out, I’d play it.
There's nothing wrong with this idea, as long as it stays in customs.
Battle Royale seems like a waste of time for me. The normal multiplayer modes of Halo are the best. If you want you can create custom games for your special battle royale
I'm not a fan on battle royals. Probably because almost every major game is starting to have them. But personally IF Halo really wanted to do a battle royal mode, it needs to stay very far away from the "main" story line.

If Halo decided to do a battle royal I would love to see it as another ODST game. ODST 2 campaign, firefight, and battle royal. Mainly because I think dropping from a frigate or Infinity from a drop pod would be amazing. You could use microtransactions from the BR mode from skins or characters and make the whole game free.

So you get another awesome ODST 2 Campaign, Multiplayer Firefight (OG), and battle royal as multiplayer. Simple, but effective.
It would be cool as a side game mode like warzone in H5. But you gotta think about the armor upgrades, how pvp is going to work because you don't want someone to find a plasma pistol and noob combo you in the first 5 seconds of the game and then having to go back into the main menu and queue up again only to be 4 shot in the next game lol. But tbh i'd love how a BR mode would work in Halo.
hiepxanh wrote:
YEah, I just thinking about PUBG, why not halo have a simple map like this? Drop from ORBIT like ODST? seeking the weapon on the map? fight and run? Flood around to hunting us? run to the core to get space ship to escapse? I belive that HALO is the first game have Drop From Orbit that suitable to have battle royal
Halo is not a Commercial game and is not same as fortnite
but is looking good to see this playlist implement to Infinite
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I'm sure they'll have an option to make it in custom games.
It’s sooo perfect to make it!
How would Halo benefit from a trend that has basically passed the biggest hype & already has existing products that solely focus on that exact mode?
It's been already confirmed long ago that Infinite won't have battle-royale mode so I would they turn around with their words either.

Better to just focus on gamemodes that Halo has & what Infinite will possibly introduce.
I don't want Battle Royale, not for the mode itself, I could just ignore it. I just don't want 343 Industries to put the time into that mode, time which could be spent on more important things to the games.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2