1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello everyone I've been playing halo since 2004 and i really want to get better at at it I'm more of a competitive player but I just can't seem to get passed platinum 1 rank on solo and teams I really one day want to be on a halo esports competition professionally I work Thursday night through Monday night's 10 p.m to 7 a.m I'm of all Tuesdays and Wednesdays is there a certain time I should be playing just. I have some good games and then I have terrible games as well any advice will help thanks in advance.
with only 3 days played on your account, i would overall play as much as possible and also watch some youtube videos of match walkthroughs. ShyWay on youtube is great for tips and tricks, but you dont get to onyx over night. Good luck :)
Thanks man for the advice
JustKingLeo90 - Which Halo games do you have also which ones do you prefer to play. I would say also try some solo firefight on heroic right away ad try to set up the game so you can set at least 2 load out that best suit you with other load outs on default or random sets to help you improve. I would also try to get like one or two other players if your online to train with you to help you improve your skills. I could offer my service from time to time on reach then move up to the other games together and continue our training on those days your off.
When I wanted to start getting better at the competitive side of Halo the first thing I did was watch a lot of Halo pros on YouTube for tips and tricks, I like to watch Reclximer and Proximity. After that I would start implementing what I learned from them into quick play or any other social game mode. Once I felt comfortable with map control and my aim I would go to ranked. Hope this somewhat helps.
ShadowDragoness I have all of the halos mostly play 5 ranked but definitely would be will to train with you.
Spartan 043 Cl thanks hopefully it will
Just stick with your team and grind, it'll all come naturally sooner or later. Try to find a team too, it's gonna be tough trying to climb ranks solo when matching teams, especially this late in the game's life cycle.
JustKingLeo90 - that is great when I become a gold member again lets meet up on reach and do a little training so I can see where you are at. Also I don't have a mic so I can't talk to you but after a few rounds I will send you messages and let you know my thoughts and I will have a map made just for this battle. In the mean time if you like some thoughts from me on how you can improve or what you can do to help improve yourself please don't hesitate to ask me I check back here a couple of times a day to see what is going on.
I got advice for you sir. Practice makes perfect and simply putting in the hours helps a lot. Platinum is definitely one of the hardest rank to grind out of if your a player thats stuck there. There's many things to work on and i'll list them below.

- If you find the time play your heart out (Don't be like me and play halo 5 for 21 hours in one day lol.)
- Don't just play a lot, you need to watch many videos and streams, specifically pros and observe there play style
- Watch and learn how to do map rotation and memories the maps in and outs.
- Learn to make fancy jumps and short cuts to improve you map rotations and get aways. There should be many videos on it.
- Learn spawn times for weapons and power ups and where players are.
- Play hcs or slayer or doubles
- Practice your map knowledge in custom games
- Learn to crouch strafe and hit your shots and master the thrust ability
- Sadly aim is limited to your hand dexterity, muscle moment and reaction time and you'l hit a point where you can't improve your aim but you can always improve you game sense.
- Try to find players to play with and learn to call out.
- If you start losing like 2 games in a row or more then take a break and come back. When you start a losing streak it usually keeps going and then you get mad which causes you to play worse

Detailed advice specifically when solo queuing:
Always trail your teammates. Team shotting always wins. When sticking with your teammates your likely to kill your target. Make sure to watch where all your teammates are. if one of the teammates is trailing in a different part of the map you shouldn't rush to him. You want to be where the majority of your teammates are but you still want to get angles to have a view on all teammates. If you find your self trailing then rush over to a near teammate. Don't flank that much unless your certain you can collapses the opposing team. If your team has mics than try to communicate on power ups and weapons which will give you a huge advantage.

Lastly keep an internal clock in your head. When engaging and fighting someone in a one on one, you need to know how long your taking to fight him. You want to try to kill him quickly so you will be ready for the next engagement or run away. Once you start fighting someone, another player will come and rush you so away be ready and be quick, learning the ins and outs will help a lot in running away. Being aware on where your teammates are will help you make smart engagement choices and whether or not you can rely on your team. Also don't be too reliant on your team. I always tell my friend to play like you don't have a team but at the same time help your teammates. An easy way of losing is by your teammates dieing to much so protect them and learn who can carry his own weight and who can't.

I hope this helps, remember that observing others is the best way of improvement.
with only 3 days played on your account, i would overall play as much as possible and also watch some youtube videos of match walkthroughs. ShyWay on youtube is great for tips and tricks, but you dont get to onyx over night. Good luck :)
Hello everyone I've been playing halo since 2004 and i really want to get better at at it I'm more of a competitive player but I just can't seem to get passed platinum 1 rank on solo and teams I really one day want to be on a halo esports competition professionally I work Thursday night through Monday night's 10 p.m to 7 a.m I'm of all Tuesdays and Wednesdays is there a certain time I should be playing just. I have some good games and then I have terrible games as well any advice will help thanks in advance.
ShyWay, Proximity, and Reclaimer's tips videos have all brought me from low platinum to where I am now. I would be better if I actually played alot more and listened to some of their other tips. This has improved my accuracy by 10%.
ShyWay, Proximity, and Reclaimer's tips videos have all brought me from low platinum to where I am now. I would be better if I actually played alot more and listened to some of their other tips. This has improved my accuracy by 10%.
heck yeah man, thats awesome. definately baller for life :)
Watch youtube, add pro's and watch them ingame,
don't give up when you lose a game, learn from the mistakes, try to rotate with your team, try to get a good map feeling
Watch players like proximity on youtube - then grind. Practice doesn't make perfect if you're not practicing the right things. And while it won't happen over night, I promise you will see more consistency in your skill as you climb the competitive ladder.

Good luck, Spartan.
Thank all you spartans who commented and I'm taking all this wisdom in and following all of your advice
I’m not so hot and very out of practice with Halo PvP.....and I’m generally speaking...don’t overlook the simplest of ideas...”Don’t die”. People say it or “Stop Dying!” Often out of frustration or insult....however, there’s a lot of truth to it if you take out the emotion. Obviously you will die at some point, but don’t feed the opposition points by throwing yourself at them over and over with the same result...your death. Play wisely...perhaps you will be near the bottom of your team at first, but you’ll have contributed to the win! I play PvP (currently not Halo) and am average to good head to head, but often perform near the top by not being reckless (not beyond my means) or trying to set up or turn a situation to my advantage (know my skill, quickly figuring out opponents style or crutch if they have one and get outside of it, know and take advantage of the map). I know this is basic. Good luck!
For team play, understanding your team and how they play is key to success. Once you're at a point where you know how everyone on your team plays, I would suggest adding in "pro techniques" and the like, having practice sessions where you grind certain scenarios into your skulls. I know a big part of playing for me is know how my team thinks and understanding where they are at all times. I'm constantly checking where they spawn, how they are doing, where they are moving to, etc.

For solo play, the biggest thing is understanding how you play, and I don't mean how you play as in what game types you play. I am a fairly defensive player, which doesn't work well in Halo 5, but with the right set up and load out, I become quite effective, although I never really got good at FFA so i shouldn't really be talking about solo play much, but it ties in to team play.

Once you know how you play, and how your team plays, you can effectively create strategies and tactics for your team to use in matches. Are you all fairly defensive/slower moving? Make sure everyone has backup and ranged support. So you like to camp or hold objectives? Obtain suitable power weapons and stagger yourselves to avoid cluster kills. It all depends.

I'm not one for pro play so I cant speak about that on any level, but a lot of the advice you have been receiving is to watch pro players and learn from what they do. I would agree that that is probably your best bet at becoming a pro. However, I have played against pros, albeit on a casual setting, nothing like a championship, and because I know how I play and I'm confident in how I play, I can go toe to toe with most of the pros I've played against (Others absolutely wreaked me, no contest). So I would advise that you basically take all the advice you are given and just go for it! Play more, play hard, and learn from your mistakes! Don't get frustrated, make sure you walk out of every match having learned something new!
Are you trying to get better at classic Halo or 343's games?
If you want to better your game-play it's all hand eye coordination

-Play custom Parkour/Free-Run Maps to better aquatint yourself with the new Movement Systems since you a coming back to completely new game mechanics.

-Also see if you can't find a Gun Range Custom Map to better your aim without the Assist features as alot of the time you will find yourself in some Long-Range Battles.

-The More you Play the More Experience you Gain. Try to Practice and Play as much as you can to keep a strong hold on what you know.

You Can Only Improve!

Wishing you the best of luck Spartan!

~Apex Sacred~
The key is consistency in keeping the game in your hands at least every other day. Some people will say you need to play for hours and hours on end daily, but that's not the case, that'll just make you hate the game quick. As long as you play at least a few matches every other day, focusing on teamwork and map-awareness within those matches, you'll start to get a feel for the game as an improved player.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2