1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This question is one that lingers in my mind from time to time as I listen to my Spotify playlist I made for my favourite Halo songs. I just wanted community feedback to see which soundtrack they prefer overall.

Although 5 was actually decent (imo), I’m gonna go with Halo 3: ODST as many pieces from that soundtrack were just so damn emotional, but that is of course an opinion.

Which game do you guys think has the best soundtrack though (as well as give reasons why if you can).
This might help ya:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/90a6869bcf944c54a17102ac9e31da1a/topics/which-game-had-the-best-music/9a783fec-3e6a-465d-ba93-16c65d5a3950/posts
Halo 3 ODST
This might help ya:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/90a6869bcf944c54a17102ac9e31da1a/topics/which-game-had-the-best-music/9a783fec-3e6a-465d-ba93-16c65d5a3950/posts
From previous poll discussions I noticed that not many people will leave a response and those that do, generally don’t give a detailed answer. Also in future, and I know you’re new here so I understand, but don’t link your own threads in a discussion because some people will see that as plugging yourself. (As a side note I’m personally fine with it but others aren’t).

Greynex wrote:
Halo 3 ODST
Any reasons as to why?
Greynex wrote:
Halo 3 ODST
Any reasons as to why?
The Sax obviously.
My favorite Halo soundtrack still is Halo 2. As I've said in the past, I value the variety the soundtrack offers both in style and tone. It's not afraid to commit to unusual ideas, which always makes it a very interesting listen.
Halo 2 soundtrack is awesome
tsassi wrote:
My favorite Halo soundtrack still is Halo 2. As I've said in the past, I value the variety the soundtrack offers both in style and tone. It's not afraid to commit to unusual ideas, which always makes it a very interesting listen.
Halo 2 soundtrack is awesome
I can understand these points as Earth City and Peril are two of my favourites from that. The Anniversary edition only adds to that. But the Sax from ODST just sways me over.
Halo 2 and Halo 2 Anniversary’s soundtracks for me largely for the reasons listed above.

But, ODST’s soundtrack is so unique and perfect. For every game, it’s incredible how well Marty’s able to translate emotion to audio, which in turn enhances emotion. I’m still drawn in and enjoy the game twice as much thanks to his magic.
Geoffyz wrote:
Greynex wrote:
Halo 3 ODST
Any reasons as to why?
The Sax obviously.
Exactly
ODST and Reach.
Older Halo games had iconic tracks, but ODST and Reach's tracks are just the nicest to listen to.
gluecarton wrote:
ODST and Reach.
Older Halo games had iconic tracks, but ODST and Reach's tracks are just the nicest to listen to.
Well to discuss your point of older Halo games being iconic, I feel Halo 5’s would be also. It has a mix of new and old, but never gets much attention. A few of my favourites are The Trials (obviously), The Light is Green, Rock and Ice and Scavengers to name a few. Give those a listen at least.
gluecarton wrote:
ODST and Reach.
Well to discuss your point of older Halo games being iconic, I feel Halo 5’s would be also. It has a mix of new and old, but never gets much attention. A few of my favourites are The Trials (obviously), The Light is Green, Rock and Ice and Scavengers to name a few. Give those a listen at least.
Oh yeah, for sure Halo 5 has an impressive track. Light is Green is such a great song.
Halo CE, in my opinion.
Halo Reach and Halo 4 have really good soundtracks. Especially halo 4 with all of the remixes. I can't decide which one is better. (Help me out pls)
Greynex wrote:
Halo 3 ODST
Halo 3: ODST and/or Halo 3
Halo 2, because my favorite Halo song is “In amber clad”...oh, AND they had a Breaking Benjamin instrumental in the game
Greynex wrote:
Halo 3 ODST
Just Halo 3 ODST
Greynex wrote:
Greynex wrote:
Halo 3 ODST
Just Halo 3 ODST
I know, I was just saying that those are my top two. Those are the best sounding soundtracks
Greynex wrote:
Greynex wrote:
Halo 3 ODST
Just Halo 3 ODST
I know, I was just saying that those are my top two. Those are the best sounding soundtracks
I kinda have to agree with you tbf
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2