1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What books have you read or are reading? At the moment I've read the fall of reach, the flood, contact harvest, Cole protocol, glasslands, evolutions 1, last light, hunters in the dark, new blood and halseys journal from the legendary edition of reach as well as the graphic novel, uprising and escalation 1 and am currently reading first strike. I think book wise halseys journal might be my favorite and the graphic novel is definitely my favorite comic. What about yall.
All of them. I own them all. I've read them all.
The Flood, just the beginning of Fall Of Reach and First Strike (didn't get time to complete them ), Silent Storm, Oblivion, Mythos. I really want to read Halsey's journal but it's not available
I think the only one I've read and owned is The Flood though I am kinda interested getting into them.
My top 3 would be new blood, bad blood and silent storms.
I myself have read Contact Harvest, Oblivion, The Cole Protocol, The Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike, The Ghost of Onyx, Glasslands, New Blood, Hunters in the Dark, Bad Blood, The Legacy of Onyx, and am currently reading The Thursday war. I must say that Halo Oblivion is my favorite, but it messes with my brain with the timeline. I will say that probably the best one so far is since it gives a little hint at Infinite since it tells the story of the UNSC teaming up with the United Rebel Front to find a way to hide from Cortana and the Guardians. I think that one book I would like to read though is about a regular marine or ODST fire-team that has no Spartans. no one realizes it but the most people who died and saved the Earth is the regular soldiers, who are always killed off. I just want a book about them fighting off the covenant Invasion of Earth in lets say, the Rain-forest.
I am not a fan of reading, never have been. That being said, I've always wanted to read the books. I keep putting it off, but I need to get on with it! I've heard nothing but good things about the lore books.
Denning rules all! Seriously, the rule of Denning is the way to go. I love Silent Storm and Oblivion. Great characterization of Chief, difficult to write because we already know where he began and where he is many years later, yet Troy is able to flesh he and Blue Team out so well. Also, his contribution to Halo: Fractures was incredible. Spartan-IIIs are so great to read! I haven't gotten to read his post-war duoligy yet. I suppose I'm waiting to see if his next one completes the Master Chief Story trilogy or the Ferret trilogy to take the plunge.
I am not a fan of reading, never have been. That being said, I've always wanted to read the books. I keep putting it off, but I need to get on with it! I've heard nothing but good things about the lore books.
Then you definitely should read Halo! I wasn't much of a reader before I started reading Nylund's legendary trilogy. Now I enjoy reading on a near nightly basis. And that includes books not related to Halo at all. It's even gotten me into other sci-fi universes like Starship Troopers and The Forever War trilogy. It's even gotten me into some military non-fiction like Red Platoon and Black Hearts (trigger warning for Black Hearts if you have any experience with -yoink- assault).
Then you definitely should read Halo! I wasn't much of a reader before I started reading Nylund's legendary trilogy. Now I enjoy reading on a near nightly basis. And that includes books not related to Halo at all. It's even gotten me into other sci-fi universes like Starship Troopers and The Forever War trilogy. It's even gotten me into some military non-fiction like Red Platoon and Black Hearts (trigger warning for Black Hearts if you have any experience with -yoink- assault).
Sounds like a plan brother man! Is there any certain list you personally go by, in way of what order to read the books?
Sounds like a plan brother man! Is there any certain list you personally go by, in way of what order to read the books?
I would recommend going by release date. Some will suggest going by chronological order, but that can be misleading imo. Each author tends to build off the themes and stories of previous authors, so reading in release date order works best for me. Like I wouldn't recommend reading The Forunner Trilogy first. That would be first chronologically, but it would go right over your head if you hadn't read at least some of the books that were released before it.
I would recommend going by release date. Some will suggest going by chronological order, but that can be misleading imo. Each author tends to build off the themes and stories of previous authors, so reading in release date order works best for me. Like I wouldn't recommend reading The Forunner Trilogy first. That would be first chronologically, but it would go right over your head if you hadn't read at least some of the books that were released before it.
Thanks for the info sir! That's what I would've done lol, so I'm glad to know to go by release date now!
Thanks for the info sir! That's what I would've done lol, so I'm glad to know to go by release date now!
Best place to start would be the fall of reach and first strike. If you ever played ce you can give the flood a miss as the only thing you'd miss is some connection dialogue between chief and a few npcs as well as where the autumn survivors made base on alpha halo and what happened to the survivors when the flood attacked.
Best place to start would be the fall of reach and first strike. If you ever played ce you can give the flood a miss as the only thing you'd miss is some connection dialogue between chief and a few npcs as well as where the autumn survivors made base on alpha halo and what happened to the survivors when the flood attacked.
If you're not a fan of reading, then may I suggest a different approach?

If you can, try to read Halsey's journal. Even if you have to read it as a pdf. It's a good piece of the fiction. And while it's a good read, it's not as long as a novel. That way if you can make it all the way through her journal then you can feel more confident about finishing a novel. And if you can't make it through the journal then you know that a novel will be too much.
i just started reading the fall of reach and plan on reading the rest afterwards
Once I start them, I'm hoping to read all of them. Is there any that isn't good in your opinion? I saw some mixed reviews for ones published after 2008 I think it was, I could be wrong on the date. Anyways, just wondering your opinion.
If you're not a fan of reading, then may I suggest a different approach?

If you can, try to read Halsey's journal. Even if you have to read it as a pdf. It's a good piece of the fiction. And while it's a good read, it's not as long as a novel. That way if you can make it all the way through her journal then you can feel more confident about finishing a novel. And if you can't make it through the journal then you know that a novel will be too much.
That's a good idea! It's weird though, because I can sit, and read various things on my phone all day long, yet when I'd start a book, I always got bored with it. Now honestly though, the last time I started to read a book, was probably 15 years ago, when I was 14 lol... I think now, especially if it's something about Halo, which is one of my only hobbies, it would peak my interest enough! I could read it when it's slow at work, kill time, and get in depth with the Lore 🤘
What books have you read or are reading? At the moment I've read the fall of reach, the flood, contact harvest, Cole protocol, glasslands, evolutions 1, last light, hunters in the dark, new blood and halseys journal from the legendary edition of reach as well as the graphic novel, uprising and escalation 1 and am currently reading first strike. I think book wise halseys journal might be my favorite and the graphic novel is definitely my favorite comic. What about yall.
I've read Evolutions, Fall of Reach, Ghosts of Onyx, The Flood, Escalation, New Blood, Cole Protocall, and Rise of Atriox
I own them all, and have started them all, but I’m afraid I haven’t finished them all. Mostly the newer books, sometimes I just can’t find the time and have to resort to a summary of events to know what happened.

That said the audio book version can be very helpful! Especially with traffic, lol.
I have read In that order:
1.Fall of Reach
2. First Strike
3. The Flood
4. Contact Harvest
5. Cole Protocol
6. Ghosts of Onyx
7. New Blood
8. Envoy
9. Last Light
I've read: The Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike, Ghosts of Onyx, Cryptum, Primordium. I'm currently reading Silentium.
My favorite so far is probably First Strike because I always wondered what happened between Chief blowing up the first Halo and Halo 2. Though, I will say, I've heard a lot of smack talked about the Forerunner saga books, but I though Cryptum was actually pretty good, and Silentium is starting out strong as well. (Primordium was kind of meh).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2