Forums / Community / General Discussion

bungie maps vs 343 maps

OP mahingakaikid

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Eh its tough to compare. Now with all the new spartan abilities; unlimited sprint, clamber, etc. you can get around the map much quicker than past Halo. The maps could be a bit edgier but I'm no map designer and imagine that isnt something easy to do, make a map competitive and fair, as well as fun and creative without getting exploited haha.
Adrift is probably my all-time time favorite.
I prefer asymmetrical maps. It gives room for more creativity In the map. Although I do love Semi-Symmetrical maps, such as Blood Gulch and Valhalla.
I think they both made some good maps and some pretty poor maps. At the end of the day it all comes down to preference, I like stasis, many don't. I also hate truth, empire and eden. 343 has released an acceptable number of good maps in almost anyones eyes I think.
I love truth and empire and I hate stasis lol
They need to bring back haven from h4 and the pit from h3
While 343i's bland maps are great for the competitive setting, I do not find most of them interesting or all that fun to play, especially since they're all basically the same anyway.

Bungie's maps were varied, interesting, and fun. They win, hands down.
JohannDB wrote:
I say Reach had the best maps but 343 had awesome maps from halo 4 and 5.Bungie or 343?I cannot decide.They are all just great.
Reach is the beginning of the downfall of map quality.
Reach map quality is way way under halo 3 quality.
I am not a 343 hater at all your doing a good job but your maps are very symmetrical as opposed to bungie maps you guys need to get a bit more flamboyant a bit more edgy stop playing it safe you don't have to have mirror image maps all the time or is it just laziness you can design half a map then copy rotate and paste apologies for the insult
I really like the bungie maps for the exact same reason as you...😊
I prefer symmetrical over asymmetrical any day. 343 have done asymmetrical maps before, but I'd argue many prefer the symmetrical maps in competitive play as asymmetrical rewards whomever gets the good spawn, and even on some of these already symmetrical maps you see it.
It's like coliseum vs pegasus.
Fat Kid on Fat Kid was the best map ever. There is nothing that Bungie or 343i has done that can top the quality of that map!

Spoiler:
Show
Nicckh wrote:
tha Didact wrote:
I really can't think of a Halo 3 map that I didn't like. The game was pure bliss.
Isolation and Snowbound were hated IIRC.
LKG Gluby wrote:
I honestly hate most of halo 5 maps lol.
Yep, and I really dislike 343 doing remixes.
That's fine it's just my opinion. It is also my opinion that both of those maps were more enjoyable to me than what we have in Halo 5.
All the maps on Halo 5 suck. Halo 4 had some pretty decent maps. The maps that shipped with Reach all sucked until the DLC maps came out.
Bungie and 343 both do pretty well with symmetrical (I just don't like 343's cartoonish art style on spartans and environments)

But as far as asymmetrical, only Bungie has done decent with that. 343 suuucks at asymmetrical.

Community maps obviously tend to vary, but even asymmetrical community maps in Reach, 4 and 5 are better than 343i's asymmetrical maps.
I haven't done the math, but it sure seems like 343 (specifically Halo 5) has used more asymmetrical maps than Bungie did. Who knows. The only 4v4 map I can remember playing during Halo 3 was High Ground. Halo: Reach....Powerhouse. Off the top of my head I'd take The Rig and Plaza over any of those (Powerhouse though, that I'd love to see remade).

I enjoy the H5 offering for 4v4 maps more, though that may be a function of me just enjoying the gameplay H5 offers vs. previous iterations (I frankly didn't even like Bungie's 4v4 offerings).
The only problem i have is that none of Halo 5's maps are memorable. In 4 years is anyone gonna remember Empire? or Molten? On the other hand Bungie era maps are incredibly memorable, Sandtrap, Beaver Creek, Blood Gulch... I think 343 needs to be more creative with their maps. They did a good job with H4 maps. Haven was good, Adrift was fantastic, Longbow was fun, and complex is fantastic. 343 needs to do Halo 4 again really...
THB the only reason I haven't forgotten blood gulch or beaver creek is because Red vs Blue did a lot of work on those maps... that and there's been remakes of those so I haven't had a chance to forget it... What game was sandtrap from? I can't remember that one for sure... unless that is the windmill map which was also in RvB...

I hated Haven with a passion but loved adrift. There was also that map in Halo 4 with the incineration cannon in the middle? That one was grand fun but no one would vote for it (Mind you I haven't played Halo 4 online in like... 3 years? So map names are a little vague) I like a lot of the newer maps too. Personally a huge fan of the Promethean based levels except Haven... (because everyone wanted to swat on that map and it was horrible for it.)

Bungie's current map offerings from current time to now is meh. I'd take Halo 5's maps over Destiny's maps any day.
Woodge ok wrote:
I think they both made some good maps and some pretty poor maps. At the end of the day it all comes down to preference, I like stasis, many don't. I also hate truth, empire and eden. 343 has released an acceptable number of good maps in almost anyones eyes I think.
I love truth and empire and I hate stasis lol
Everyone's different :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3