Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Campaign custom games

OP Arc Trooper 48

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I just had a great idea for halo 6. What if 343 made campaign custom games? It's where you could essentially alter the campaign. I know what you're thinking, that's what skulls do, but skulls don't go as in-depth as this would, so allow me to explain.

Once you complete the campaign, you would unlock the campaign custom games. You could alter the health and damage output of each type of AI (i.e. Elites with swords, elites with carbines, grunts with fuel rods) and alter your own and your teammates/marines health and damage output. Also, every AI with a different type of gun could be altered. This means you could alter the weapon/damage/output of each grunt carrying a plasma pistol, a needler, or a fuel rod. You could also give req weapons to them or just randomize the mission. It would still be a custom game, so either master chief would be there or you could change it to your own Spartan. Also, you'd be able to have the the custom game limit of people in there (I think it's 16)

This could be useful for machinima (if they wanted to use a level, they could just delete all of the enemies and have the space open for whatever they want). This could be useful for people who want the most canon version of the campaign there is. It would also get people to revisit the campaign and just screw around with their friends if they wanted to.

So, do you guys think this is a good idea?

Edit: This also applies to vehicles.
Holy Creppe the amount of time 343 should put into this would be insane, but worth it
Sound like it could add some replay value. Particularly if you can make levels for your mates.
Sounds like something that exists more in the realm of PC gaming (i.e. mods/console commands).
Sound like it could add some replay value. Particularly if you can make levels for your mates.
You wouldn't essentially be "making" levels, just altering them extensively. That is, unless Tom French and the forge team put AI in forge. Then you could really make levels for your friends. AI in forge plus campaign custom games would literally allow you to create any kind of level you would want. That would be awesome.
You wouldn't essentially be "making" levels, just altering them extensively. That is, unless Tom French and the forge team put AI in forge. Then you could really make levels for your friends. AI in forge plus campaign custom games would literally allow you to create any kind of level you would want. That would be awesome.
Yes, but a file share for the settings would work, particularly if you could redistribute AI. And if you are going that far, there isn't any reason not to turn it into a full level creator.
Holy Creppe the amount of time 343 should put into this would be insane, but worth it
Actually, if you think about it, all they would have to do is create a UI for the player to use, all of these values are already adjustable but only to developers atm.
Looks like a very good idea. I like it!

Now imagine you customizing a game, removing all the enemies and just adding tons of Wardens Eternal (AWESOME!!!)
Actually, if you think about it, all they would have to do is create a UI for the player to use, all of these values are already adjustable but only to developers atm.
When you put it that way it sounds easy lol.
Yes, but a file share for the settings would work, particularly if you could redistribute AI. And if you are going that far, there isn't any reason not to turn it into a full level creator.
Yah it really could be an awesome level creator. Then no one could say that 343 never had an original idea (even though Doom kinda has it).

Now imagine you customizing a game, removing all the the enemies and just adding tons of Wardens Eternal (AWESOME!!!)
That would be INSANE for both us and the engine.
I would absolutely love this or anything similar. I was personally a huge fan when Bungie allowed us to manipulate Firefight in Halo: Reach, and this would be like that mechanic on steroids.
Oh, I forgot to add that this would apply to vehicles also.

Now imagine you customizing a game, removing all the enemies and just adding tons of Wardens Eternal (AWESOME!!!)
Some spartans just want to watch the world burn
ZeroXionXZ wrote:

Some spartans just want to watch the world burn
It'd be like the last cutscene in the breaking, but this time it won't be a cutscene....
We could take it a step further than that, by also adding campaign assets to forge. Bits and pieces from the environment in the campaign, placeable AIs, we would essentially have a campaign level editor/builder in Halo.
sooooo.... it'd be like Doom?
buckEyeOD5 wrote:
sooooo.... it'd be like Doom?
Yes, but it'd be way bigger and better.
Rhydon65 wrote:
We could take it a step further than that, by also adding campaign assets to forge. Bits and pieces from the environment in the campaign, placeable AIs, we would essentially have a campaign level editor/builder in Halo.
Yah if Tom French and the forge team add AI in, we could create awesome missions. Then 343 could add a few in a playlist or something that you'd have to beat. Kinda like weekly challenges.
This sounds awesome! My only concern is that this would use up alot of processing power.

I would like to suggest that this be unlockable via solo/co-op legendary campaign completion.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2