1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. ...
  7. 14
Infinite needs the flood.
Yet another non-controversy. Many think that the flood have a place in Halo: Infinite.

Considering I made a poll on this last year, I know for a fact I’m in the minority here. I like Chief with more dialogue. Apparently the majority prefers when Chief was practically a functional mute?
My take:

Halo 3 is one of my least favorite games in the entire series. Including the Wars games.

The story is way too basic and empty after H2. It actually feels like a step back in scope, storytelling and depth of the story. A wrong knee jerk reaction to people not liking playing as Arbiter. The story did many characters dirty by reducing them to one-dimensional side characters. H2 gave every faction a reason by giving them 'faces'. Arbiter showed the flaws of the Covenant. Chief represented humanity slowly gaining an edge over the Covenant because they already knew more about the Halos. Gravemind made the Flood more than zombies. H3? Weird time jump and Covenant is bad again. Gravemind is just some tentacles.
H3's levels are fine...I'd just prefer more time on Earth before going to the Ark. Took Bungie until ODST/Reach to finally show an all out war for a planet.
H3's tone is weird to me. Everything is at stake, but the world looks a bit too vibrant and the Marines crack jokes constantly.
Multiplayer was cool. Just lacking in classic maps like H2 had. Also: waaaaay too much BR-only and The Pit.

It's not a bad game. Its just not what I wanted after waiting for it for 3 years after H2. ODST scratched the 'fight for Earth' fight better for me. Reach gave me the vibe I wanted H3 to have (from looks to tone of the story).

And yes: H3 does rank higher than 4 and 5. No worries about that!

Also:
- Sprint is fine.
- H5's multiplayer is awesome.
- The Forerunner books are meh.
Infinite needs the flood.
Yet another non-controversy. Many think that the flood have a place in Halo: Infinite.

Considering I made a poll on this last year, I know for a fact I’m in the minority here. I like Chief with more dialogue. Apparently the majority prefers when Chief was practically a functional mute?
I don’t like him mute, no. But super talkative is kind of annoying.
Halo Reach is part of why Halo is the way it is today, it's borderline gross how grindy that game is. I can boot up Halo 3 on the 360 and get almost all of the armors in the game within a couple of days. Reach, good luck. Plus the gameplay killed Halo worse than 4 did.
XbninjaXIV wrote:
Halo Reach is part of why Halo is the way it is today, it's borderline gross how grindy that game is. I can boot up Halo 3 on the 360 and get almost all of the armors in the game within a couple of days. Reach, good luck. Plus the gameplay killed Halo worse than 4 did.
Oh yeah, Reach's grind for armor is atrocious.
stckrboy wrote:
Locke and Palmer are good characters with a lot of potential
Halo 4's soundtrack is the best of the franchise so far, Marty's stuff is...meh for the most part
Halo 3 is a snorefest and a chore to play
The floor aren't and were never a fun enemy to fight - from CE's rocket flood to 3's stalkers
I agree with the first thing. The rest of it, other than the one about the flood, I couldn't agree less with.
You started playing in 2012 didn’t you
I shooted plorp
Not this imposter who bears the name “ I shooted plorp”
inch1ne wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Locke and Palmer are good characters with a lot of potential
Halo 4's soundtrack is the best of the franchise so far, Marty's stuff is...meh for the most part
Halo 3 is a snorefest and a chore to play
The floor aren't and were never a fun enemy to fight - from CE's rocket flood to 3's stalkers
I agree with the first thing. The rest of it, other than the one about the flood, I couldn't agree less with.
You started playing in 2012 didn’t you
No, but lemme give an explanation. Based on what I said, it would seem like I started in 2012. So anyway, I think that Locke is good, but doesn't deserve the spotlight that he got in H5. I think that Halo 4 has a good soundtrack, but I honestly liked CE's better for some reason. Halo 3 is actually kind of fun at times, though I feel like maybe it could've been made a bit harder. Before you start complaining about how it says I haven't finished those campaigns, I did on my original account before my little sister somehow changed a bunch of stuff like the password, and about the same time, I couldn't access my email at the time. I could get it back now, but there's no point.
  • I do not like Halo 3 multiplayer
  • I prefer AR starts over BR starts
  • Halo 2 brutes are the most enjoyable version of the brutes to fight.
  • I don't mind sprint
  • Reach magnum is the best version of the magnum
  • Halo Wars deserves more love
  • I don't mind sprint
All agreed except the reach magnum
  • I don't mind sprint
So many mixed feelings! I agree with exactly half of your points lol, with the exception of the following:
  • H3 MP was the best
  • H2 Brutes were unbelievably annoying bullet sponges
  • Sprint sucks
Other than that, totally agree. Especially about the Reach Magnum. It felt like an actual sidearm, but it didn't feel totally useless when stacked up against the heavier hitting armaments.
  • I don't mind sprint
So many mixed feelings! I agree with exactly half of your points lol, with the exception of the following:
  • H3 MP was the best
  • H2 Brutes were unbelievably annoying bullet sponges
  • Sprint sucks
Other than that, totally agree. Especially about the Reach Magnum. It felt like an actual sidearm, but it didn't feel totally useless when stacked up against the heavier hitting armaments.
See I just grab a precision weapon whenever I can in campaign, and with a carbine the H2 brutes aren't that difficult or spongey. Honestly with a carbine they're less spongey than elites are, with the high ranking elites basically requiring a plasma pistol or an absurd amount of sniper rounds to kill. And all that's fair man, Halo 3 isn't terrible, but I enjoy its multiplayer the least on MCC, all just a matter of preference.
The Pilot featured in Infinite doesn't seem very interesting.
Finally, someone!
Halo 5 has the best multiplayer in the series.
Halo 2s campaign was a huge letdown for me.
Nothing like the feel of the e3 video demo.
Once you played as Arby, I had hopes you'd be hunting down the unsc. What a wasted opportunity.
The whole "for a brick, he flew pretty good!" Scene turned me off so much I went straight to multiplayer.
After halo reach the story got even worse, to the point where I almost no longer care.
I agree on the Arbiter bit. I was excited to play as an elite and then we're fighting the same enemies we did when we played as a human.... Just they have different looking armor. Until the last 2 missions then they are exactly the same enemies.
I enjoyed Halo 5's campaign
My fear that 343 is going to do to Halo what Disney did to Star Wars.
  • I currently don't own an Xbox console, just a PS4 and a PC... running Linux.
  • Halo 5's multiplayer is fun as hell and I love to Ground Pound!
  • Even though Spartan Locke didn't earn our love in Halo 5's campaign, I think 343 was in the right direction trying to pass the baton from Master Chief to someone else. Gears is doing alright without Marcus Fenix as a lead character.
  • I'm glad Cortana is dressed in Halo 5, her quasi-nudity made me feel a bit uncomfortable.
Clearly you're not watching The Mandalorian!
Clearly you're not watching The Mandalorian!
This is the exception. And do you see all the backlash it's getting from inside Disney?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. ...
  7. 14