3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. ...
  8. 16
DonVinzone wrote:
My take:

Halo 3 is one of my least favorite games in the entire series. Including the Wars games.

The story is way too basic and empty after H2. It actually feels like a step back in scope, storytelling and depth of the story. A wrong knee jerk reaction to people not liking playing as Arbiter. The story did many characters dirty by reducing them to one-dimensional side characters. H2 gave every faction a reason by giving them 'faces'. Arbiter showed the flaws of the Covenant. Chief represented humanity slowly gaining an edge over the Covenant because they already knew more about the Halos. Gravemind made the Flood more than zombies. H3? Weird time jump and Covenant is bad again. Gravemind is just some tentacles.
H3's levels are fine...I'd just prefer more time on Earth before going to the Ark. Took Bungie until ODST/Reach to finally show an all out war for a planet.
H3's tone is weird to me. Everything is at stake, but the world looks a bit too vibrant and the Marines crack jokes constantly.
Multiplayer was cool. Just lacking in classic maps like H2 had. Also: waaaaay too much BR-only and The Pit.

It's not a bad game. Its just not what I wanted after waiting for it for 3 years after H2. ODST scratched the 'fight for Earth' fight better for me. Reach gave me the vibe I wanted H3 to have (from looks to tone of the story).

And yes: H3 does rank higher than 4 and 5. No worries about that!

Also:
- Sprint is fine.
- H5's multiplayer is awesome.
- The Forerunner books are meh.
Are we bond brothers? Because man, it's hard to find other people who think like this.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo 4's story -Yoinking!- sucked.
Additional opinion:

Hang 'm High is one of the worst maps in Halo history and I don't understand why it got so many remakes. Try playing SWAT on it in MCC for instance. Terrible spawns, too many open areas to get snipes from every direction, weird block placement.
DonVinzone wrote:
Additional opinion:

Hang 'm High is one of the worst maps in Halo history and I don't understand why it got so many remakes. Try playing SWAT on it in MCC for instance. Terrible spawns, too many open areas to get snipes from every direction, weird block placement.
👏This👏Is👏A👏Fact👏

Why does it even appear in the SWAT rotation of maps? It’s hellish there, you genuinely can’t move if your team don’t control a tower.
The map is only good for chaotic Halo CE FFA.
Duel wielding should come back. Also split screen co-op mode. Plz.
Duel wielding should come back. Also split screen co-op mode. Plz.
Didn't you get the memo? Split screen co-op is coming back in Halo Infinite!

As for Dual wielding, I don't see the point, since each weapon's damage will be cut in half anyway...
Halo 4 and 5 don't deserve hate cause there still played by thousands of players
Halo 2 is trash. Like, all around. Graphics looked worse than CE due to the early bump mapping (there was a Riddick game that came out same year and looked better). Chief does nothing but chase the whole game. Returning the bomb scene is the most rediculus thing in halo. The covenant defeating itself felt really dumb. Multiplayer had silly regenerating health which encouraged running away. Guns in campaign have too little ammo. Player feels super weak outside of shields. BR dominates the sandbox. Bullet sponge berserking melee brutes who're practically immune to shotguns. Insta-gib legendary sniper jackals. Splitscreen being vertical and not horizontal. Legendary split screen makes you both reset if one dies. Legendary split screen makes you both reset if one dies from a insta-gib legendary sniper jackal that you couldn't see because the screen is split vertically so you have no peripheral vision.

Oh and all its levels are pretty much half of the actual level. This is likely the precursor of the check point system, but instead of 2 full levels, they really feel like two halves, such that large chunks of them are skippable.

It was more of a promotional issue, but after all the hype was about the battle of earth ("its the god-damn apocalypse!"), it boils down to fleet being so small that Lord Hood makes fun of it. You then bumble around some alleyways then leave earth for the rest of the game.

Lastly my copy of halo 2 somehow broke such that it can't load the gravemind level off the disc, even after multiple attempts to clean it. Only xbox game i've ever had a problem with.
Halo 4 had the best story.
There's a sizable chunk of the lore community that actually rather likes halo 4's story.

I
Halo 3's story is kinda overrated. Still good, but overrated
I didn't notice it at the time, but replaying it in MCC, it was my least favorite of the campaigns, yes even more than halo 2 which I just ranted about.
Im pretty sure you could switch the split screen to horizontal on the original halo 2, i had that same issue and fixed it, probably in settings.
Halo 2 is trash. Like, all around. Graphics looked worse than CE due to the early bump mapping (there was a Riddick game that came out same year and looked better). Chief does nothing but chase the whole game. Returning the bomb scene is the most rediculus thing in halo. The covenant defeating itself felt really dumb. Multiplayer had silly regenerating health which encouraged running away. Guns in campaign have too little ammo. Player feels super weak outside of shields. BR dominates the sandbox. Bullet sponge berserking melee brutes who're practically immune to shotguns. Insta-gib legendary sniper jackals. Splitscreen being vertical and not horizontal. Legendary split screen makes you both reset if one dies. Legendary split screen makes you both reset if one dies from a insta-gib legendary sniper jackal that you couldn't see because the screen is split vertically so you have no peripheral vision.

Oh and all its levels are pretty much half of the actual level. This is likely the precursor of the check point system, but instead of 2 full levels, they really feel like two halves, such that large chunks of them are skippable.

It was more of a promotional issue, but after all the hype was about the battle of earth ("its the god-damn apocalypse!"), it boils down to fleet being so small that Lord Hood makes fun of it. You then bumble around some alleyways then leave earth for the rest of the game.

Lastly my copy of halo 2 somehow broke such that it can't load the gravemind level off the disc, even after multiple attempts to clean it. Only xbox game i've ever had a problem with.
Halo 4 had the best story.
There's a sizable chunk of the lore community that actually rather likes halo 4's story.

I
Halo 3's story is kinda overrated. Still good, but overrated
I didn't notice it at the time, but replaying it in MCC, it was my least favorite of the campaigns, yes even more than halo 2 which I just ranted about.
Im pretty sure you could switch the split screen to horizontal on the original halo 2, i had that same issue and fixed it, probably in settings.
Looking it up it wasn't in the game settings itself, but is apparently a setting on the xbox itself.
halo 5 has the best armor XD
halo 5 has the best armor XD
In an in-lore perspective, the armor makes since.
DonVinzone wrote:
My take:

Halo 3 is one of my least favorite games in the entire series. Including the Wars games.

The story is way too basic and empty after H2. It actually feels like a step back in scope, storytelling and depth of the story. A wrong knee jerk reaction to people not liking playing as Arbiter. The story did many characters dirty by reducing them to one-dimensional side characters. H2 gave every faction a reason by giving them 'faces'. Arbiter showed the flaws of the Covenant. Chief represented humanity slowly gaining an edge over the Covenant because they already knew more about the Halos. Gravemind made the Flood more than zombies. H3? Weird time jump and Covenant is bad again. Gravemind is just some tentacles.
H3's levels are fine...I'd just prefer more time on Earth before going to the Ark. Took Bungie until ODST/Reach to finally show an all out war for a planet.
H3's tone is weird to me. Everything is at stake, but the world looks a bit too vibrant and the Marines crack jokes constantly.
Multiplayer was cool. Just lacking in classic maps like H2 had. Also: waaaaay too much BR-only and The Pit.

It's not a bad game. Its just not what I wanted after waiting for it for 3 years after H2. ODST scratched the 'fight for Earth' fight better for me. Reach gave me the vibe I wanted H3 to have (from looks to tone of the story).

And yes: H3 does rank higher than 4 and 5. No worries about that!

Also:
- Sprint is fine.
- H5's multiplayer is awesome.
- The Forerunner books are meh.
Are we bond brothers? Because man, it's hard to find other people who think like this.
The first one was beacuse Marty proposed a chief focused story, but without actually developing him, so Bungie reduced everyone else.
Halo 5 Multiplayer and Warzone are very underrated. Halo 3 gravity hammers are the worst!
Mantling was a right step forward to more effective combat and traversal.
Locke was a decent character.
in theory i can agree but i feel like the player was thrown into his role way too soon and too often without fleshing his character enough personally.
- Halo 3 Custom Games was the best back in the day. On MCC in social, it's cancer. You either do really well, or you get absolutely shredded. Your team either quits / is blind, or is god-tier. There is no in between.

- Reach weapon bloom pissed me off. I understood the reasoning, didn't make it a fun game mechanic.

- Obsession with Pistols/BR's/DMR's. Pistol is a side arm, why even start with an Assault Rifle if all you want is to laser me from across the map? I thought H3 Pistols were the best because they weren't that viable. What's the point of having an AR start at all if it's just going to get discarded immediately?

- Halo 2 story was fun, and H2A MP is amazing. Halo 2 campaign game play though? Absolutely terrible. You die way too quick, and Jackal snipers are abhorrent. Chief feels like a paperweight. I'm 100% convinced LASO is nigh undoable legitimately.
Flood are terrible opponents no matter the games

I despise projectiles on Halo 3.

Reach's Jetpack was totally stupidly too strong.

Invisibility should never have been an armor bonus.

The Eternal Watcher is an uninteresting character.

Halo 2 Anniversary has a more enjoyable multi than the classic.

Needler rifle was way more fun than Carabine will ever be

Halo 4 Hunter we're the most balanced one in the whole franchise and Halo 5 one are terrible and unfun mess to deal with.

Also H3 spawn are comparable with HCE one .
Halo Reach's multiplayer is garbage and ranks only slightly higher than halo 4's.
marshkie wrote:
Halo Reach's multiplayer is garbage and ranks only slightly higher than halo 4's.
One word: bloom
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. ...
  8. 16