Forums / Community / General Discussion

Could a 3rd person Halo work?

OP Hot Chili Fries

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
So Halo has taken on many forms: First Person, RTS, and I honestly don't know what to style to classify Spartan Assualt as, but you get my point.

Maybe it's a long shot, but a 3rd person Halo game would be pretty awesome.
For a main line game, I would prefer FPS, but a third person shooter could be fun for a spin off. There are third person elements in the main line games, like when you drive a vehicle or are carrying a heavy weapon like a turret, so the functionality does appear to exist.

Perhaps a game set during the formation of the Covenant? I suggested this before for an RPG style game, but that could also satisfy your third person preference.
I think if 343 did another ODST game but made it tactical you could sneak some 3rd person gameplay elements. Maybe go the Ghost Recon style route or maybe the Rainbow Six Vegas style where you switch from first to third when in and out of cover.
It's not really a long shot. A 3rd-person view game set in the Halo universe? Totally within the scope of possibility. I don't think we'd see a mainline Halo game go to 3rd-person view, but a spin-off in 3rd-person sounds very doable; there are plenty of genres that lend naturally to the 3rd-person perspective that could make a decent game in the Halo universe.
I think Spartan Assault would be classified as a top down, twin stick shooter.

I'd love a third person spin off. Maybe something stealth focused even?
Yeah, third person could definitely work. Every Halo game already has third person when using turrets and that works quite well. I don’t think it makes sense for a mainline game since Halo’s all about first person and it does it so well. But like others have said, a spinoff would be pretty great. There are already RTS games, so a third person Halo won’t seem out of place as long as it’s not a mainline game.
The Halo universe is so big, I can’t think of many genres which would not work in Halo in some way or another.
They're going to have to improve those walking animations lol.
All I care for is more rts. But it would be really interesting to see a third person Halo
It'll probably be like playing Gears of War.
Bulbaby wrote:
They're going to have to improve those walking animations lol.
Definitely, but I know they could polish them up if it were a 3rd person. 3rd person scenarios like carrying a turret and assassinations seem to be very well done, so I reckon it wouldn't be that monumental of a task to do everything else.
Zealotiv wrote:
It'll probably be like playing Gears of War.
I was thinkin' the same thing, but the tough part would be finding the weapon balance. GOW already has the signature Gnasher, so a Halo 3rd person would have to make it's mark with a different kind of weapon.
I would love a 3rd person spinoff where you play as a marine or odst
That Mega Blocks Halo game looked sweet.
Halo has a big, big universe. Im sure even rpgs are possible.
Well I suppose you can answer the question by playing as much as possible with a Turret, and seeing if you like it better or not.

Personally, the first-person perspective is one of the many things that I love about Halo.
No
I would rather have the option to play in first or third person, like in BF or RDR2 (Campaign and warzone only)
I think that they could expand beyond third person. Like you stated they have fps and rts in the bag.
Honestly I wouldn't know how it would work. The game play would be so vastly different then what we are use to it...would be a Halo game in name alone.
i don't think ill work or if it does its going to be weird and i don't think it suits halo at all
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3