Forums / Community / General Discussion

Could a 3rd person Halo work?

OP Hot Chili Fries

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
It would be fine as long as it wasn't implemented in the main Halo games. Personally, I'd like to see a TBS game like X-COM or Gears Tactics.
It would be fine as long as it wasn't implemented in the main Halo games. Personally, I'd like to see a TBS game like X-COM or Gears Tactics.
As soon as I played the demo for X-com on 360, I thought this would be a cool style for a Halo Wars sequel. So I'd love Firaxis to make a TBS Halo Wars in the same style. Spirit of Fire replaces the upgradable base etc..
I'd also like to see a 3rd-person cover based Halo ODST 2.

Lets forget everything that happened to Alpha Nine in the books. Alpha Nine is now under the leadership of The Rookie. Buck still left to become a Spartan, but Romeo, Dutch, and Mickey are still there. Dare has become an ODST operations handler.
You start in the middle of a mission in the middle of a city. This is a 'tutorial' level of sorts, and introduces players to everything, story-wise and gameplay wise.
The mission is completed and Dare sends them on a new mission.
They get sent to a planet and the drop off goes wrong. Cut off from support they have to survive as best they can on an enemy planet. Weapons, supplies, vehicles are OSP. The planet would have a healthy amount of stolen UNSC goodies to use. Open world gameplay. The player can go at objectives as they like using stealth or all out assault. Create diversions, disrupt the enemy, disappear back into the woods and wilderness. Co-op play via online/LAN/split-screen too.Take out enemy communication bases and discover the location of main targets, and eventually the main target.. The original focus of the mission. An apparent new 'Prophet' attempting to create a new power base on this planet.
This is a living open world, meaning when a base is taken out, eventually the enemy will send out a small force to re-establish any destroyed bases. You could ambush the convoy, set traps, things like that. And then eventually you find another teammate, a Spartan, Eddie Buck, and he helps out in the final objectives, reuniting the whole team. Eventually completing the objectives and escaping the planet. Of course this scenario would work with a newer established group of ODST, a fully customized squad of ODST, and even Sarah Palmer could be the Spartan.

Spoiler:
Show
Mhhh... a third person Dark Souls styled game playing as a Brute and lots of never before seen melee weapons to hack and slash trough massive interconnected levels. x)
I think if 343 did another ODST game but made it tactical you could sneak some 3rd person gameplay elements. Maybe go the Ghost Recon style route or maybe the Rainbow Six Vegas style where you switch from first to third when in and out of cover.
I would have to second this.

Reminds me of the SOCOM US NAVY SEALs game!
Fun fact, it used to be!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tqrfy4SR7I
Since my Sarah Palmer game ideas are third-person as well, I'll drop them in here too, from orbit!

Here is what I'd like for Sarah Palmer. I'd like an open-world, third-person, cover based shooter, about Spartan Sarah Palmer stranded on a planet. Guns blazing or stealth, steal vehicles etc...(I know, sounds like my previous ODST idea!) With a very acrobatic and robust CQC system. Vaulting over cover, attacking, duel wielding. And she needs to be a red head and look more like she did in Halo 4 rather then Halo 5-no offense meant to whoever redesigned her. This planet would have Forerunner structures and she starts understanding that somehow Spartan Davis is helping her and trying to communicate with her still. Because I think something really cool could be made out of what was happening to him in Halo Spartan Assault. Something very new, very big, and very alien. Maybe even something beyond the Forerunners? Have to be careful to make it something really good and interesting though. Not something throw away.

Third-person, duel wielding, acrobatic CQC, unlockable outfits! Very much offline co-op campaign via LAN at least. Two Sarah Palmers kicking butt, no in-game explanation needed.

Also 343i should work with ChAIR and create a 3Dgraphics 2.5D metroidvania starring Sarah, like Shadow Complex! That would be really cool, and add another game genre to Halo's roster.
Terg500 wrote:
Mhhh... a third person Dark Souls styled game playing as a Brute and lots of never before seen melee weapons to hack and slash trough massive interconnected levels. x)
It should be Atriox!
Atriox is unexpectedly transported away to a strange world. The place is under threat from Flood forms, and another mysterious species. The custodian of the planet wants Atriox to rid the place of Flood and save it from the dangerous mystery species. As Atriox delves deeper into the ruinous installations he ends up solving even more mysteries, and vanquishing darker creatures, and more sinister foes.
I’d there’s an option to turn it on & off in custom games then I’d love to see this
Spin-offs offers creative liberties.
So yeah,I would definitely work.
It would make wall-peeking a problem and it makes the game less immersive, but I would be in favor of it being an option for those who so wish to play the game in a third person view.
Yeah it would work on an open world game imo.
Terg500 wrote:
It should be Atriox!
Atriox is unexpectedly transported away to a strange world. The place is under threat from Flood forms, and another mysterious species. The custodian of the planet wants Atriox to rid the place of Flood and save it from the dangerous mystery species. As Atriox delves deeper into the ruinous installations he ends up solving even more mysteries, and vanquishing darker creatures, and more sinister foes.
Been thinking about the world. It should be a hidden San'Shyuum Celestial Observatory world. A little bigger then Earth's moon. They grabbed Atriox to help them, but the terrible joke is on them as he has no love for his former masters. So instead of rescuing them he takes their treasures and research to bolster his power base. Eventually Atriox is fighting all three groups. Using them against each other, and reaping the benefits.
No i think not
Because of the mechanics that Halo has in the FPS games, the gameplay would be like a combination of The Division and Pubg. But it would be harder to hip-fire, because the weapons sights need to be smaller to have the range that they have now, like the BR, DMR, Carbine, AR, Magnum, etc. At certain point (dont hate me pls), the final gameplay would be like fortnite without bulding, in my opinion, having in count that halo is not a stealth game (unless 3 odst). if you make a halo TPS stealth game, it will be like i said, like The Division. if it isnt a stealh game, it will be like fortnite.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3