Forums / Community / General Discussion

Could it be possible halo be ported to steam.

OP DR2D20

It could be possible like halo 1 to 5. To be ported to steam. Though it could take a while. If so there should be a link your xbox live so you can choose to keep your stats. Like levels or Transfer to your steam account. Also theres a steam workshop so people could create custom Armour, skins and maybe even req weapons and vehicles. Which could be added to halo 5.
Why would Microsoft want to put Halo on steam? Think it through, my friend. Think it through.
If Microsoft buys Valve then maybe. Otherwise there will need to be a big community demand and delays. Just like HW1.
DR2D20 wrote:
It could be possible like halo 1 to 5. To be ported to steam. Though it could take a while. If so there should be a link your xbox live so you can choose to keep your stats. Like levels or Transfer to your steam account. Also theres a steam workshop so people could create custom Armour, skins and maybe even req weapons and vehicles. Which could be added to halo 5.
No they would put it on the Windows 10 Store, if anything.

Nalla78 wrote:
If Microsoft buys Valve then maybe. Otherwise there will need to be a big community demand and delays. Just like HW1.
If they buy Valve, which i don't think they will, they will turn Steam into the new Windows Store probably lol
DR2D20 wrote:
maybe some day..... maybe some day
Technically, yes it could be done, I doubt you could transfer stats but a full game port onto steam would be possible. But will it be done?

Hell in the no. It makes absolutely no sense for Microsoft to sell their console selling Exclusive on the direct competitor to their very own online store. Especially considering it’s a longer, more expensive port over windows store and the fact that you are selling your console selling exclusive on a different device apart from the console.

Windows Store port? Maybe. But Half Life 3 will release before a new FPS Halo game on steam.