Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Customization Option Idea

OP Nathaniel S5496

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Here is an idea I've personally came up with thinking about what fans across Classic Halo's and H4 and H5 fans may like for armor customizations:
Tell me if you think you would like this menu design idea: aka, this is heavily inspired from Halo Reach and Halo 4;

:All default armors available from the start:
:Basic Armors unlocked from games H1 CE, H2, H3, H4, H5 defaulting Recruits and Elite Minor Variants (Halo Reach Design and Classic for dissociation from Newer art styles)
  • <Open Menu Navigation>
  • <Customization> :Armor::Weapons Skins::Emblems:
  • <Armor>
  • <Preferred Species> :Spartans::Elites (Sangheili)::
  • <Armor Sets> (<Option for full set or>)
  • <Select Pieces>
:Head::Torso::Shoulders::Knee Guards::Legs::Arms:
  • <Armor Skin>
:Original::Retro::DLC LIST::Custom Clan Set:
  • <Armor Appearance>
:New:
:Rusted:
:Destroyed:
:Cracked Visor:
:Dented Shoulder:
:Robot:
:Malfunctioning Suit Lights:
:Halo 5 Under Suits:
:Standard Under Suits:
:Hannibal Industries:
:ONI:
:ODST:
:UNSC:
:Meridian:
This would be great, this is what customisation for Halo should be! I love the idea of the different effects for the armour, like Rust and Cracked Visor!
This would work pretty well.

I mean, compared to Halo 5 anyways.
What are your thoughts on having an armour skin editor?
I really like the sound of this. The only thing I would add is maybe the addition of attachments to armor pieces like reach and the skin editor mentioned a few posts above.
Sound awesome.
Shot up armors sounds so cool
BeneficBen wrote:
I think that would be really cool I would love to have a Amour Wolf Skin. 🐺
BeneficBen wrote:
I'd be for custom Clan sets I think. aka groups. I thought that'd be cool. Kinda like wearing suits for you specific clan or group.
NEXUS NX wrote:
This would be great, this is what customisation for Halo should be! I love the idea of the different effects for the armour, like Rust and Cracked Visor!
Agreed. Or at least something close or similar to this.
that, that my friend is something they should do.
Here is an idea I've personally came up with thinking about what fans across Classic Halo's and H4 and H5 fans may like for armor customizations:Tell me if you think you would like this menu design idea: aka, this is heavily inspired from Halo Reach and Halo 4;:All default armors available from the start::Basic Armors unlocked from games H1 CE, H2, H3, H4, H5 defaulting Recruits and Elite Minor Variants (Halo Reach Design and Classic for dissociation from Newer art styles)
  • <Open Menu Navigation>
  • <Customization> :Armor::Weapons Skins::Emblems:
  • <Armor>
  • <Preferred Species> :Spartans::Elites (Sangheili)::
  • <Armor Sets> (<Option for full set or>)
  • <Select Pieces>
:Head::Torso::Shoulders::Knee Guards::Legs::Arms:
  • <Armor Skin>
:Original::Retro::DLC LIST::Custom Clan Set:
  • <Armor Appearance>
:New:
:Rusted:
:Destroyed:
:Cracked Visor:
:Dented Shoulder:
:Robot:
:Malfunctioning Suit Lights:
:Halo 5 Under Suits:
:Standard Under Suits:
:Hannibal Industries:
:ONI:
:ODST:
:UNSC:
:Meridian:
Quite interesting my friend
Aside from having to wonder how in the hell titanium-a plating RUSTS, this could work.
Throw in some lore-based armors for unlock and I'll be happy as can be.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Aside from having to wonder how in the hell titanium-a plating RUSTS, this could work.
I guess rust would be worn down. If they follow this they can use it for inspiration I guess. I was just thinking like old when I thought of rust.
I guess rust would be worn down. If they follow this they can use it for inspiration I guess. I was just thinking like old when I thought of rust.
Ahhh. That makes sense.
"Hard Worn" maybe. "Battle Tested"
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Ahhh. That makes sense.
"Hard Worn" maybe. "Battle Tested"
Yeah, I'd have to say if you want visuals kinda like how Halo Reach Armors looked Battle Worn.
Yes we need to be able to have a better armor customization. I would love to be able to have the setup like Halo: Reach. The way you could customize your armor there was perfect. With the options we have now this would be flat out amazing to have.
Yes we need to be able to have a better armor customization. I would love to be able to have the setup like Halo: Reach. The way you could customize your armor there was perfect. With the options we have now this would be flat out amazing to have.
I feel strong on that the armor customization has improved in area's where it needed to, but degraded where it didn't need to. That's why I took inspiration from Halo Reach and 4. I took some approach from Halo 3 and a very small about of Halo 5. That's how I was able to come up with this. Instead of just picking one genre to stick with like say classic or just 343i I chose to combine them. IMO I think 343i Is just missing halve of what they got.
I like. Here's my setup:
CUSTOMIZATION
Spartan Armor
Sets
Pieces
Helmet
Shoulders (individual)
Torso
Forearms
Legs (or Thighs and Boots)
Attachments
Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear Re-breather