define "taking a game to seriously"

OP alpha chief 14

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
I play halo 5 really competitivly and people say I take this game to seriously. Now explain to me how can anyone take a game too seriously. People can either play the game to waste time known as casuals and there are people who want to try to find there skill rank so they take the game more serious. There is no taking the game to serious to any point. Its like saying if I score 4 goals in one hockey game and try my hardest I take hockey to serious. But anyways how can anyone take a game to seriously and if you can make it to the point I say fine you win or you have a point then I will ammit there us taking a game to seriously
When you start insulting others and just generally getting angry over the game. I get being disappointed over not winning, sudden frustration when you don't get THAT kill, but don't let it turn you into an angry Thomas the tank engine.
When you get angry over losing or how team mates are playing.
Just more typical casual nonsense.

Short of actively tracking down and harassing your teammates there's no such thing as taking it too seriously.
When you start insulting others and just generally getting angry over the game. I get being disappointed over not winning, sudden frustration when you don't get THAT kill, but don't let it turn you into an angry Thomas the tank engine.
This isnt taking a game to seriously this is the people who are taking the game seriously and think they are suppose to get the kills etc. These guys are called noobs or people who think they r good and arent and have a bad tempor again this iant taking a game to seriously
When you get angry over losing or how team mates are playing.
Again maybe the guy or girl has a temor. Some people dont like to loose thats not taking something too seriously thats just them taking the game serious. And people judge people all day on anything so whats your point for judging how team mates play
If you are trying hard and getting frustrated at Warzone or any unranked mode you are taking the game too seriously. If it's ranked you're taking it too seriously if you get seriously angry. Otherwise trying to win isn't taking it too seriously.
This isnt taking a game to seriously this is the people who are taking the game seriously and think they are suppose to get the kills etc. These guys are called noobs or people who think they r good and arent and have a bad tempor again this iant taking a game to seriously
Again, I understand the moment to moment frustration coming out when -Yoink- hits the fan in certain situations. But I would personally say fuming over the game is taking it too seriously.
No when you are sending insluting messages you are taking it too far and being a d bag. Thats taking it way too seriously.
Ramir3z77 wrote:

Short of actively tracking down and harassing your teammates there's no such thing as taking it too seriously.
No this isnt casual non scenece and harassing your teamates is called being a -Yoink- and well there are people who are plain of -Yoinks!-. So because you say peolle harass teamates they r taking the game to seriously so I can go up to a person who has a snobby additude 24/7 and they harass people and I can tell them they take there impact on others to seriously...no thats not takin g a game to seriously thats someone being a -Yoink-, and doesnt want to own up for their mistakes so they blame their teamates so they r the good guy
No when you are sending insluting messages you are taking it too far and being a d bag. Thats taking it way too seriously.
No that isnt taking a game to serious its just a guy who blames others for his mistakes an average d bag man it happens at work all the time to we have a d bag who blames everyone else if he screwes up and is that because he takes work to serious...if he took work to serious why does he f up all the time. Same goes here if this guy blames u for him loosing he is blaming others on his f ups. And if he takes the game to serioulsy he wouldnt f up
Again, I understand the moment to moment frustration coming out when -Yoink- hits the fan in certain situations. But I would personally say fuming over the game is taking it too seriously.
Fuming?
No that isnt taking a game to serious its just a guy who blames others for his mistakes an average d bag man it happens at work all the time to we have a d bag who blames everyone else if he screwes up and is that because he takes work to serious...if he took work to serious why does he f up all the time. Same goes here if this guy blames u for him loosing he is blaming others on his f ups. And if he takes the game to serioulsy he wouldnt f up
Bro. The implied insults would have been a result of the person taking the game too seriously, whether they were from his mistakes or not.
Fuming?
To be enraged/angry/furious.
taking the game to serious in this case is when you have been told the reasons you were looking for, but find a way to keep justifying what you do to yourself. its a game everybody wants to win, but if you don't you can always play again
Ramir3z77 wrote:
No this isnt casual non scenece and harassing your teamates is called being a -Yoink- and well there are people who are plain of -Yoinks!-. So because you say peolle harass teamates they r taking the game to seriously so I can go up to a person who has a snobby additude 24/7 and they harass people and I can tell them they take there impact on others to seriously...no thats not takin g a game to seriously thats someone being a -Yoink-, and doesnt want to own up for their mistakes so they blame their teamates so they r the good guy
First, I was referring to the people who complain about others taking things too serious.

Second, reading your responses I'm not sure how you're even defining "too serious". Harassing people over a videogame is taking it too serious because you're treating it way more important than it actually is.
Fuming?
Salty
Fuming?
Salty
Exactly.
Bro. The implied insults would have been a result of the person taking the game too seriously, whether they were from his mistakes or not.
Ok if a guy insults you its not him taking the game to seriously. It really isnt.its him taking the game more serious than you and him loosing to a teamate who went 3 and 17 (example) would piss him off it pisses me off. Its just someone taking the game more serious than you so he would get more pissed off. My point I am trying to get to is its physically impossible for anyone to take a game to serious. Because everyone will treat the game in their own ways. So if it means a guy who blames everyone for his or her mistakes and insults people thats him taking the game serious but as for you its him taking to serious. But to him thats him taking just seriously. So in the end its a infinite loop and come to prove there is no taking the game to serious as everyones "serious to casual" mood is different therefor no someone isulting you isnt taking the game to seriously its just them taking the game more serious than u
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7