OP alpha chief 14

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
When you start insulting others and just generally getting angry over the game. I get being disappointed over not winning, sudden frustration when you don't get THAT kill, but don't let it turn you into an angry Thomas the tank engine.
This isnt taking a game to seriously this is the people who are taking the game seriously and think they are suppose to get the kills etc. These guys are called noobs or people who think they r good and arent and have a bad tempor again this iant taking a game to seriously
No when you are sending insluting messages you are taking it too far and being a d bag. Thats taking it way too seriously.
No that isnt taking a game to serious its just a guy who blames others for his mistakes an average d bag man it happens at work all the time to we have a d bag who blames everyone else if he screwes up and is that because he takes work to serious...if he took work to serious why does he f up all the time. Same goes here if this guy blames u for him loosing he is blaming others on his f ups. And if he takes the game to serioulsy he wouldnt f up
Bro. The implied insults would have been a result of the person taking the game too seriously, whether they were from his mistakes or not.
Ok if a guy insults you its not him taking the game to seriously. It really isnt.its him taking the game more serious than you and him loosing to a teamate who went 3 and 17 (example) would piss him off it pisses me off. Its just someone taking the game more serious than you so he would get more pissed off. My point I am trying to get to is its physically impossible for anyone to take a game to serious. Because everyone will treat the game in their own ways. So if it means a guy who blames everyone for his or her mistakes and insults people thats him taking the game serious but as for you its him taking to serious. But to him thats him taking just seriously. So in the end its a infinite loop and come to prove there is no taking the game to serious as everyones "serious to casual" mood is different therefor no someone isulting you isnt taking the game to seriously its just them taking the game more serious than u
Ohhkay. While I would agree that it is purely subjective what "too serious" is from person to person, there is a point where one would have to learn to control their anger.
Poor conduct like that should not be tolerated in any subject, be it at work, sports, vidya games, or professional hot dog eating.
i get mad how uneven teams are in ranked games. Either i stomp or get stomped.
When you start insulting others and just generally getting angry over the game. I get being disappointed over not winning, sudden frustration when you don't get THAT kill, but don't let it turn you into an angry Thomas the tank engine.
This isnt taking a game to seriously this is the people who are taking the game seriously and think they are suppose to get the kills etc. These guys are called noobs or people who think they r good and arent and have a bad tempor again this iant taking a game to seriously
No when you are sending insluting messages you are taking it too far and being a d bag. Thats taking it way too seriously.
No that isnt taking a game to serious its just a guy who blames others for his mistakes an average d bag man it happens at work all the time to we have a d bag who blames everyone else if he screwes up and is that because he takes work to serious...if he took work to serious why does he f up all the time. Same goes here if this guy blames u for him loosing he is blaming others on his f ups. And if he takes the game to serioulsy he wouldnt f up
Bro. The implied insults would have been a result of the person taking the game too seriously, whether they were from his mistakes or not.
Ok if a guy insults you its not him taking the game to seriously. It really isnt.its him taking the game more serious than you and him loosing to a teamate who went 3 and 17 (example) would piss him off it pisses me off. Its just someone taking the game more serious than you so he would get more pissed off. My point I am trying to get to is its physically impossible for anyone to take a game to serious. Because everyone will treat the game in their own ways. So if it means a guy who blames everyone for his or her mistakes and insults people thats him taking the game serious but as for you its him taking to serious. But to him thats him taking just seriously. So in the end its a infinite loop and come to prove there is no taking the game to serious as everyones "serious to casual" mood is different therefor no someone isulting you isnt taking the game to seriously its just them taking the game more serious than u
Ohhkay. While I would agree that it is purely subjective what "too serious" is from person to person, there is a point where one would have to learn to control their anger.
Poor conduct like that should not be tolerated in any subject, be it at work, sports, vidya games, or professional hot dog eating.
Some people cant control their anger sometimes while others that is them just getting a little upset...you never know they can have some anger problems
I guess to clarify my stance:

Insulting people isn't taking something too seriously. I mean you're being a -Yoink-, but competition is stressful and temperatures are bound to fly. It's just an expected byproduct of being competitive in anything.

When you go to bed and have nightmares about the match, or start sending the terrible teammate hate messages every single day for the entire week...yeah, you've crossed the line into being obsessive and taking the game far too seriously.
it's a video game first and foremost it is meant to be played for fun, if you think your imaginary skill means anything or your fake ranks matter you're delusional.

343 didn't put Halo 5 out there to find The Wizard ok, relax and play for fun you'll find you enjoy it more, and if you think playing for skill and increasing your ranks and going try hard mode is what you think is fun then you've lost yourself.
it's a video game first and foremost it is meant to be played for fun, if you think your imaginary skill means anything or your fake ranks matter you're delusional.

343 didn't put Halo 5 out there to find The Wizard ok, relax and play for fun you'll find you enjoy it more, and if you think playing for skill and increasing your ranks and going try hard mode is what you think is fun then you've lost yourself.
Because finally winning at something difficult and striving to better yourself hasn't been a key aspect of all sports throughout history and obviously isn't satisfying in the slightest.
Ramir3z77 wrote:

Because finally winning at something difficult and striving to better yourself hasn't been a key aspect of all sports throughout history and obviously isn't satisfying in the slightest.
it's a video game, does a pay check come out of your xbox after a week of playing? didn't think so.
When the game starts to take a negative toll on you in real life, but you have to draw that line, because the line is different for everybody.

For me, if I'm getting too frustrated with the game, then I'm taking it too seriously, I'm playing to have fun, I'm not trying to be a pro or anything. If I'm getting crushed by someone who's better than me, then I just have to suck it up, sure it may be annoying, but I gotta keep a cool head, it's just one game.
and if you think playing for skill and increasing your ranks and going try hard mode is what you think is fun then you've lost yourself.
And who are you to tell someone what should and what shouldn't be fun for them? You don't get to declare what other people should find fun. If somebody thinks they're having fun, then they're having fun, and that's it.

The point of taking it too seriously is when you start behaving compulsively, i.e., when you just have to play the game even though you're not the least bit happy about getting to play it. But as long as you're deriving some enjoyment out of it, you're not taking it too seriously.
it's a video game, does a pay check come out of your xbox after a week of playing? didn't think so.
You ever heard of hobbies? You know, those things people teach themselves because learning and being good at something gives them pleasure. Is this an entirely alien concept to you?
tsassi wrote:
and if you think playing for skill and increasing your ranks and going try hard mode is what you think is fun then you've lost yourself.
And who are you to tell someone what should and what shouldn't be fun for them? You don't get to declare what other people should find fun. If somebody thinks they're having fun, then they're having fun, and that's it.

The point of taking it too seriously is when you start behaving compulsively, i.e., when you just have to play the game even though you're not the least bit happy about getting to play it. But as long as you're deriving some enjoyment out of it, you're not taking it too seriously.
quoted by a mod? check that one off the list.

Anyway it's just my opinion, isn't that the point of a forum? Personally I'll just never let a video game be all that serious to me. I'm a grown man with a full time job so I'll always be considered a filthy casual. If I work 8 to 10 hours a day and come home and hop online and play, well that's all it'll ever be to me a way unwind after a long day. Taking the game to serious seems like a waste of time and energy, not to mention gains you nothing, no money comes into your hands for having a super high K/D or whatever. I just don't want to see people invest so much of themselves into something and gain nothing in return but frustration.
Anyway it's just my opinion, isn't that the point of a forum? Personally I'll just never let a video game be all that serious to me. I'm a grown man with a full time job so I'll always be considered a filthy casual. If I work 8 to 10 hours a day and come home and hop online and play, well that's all it'll ever be to me a way unwind after a long day. Taking the game to serious seems like a waste of time and energy, not to mention gains you nothing, no money comes into your hands for having a super high K/D or whatever. I just don't want to see people invest so much of themselves into something and gain nothing in return but frustration.
But just because you don't find something fun doesn't mean that you get to tell other people that they shouldn't find it fun. If you play games just to unwind, that's fine. I personally have deeper reasons, but I'm not going around saying "you've lost yourself" to people who play games for reasons. So, while you're definitely free to think "I don't like taking games seriously" the opinion "other people shouldn't take games seriously" is entirely nonsensical because you don't get to tell other people what they should and shouldn't like.
You sound like you take it too seriously.....
When it interferes with your health, hygiene, and when you think every second you don't play you are missing out on something or start sending hate messages to players over a bad match repeatedly. ...then I would say perhaps you take it to serious. Aside from that it's personal preference on what you like to do for fun.
OP, I get the feeling that you take it too seriously.

I always want to win, I play for fun but to win too, and yeah sure I get frustrated when I lose or when a team mate lets me down. I may be annoyed at the time, but then I go into the next time and I'm over it. Or I turn the game off, speak to my girlfriend, go to bed, watch tv, go to work, whatever, and I'm over it.

If you turn the game off but you're still wound up by it, or your sending team mates hateful or insulting messages, you're taking the game too seriously. And you're a -Yoink-.
People who scream and get angry over a video game takes the game too seriously or if they keep cussing out their team because they aren't as good as you. It's a game.
Rage quiting
I just get angry when a person is on my team...and does not get any kills and has a lot of deaths. I've ran into some of these people on team arena. Slayer what do you think happened. I'm trying to get to platinum rank...but I can't with these noobs..
If you play to win maybe but who plays to loose
Not at all, you're fine. Listen to me son, if you come out on top each game and your teammates are just feeding kills to the opposing team.. it is OK , to send them a message telling them they suck. It might get you banned for a few days for a few days but it's worth it :)
Um...screaming at your TV and Xbox One. And teammates. I get being frustrated when teammates don't understand that you're supposed to kill the enemies or at least walk over the flag to pick it up (and calling them idiots for just staring at the flag), but sending them nasty messages and screaming at them is too serious. To avoid this, I would just play casually like I normaly do.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7