2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
kilAcez21 wrote:
Not at all, you're fine. Listen to me son, if you come out on top each game and your teammates are just feeding kills to the opposing team.. it is OK , to send them a message telling them they suck. It might get you banned for a few days for a few days but it's worth it :)
Uh no, thats not ok. Thats being an -Yoink-. You and the OP must take the game too seriously.

JIMLUKE104 wrote:
You sound like you take it too seriously.....
Yea OP, you sound like the person who would play a match for example, lose by a kill or two and be pissed about it for days. Instead of saying "Well that was fun, we came really close. Next match I'm totally getting that win" Someone who takes the game too seriously would be cursing out their team through their mics, sending hate messages to the enemy team, throwing controllers across the room. Actually, there is probably a bunch of youtube videos on this. You should look some up and see if you share any of their behaviors.
When you start insulting others and just generally getting angry over the game. I get being disappointed over not winning, sudden frustration when you don't get THAT kill, but don't let it turn you into an angry Thomas the tank engine.
This isnt taking a game to seriously this is the people who are taking the game seriously and think they are suppose to get the kills etc. These guys are called noobs or people who think they r good and arent and have a bad tempor again this iant taking a game to seriously
No when you are sending insluting messages you are taking it too far and being a d bag. Thats taking it way too seriously.
No that isnt taking a game to serious its just a guy who blames others for his mistakes an average d bag man it happens at work all the time to we have a d bag who blames everyone else if he screwes up and is that because he takes work to serious...if he took work to serious why does he f up all the time. Same goes here if this guy blames u for him loosing he is blaming others on his f ups. And if he takes the game to serioulsy he wouldnt f up
Bro. The implied insults would have been a result of the person taking the game too seriously, whether they were from his mistakes or not.
Ok if a guy insults you its not him taking the game to seriously. It really isnt.its him taking the game more serious than you and him loosing to a teamate who went 3 and 17 (example) would piss him off it pisses me off. Its just someone taking the game more serious than you so he would get more pissed off. My point I am trying to get to is its physically impossible for anyone to take a game to serious. Because everyone will treat the game in their own ways. So if it means a guy who blames everyone for his or her mistakes and insults people thats him taking the game serious but as for you its him taking to serious. But to him thats him taking just seriously. So in the end its a infinite loop and come to prove there is no taking the game to serious as everyones "serious to casual" mood is different therefor no someone isulting you isnt taking the game to seriously its just them taking the game more serious than u
^This is the definition of people taking a game to seriously. I rarely go above my deaths (Like 5 to 12) yet you are pissed because not all people can go.....wait what was that term? Oh right 'positive'. There is a term of to serious. You have been describing it as your 'excuses'
When you have all this time to play a video game, yet you don't find the time to learn proper grammar. I get shortening words and stuff like that, but to and too are two different words (like how I added a third?) and loose is the opposite of tight. Good luck in life buddy.
it's a video game first and foremost it is meant to be played for fun, if you think your imaginary skill means anything or your fake ranks matter you're delusional.

343 didn't put Halo 5 out there to find The Wizard ok, relax and play for fun you'll find you enjoy it more, and if you think playing for skill and increasing your ranks and going try hard mode is what you think is fun then you've lost yourself.
Halo 5 was designed for MLG, seriously. Before the updates, there was Warzone, and Ranked Multiplayer for multiplayer options. People do get paid for this if they get to Championship level, but it can be enjoyed for fun. And the rank does matter, it shows how good you are (or in my case, how bad at leveling up I am), and people respect you the higher rank you are.
When you start insulting others and just generally getting angry over the game. I get being disappointed over not winning, sudden frustration when you don't get THAT kill, but don't let it turn you into an angry Thomas the tank engine.
This isnt taking a game to seriously this is the people who are taking the game seriously
*sigh*
Someone just doesn't want their question answered.
Taking a game too seriously is the simple failure to remember that it's a game and no matter how well you do or the "skill" you attain, it's meaningless except as a fun pastime. Giving it any more weight than that is taking it too seriously.
I think halo ranked arena/slayer requires the best of you. You can't play these playlist while your trying to watch the game, play with dog, drink etc... Espically at higher ranks. It's the most competitive fps. I think taking it serious is a relitive thing. Competitive would be a better word and when you say your too competitive; well there's no such thing.
Quotes from Try-hards
  1. "I GOT THAT KILL!"
  2. -team-kills to get sniper- "MINE!"
  3. -assassinates enemy- "T-BAGGING TIME!" (slorp slorp slorp)
  4. "LAG-SWITCHING F###ER!!! I'LL KILL YOUR FAMILY!!!"
And finally, an understandable one...
1. -assassinates enemy, sweaty teammate kills enemy- "WHAT THE F### IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?"
When you blame your team for everything, when you get mad that you are dying/losing, when you start breaking things such as controllers. Generally it's stuff like that which shows you that you're taking it too seriously.
At the end of the day, Who cares what people say just play the game the way you see fit.
kilAcez21 wrote:
Not at all, you're fine. Listen to me son, if you come out on top each game and your teammates are just feeding kills to the opposing team.. it is OK , to send them a message telling them they suck. It might get you banned for a few days for a few days but it's worth it :)
Uh no, thats not ok. Thats being an -Yoink-. You and the OP must take the game too seriously.
Um I'm pretty sure that was a joke.
Taking a game too seriously is when your health or personal life suffer because of the game.
I think making a forum post about it is an example of taking it too seriously.
That one player that has lower kills and more deaths complain about call outs and losing while he doesn't help at all, just there to get their ranks up and bad KD, those are the kind of people that are taking a game seriously
too* seriously
When your spelling, grammar, and punctuation is worse than your Halo play, you take Halo too seriously (and school not seriously enough...)
This isnt taking a game to seriously this is the people who are taking the game seriously
*sigh*
Someone just doesn't want their question answered.
Taking a game too seriously is the simple failure to remember that it's a game and no matter how well you do or the "skill" you attain, it's meaningless except as a fun pastime. Giving it any more weight than that is taking it too seriously.
This a thousand times lol.
I play halo 5 really competitivly and people say I take this game to seriously. Now explain to me how can anyone take a game too seriously. People can either play the game to waste time known as casuals and there are people who want to try to find there skill rank so they take the game more serious. There is no taking the game to serious to any point. Its like saying if I score 4 goals in one hockey game and try my hardest I take hockey to serious. But anyways how can anyone take a game to seriously and if you can make it to the point I say fine you win or you have a point then I will ammit there us taking a game to seriously
there is a way of taking the game to seriously, its called being me and trying to relate everything you do in life to halo. its not an addiction, its a way of life.
kilAcez21 wrote:
Um I'm pretty sure that was a joke.
Good point, it could be. But either way, players out there think this way, so my point still stands.
The easiest way to define "taking it too seriously" is that you are trying to win more often than the person you are talking to. It is instantly too serious when the other person no longer has interest in achieving the same goal that you do.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7