define "taking a game to seriously"

OP alpha chief 14

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7
Well I know some people that I consider take the game too seriously. Instead of getting a job, they sit on their big fat butts playing xbox 12 hours a day 7 days a week. Their attitude seems to be.... why work for a living when I can play halo etc. They bludge off their parents and friends, because they consider achieving some fantasy rank or medal is far more important then doing something worth while with their lives. So yes, some people do take games too seriously.
How is this any different then football or hockey or olympics?
Or weighlifters, chess masters, any minimum wage job where any hard work you do is almost immediately undone or in the process of regression.
Well...
Seriously hilarious.
But honestly almost everyone has their game where theyre like this.
I play halo 5 really competitivly and people say I take this game to seriously. Now explain to me how can anyone take a game too seriously. People can either play the game to waste time known as casuals and there are people who want to try to find there skill rank so they take the game more serious. There is no taking the game to serious to any point. Its like saying if I score 4 goals in one hockey game and try my hardest I take hockey to serious. But anyways how can anyone take a game to seriously and if you can make it to the point I say fine you win or you have a point then I will ammit there us taking a game to seriously
Devoting entire days with minimum breaks, while freaking out upon loses and yelling enthusiastically when unlocking something good.
Well I know some people that I consider take the game too seriously. Instead of getting a job, they sit on their big fat butts playing xbox 12 hours a day 7 days a week. Their attitude seems to be.... why work for a living when I can play halo etc. They bludge off their parents and friends, because they consider achieving some fantasy rank or medal is far more important then doing something worth while with their lives. So yes, some people do take games too seriously.
How is this any different then football or hockey or olympics?
Or weighlifters, chess masters, any minimum wage job where any hard work you do is almost immediately undone or in the process of regression.
Strike a nerve did I ? and even a minimum wage is better then no wage.
When you get angry over losing or how team mates are playing.
All the game should be just fun. Agree with you
Examples of taking the game too seriously , when an individual has command hallucinations that Laskie is telling them to take a hill in the supermarket away from the console , and that individual kicks over some old lady and jump on a pile of oranges . That happen to have the brand name halos . Here's another example when a person shoots their teammates to acquire weapon . Yet another when a person screams wildly into the microphone at the other players that they have, " failed Master chief and the UNSC " , how about another quote or example for that matter when a person shows up for the job dressed as a Spartan because they can't separate reality from fiction . Seriously these are fun examples , and some of them leave you questioning if they took the game to seriously or had a break from reality , because they had pre-existing issues . I prefer to play with individuals who understand the concept of good sportsmanship and don't take the game seriously in a gung ho fast fashion.
When I am playing swat on solace on h4 last night and me and my 2 other teammates are holding a 6-10 kill lead on a good opposing team and a random comes in and does nothing but jump in the center grav and kills nobody. goes 0-10 and we lose. After holding a lead the entire game, Yes I will insult and be pissed
There are less skilled players out there (generally in our 12 man team games it's me!) who bring the points and stats down (sorry guys) but at the end of the day it's a video game designed for people's entertainment and enjoyment.

If you get worked up enough to send an insulting message to team-mates or opponents what does that achieve both in terms of your enjoyment of the game and in turn other people's?
I didn't send him anything. I directed it to him during the game. Telling him to stop running out there and dying. I didn't cuss him out. Believe me, I know how to manage without personally insulting someone. However, I will tell them in a firm manner that what they are doing is idiotic and to stop. I guess I shouldn't have said "insulted". That , I did not do. But yes my point is sometimes there is valid reasons to be mad. It had nothing to do with his skill. I completely understand ppl who aren't as skilled. This kid was just jumping in it not really even trying. So I told him he's being idiotic and needs to stop. Which anyone would.
If you make a thread devoted to whether or not you take the game too seriously you might be a tryhard.
Do not make nonconstructive posts or target other users, admins, or Monitors.

Spoiler:
Show
Do not make nonconstructive posts or target other users, admins, or Monitors.

Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7