Skip to main content
Hello Everyone,

Lately I have been playing the legacy Halo games (3 and Reach) trying to unlock some achievements and whatnot and I’m worried that I boosted. The reason I bring up this concern is because I was trying to figure out how to complete an achievement on Reach yesterday (All Alone) and I came upon a forum post asking for people to help with the achievement. They mentioned something about boosting and then my worries set in. When I was playing Lone Wolves on H3, I helped a couple people with a few achievements and then they helped me with a couple. Is this boosting, and if so, am I in trouble?

Thanks,
Bread
I've never heard of the term "boosting" in this context, so anyone else on here feel free to educate me if you know what that means. But helping out other players in completing an achievement doesn't sound like something that would get you in any trouble.
Achievement boosting is fine, even more so if it’s a full lobby. The biggest things not to engage in is rank boosting. Not really sure how the ban hammer is calibrated in the 360 titles but it’s looking out more for cheaters and what not. I boosted my 2 for 1 achievement back in H3 days.
Achievement boosting is fine, even more so if it’s a full lobby. The biggest things not to engage in is rank boosting. Not really sure how the ban hammer is calibrated in the 360 titles but it’s looking out more for cheaters and what not. I boosted my 2 for 1 achievement back in H3 days.
That’s one of the ones I got help on too lol! Didn’t play H3 multiplayer back in the day because my parents wanted me to be safe online so now I get to grind for achievements now.
Hello Everyone,

Lately I have been playing the legacy Halo games (3 and Reach) trying to unlock some achievements and whatnot and I’m worried that I boosted. The reason I bring up this concern is because I was trying to figure out how to complete an achievement on Reach yesterday (All Alone) and I came upon a forum post asking for people to help with the achievement. They mentioned something about boosting and then my worries set in. When I was playing Lone Wolves on H3, I helped a couple people with a few achievements and then they helped me with a couple. Is this boosting, and if so, am I in trouble?

Thanks,
Bread
That's not boosting, or it shouldn't be considered boosting. You're trying to get achievements, it's sometimes easier with people. I know boosting as being a multiplayer thing. Like instead of legitimately getting say 100 assassinations, you and a friend camp in the back of the map on different teams, assassinating each other. That's what I know boosting to be. Achievement hunting is a totally different animal where "boosting" can't happen. In my opinion at least :)
Hello Everyone,

Thanks,
Bread
That's not boosting, or it shouldn't be considered boosting. You're trying to get achievements, it's sometimes easier with people. I know boosting as being a multiplayer thing. Like instead of legitimately getting say 100 assassinations, you and a friend camp in the back of the map on different teams, assassinating each other. That's what I know boosting to be. Achievement hunting is a totally different animal where "boosting" can't happen. In my opinion at least :)
It is boosting though. If your on a competitive battlefield and you work with the opposition to accomplish a common goal you are boosting. Just because you involve an achievement doesn't make it not boosting.
BIGB EC wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks,
Bread
It is boosting though. If your on a competitive battlefield and you work with the opposition to accomplish a common goal you are boosting. Just because you involve an achievement doesn't make it not boosting.
"In my opinion at least :)" :)