do you have faith in 343i for Halo 6?

OP thelvadam47

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
so, do you have faith in 343i to make halo 6 great? i do, with halo wars 2 and awakening the nightmare dlc for halo wars 2 (all fantastic btw) i believe they can make the perfect halo game in the forerunner saga. if you think otherwise leave your thoughts below. :)
No, not really, if by "great" we mean "a game I would enjoy". I didn't have faith last time around, and since then nothing has happened that would change that assessment.
No.

They seem so intent on pushing the sprinting and enhanced mobility agenda. Those things are so detrimental to the Halo experience that I do not believe Halo 6 will be a great game. I would love to be proven wrong though.
If I'm being honest, my faith is on a shaky foundation. Halo 5, at least in terms of the story and campaign, sounded like it was going to be amazing, but ultimately felt like a bait and switch when you got right down to it. Recent books have given me some solace, but I'm keeping a skeptical eye on anything Halo 6 related lest 343 feels the need to not be truthful again.
In the past I preordered every Halo game I bought (after 3). My love for Halo was so great due to Halo 3 that I never thought I'd tire of the series. So I preordered ODST, Reach, 4, and even 5.

I've firmly decided that I will not be preordering Halo 6, and that I will wait for critic reviews and possibly more before purchasing it for myself. I would say that indicates I have little faith that Halo 6 will be a "great" game, if we're using the term "faith" to define a belief not based on fact or evidence.
With halo 5 ending and halo wars 2 ending, it gives 343 a chance to make a big, awesome halo game. I hope they make it like a proper halo, like when bungee did
No, not by any means.

343i Has had the resources for a great Halo game for a long time. They had all the resources and all the hype for Halo 5 for example, then Halo 5 turned out to be a log on the fire for 343i and it made the fanbase even more divided than it was before IMO. Halo MCC had this happen as well, all the Halo games coming back for one last go got smacked when it launched with an unplayable multiplayer and a hasty sweep under the rug when 343i found out just how bad MCC was going.

I can't put my faith in 343i again. I started playing Halo at Reach and have bought every Halo before it. But there's a reason I didn't buy Halo Wars 2. I lost faith in 343i and unless they can really change course and wow the crowd, I will be making the same choice and not purchase Halo 6.
Nope, I've lost much of my care for the franchise at this point. They'd have to truly make a fantastic game to get me excited again.

•Bring back the old art style
•dump the abilities
•give variety to the game

if not then I'll be around destiny and PUBG
I would love to give a straight up 'yes' but after the fiasco of the MCC, H5 limited launch content and a lack of Atriox in the main campaign of HW2 (addressed through DLC) my thoughts are teetering towards a 'no' answer. However, I will still probably end up getting any upcoming halo games, after all, I have placed so much time into this franchise. And even if 343 don't make a mind-blowing game you can guarantee some quality in the book side of things. Not ideal, especially not for understanding the story (due to it being broken down through different media).
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not modify posts that have been edited by a moderator.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
In all honesty, yes I have faith.

I do agree that the MCC, Halo 4 and Halo 5 were handled in less than stellar means. However, the changes made to Halo 5 over the years, as well as how Halo Wars 2 was handled, shows that they now listen to community feedback and try to implement it as best as they can.

I do want to say though that if Halo 6 fails, then I will lose all faith with 343i and future Halo titles. But my gut is telling me to give them one more shot since I've seen the changes and improvements these past two years now.
I have faith in 343i i mean they have shown us they can make a good story(H4) and good multiplayer (H5) IMO. Just need to combine them.
HC Lasky wrote:

I do agree that the MCC, Halo 4 and Halo 5 were handled in less than stellar means. However, the changes made to Halo 5 over the years, as well as how Halo Wars 2 was handled, shows that they now listen to community feedback and try to implement it as best as they can.
This is pretty much how I feel right now. I've spoken to numerous employees, past and present and you can see the passion they have for the franchise and the work they do. Watching the groundwork they laid out and built up with Halo 5 makes me feel like they have a good base to build upon for future games - by this I mean how they can add new items to Forge, scripting in forge, allowing different weapon tunings per playlist, the matchmaking adjustments from Dr. Menke and the team he works with.

I've had a great time playing Dominion and Ricochet in Halo 4 and WZ / WZA in Halo 5 with friends, I'm sure we'll have a blast with similar or perhaps new playlists in the next game.
stckrboy wrote:
HC Lasky wrote:

This is pretty much how I feel right now. I've spoken to numerous employees, past and present and you can see the passion they have for the franchise and the work they do. Watching the groundwork they laid out and built up with Halo 5 makes me feel like they have a good base to build upon for future games - by this I mean how they can add new items to Forge, scripting in forge, allowing different weapon tunings per playlist, the matchmaking adjustments from Dr. Menke and the team he works with.

I've had a great time playing Dominion and Ricochet in Halo 4 and WZ / WZA in Halo 5 with friends, I'm sure we'll have a blast with similar or perhaps new playlists in the next game.
It's sad because these passionate devs are completely controlled by microsoft and their decisions, I really do hope the fact that there has been no halo 6 trailer or halo 3 anniversary is because microsoft have loosened their grip.
I'm thoroughly confident in their ability to make a multiplayer I'll fall in love with, and a great value for $60.

I'm much less confident about the campaign. They haven't proved to me they can put together a good campaign yet.
I have faith only because they have had a lot of time to work on it.
Hmmm, I'm leaning towards no. The H3 playlist has given me some hope though that they still remember how to make a playlist without sprint or spartan abilities. Maybe a fraction of that will transfer over to H6.
Apart from the MCC blunder, I'm really puzzled by the 343 discontent. It's as if everyone expects them to just keep cranking out Halo 3 re-skins until the end of time. It just doesn't matter whether they keep the formula intact, change it a little here and there, or change it a lot everywhere. Which ever path they choose they'll meet with ample dissatisfaction and frustration from some part of the player base. Personally I have absolutely no faith at all that they'll produce the Halo that I want to play. But I'm also honest enough to know that that's not a game anyone else would want to play. So that's why I'm puzzled that the classic Halo people haven't come to some similar realization.
But I'm also honest enough to know that that's not a game anyone else would want to play. So that's why I'm puzzled that the classic Halo people haven't come to some similar realization.
Can't speak for anyone else, but I realize that. That's why I mentioned the fraction part because I know there will be abilities in H6, but maybe they'll think about the classic style and either incorporate it with the modern style like a hybrid or go more sparingly with the ability gimmicks.
Yes. I consider Halos 4, 5, Wars 2 and MCC to be great games, not because of what I had recieved with the games, but because of the experiences I have had with them, be it with the campaigns (Yes, I actually like Halo 5's story. Come at me.), multiplayer, customs, among other things.

In my eyes, it is the duty of the player to create their own enjoyment within games with the tools that the developers give to us. If you need an example, look at 5's Forge. The argument that one simply cannot find enjoyment because the game just isn't fun is kinda BS if you ask me (unless you actually tried making it fun like I said, then I see it as valid).

I also don't buy the argument that a game is bad because it does not "feel" like its predecessors. Each game, whether it be a sequel to a previous installment, should offer some new mechanic that changes how it plays compared to the last version. Halo has consistently done this, however until now it has never incited much controversy. 2 introduced Dual Wield, 3 had equipment, ODST had VISR, Reach had Sprint and AAs, 4 extended on what Reach did, 5 had Spartan Abilities and Smart Scope. You get the idea. Understandably, the additional heat may stem from how noticeable each change has been, however I welcome such things. It is imperative that each game mixes up how it plays while also keeping consistency. I know many people have voiced that last part, and I see it as valid. That's something I myself could stand to see improved a bit.

TL;DR, I'm excited for Halo 6, as well as any and all future 343 Halo products. I will be pre-ordering it no matter how it is advertised, and I look forward to the experiences I will make using it. No matter how it turns out, I believe that everyone who plays it should at least attempt to open themselves to whatever it brings us and see past comparisons to games prior. Many of you will either disapprove of my stance, call me out for being an idiot and making a post that has no common sense to it, or just straight-up ignore it. Whatever. I've shared my piece.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5