OP thelvadam47

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
In my particular case H6 is their last change if H6 is bad I'm moving on and leaving halo behind after being a fan since CE days
As far as multiplayer yes I do i loved halo 5 multiplayer
As far as campaign no
I have faith that 343 Industries is capable of making an amazing Halo 6.

I have very little faith in the Halo community and fear how it could affect the series. I hope for an end to the period of negativity, the whiny culture that loves to complain about everything out of habit at this point while ignoring all the good.

Due to actions and words from 343 Industries, I have come to genuinely believe that Halo CAN have an amazing future yet, but I do not feel confident in knowing where it will go for sure. But I'm definitely sticking around to see in the meantime. 343 is trying and has made a lot of improvement, I love Halo, and I hope the series will make the triumphant return it deserves.
content wise I think at this point and judging by halo wars 2 I think they can do a pretty good job. I'm more worried about what kind of bugs will ruin the game because so far everything they've released has been filled up with glitches that prevent you from playing the game. mcc had extremely long wait times for match making (though it's some what fixed now but it took to long to fix that) and on halo 2 in the mcc, when you play co-op on legendary and one guy dies it goes to the last checkpoint and I'm pretty sure that wasn't part of the original. then there's halo 5 which always had some new problem with every update that usually involved crazy lag or a better example would be the voices of war pack and that warzone sometimes doesn't load a match after you install it. and then halo wars 2 has had a lot of problems with players keeping their content (I'm not sure how much of that is actually 343's fault as most of the problems have involved the xbox market place but I still feel it was important to take note of.)

over all they need to fix bugs before release and dare I say have less updates or major content added unless that has also been polished before release so new bugs don't show up. if you need an extra couple years to do that then I am more than willing to wait.
Nope, I've lost much of my care for the franchise at this point. They'd have to truly make a fantastic game to get me excited again.

•Bring back the old art style
•dump the abilities
•give variety to the game

if not then I'll be around destiny and PUBG
halo 5 had plenty of variety. various new weapons and vehicles, a forge with few limits, hundreds of variations in armor (we need less or a way to organize please), 2 point of views in the campaign, various factions, potential for tons of stories from different kinds of people and species, new and different abilities, and some new game modes like warzone. but so much of it is shunned by the community that I'm pretty sure 343 will end up pressured not to try anything new or different.
I have a tiny bit of faith for halo 6 but I don't want to see the same mistakes repeated and 343 do really need to focus on making there Campaign fun, challenging and fair. The Halo 5 campaign was a disaster in my mind and the Halo 4 campaign could have been greatly improved in every aspect I can imagine and this do especially apply to enemy design and weapon design.
Nope, I've lost much of my care for the franchise at this point. They'd have to truly make a fantastic game to get me excited again.

•dump the abilities

halo 5 had plenty of variety. various new weapons and vehicles, a forge with few limits, hundreds of variations in armor (we need less or a way to organize please), 2 point of views in the campaign, various factions, potential for tons of stories from different kinds of people and species, new and different abilities, and some new game modes like warzone. but so much of it is shunned by the community that I'm pretty sure 343 will end up pressured not to try anything new or different.
The game had like 7 playlists on launch, it's the playlists I'm talking about. Furthermore the game does have more now, but even then, the game had far less compared to what any previous iteration did. In btb you had heavies, ctf, slayer, single flag, assault, etc etc and halo 5 only has 3 variations. Let's then compare H5 slayer to H3 in terms of variations. 3 had regicide, king of the hill, oddball, assault, swords, shorty/snipers, etc etc where as H5 has slayer, strongholds and ctf with assault getting added so far down the road. H5 has the most playlists(now), but game mode variety in said playlists? Not even close. Even worse that they have the modes made in forge and customs but they don't bring them to the multiplayer playlists to get played.

if the game had plenty of variety, it wouldn't have been one of the biggest complaints when it launched. Btb and forge were both delayed and then infection, assault and a few other things got added even further down the road. There was no incentive to even stick around for that stuff cause first impression means everything to me, and if it's not good then odds are I'm out.

the weapons and armor isn't much of a variety thing to me either, it's a bloated over redundant system, also partially put in place to milk warzone, a new mode that has ruined btb. You mentioned people shunning what 343 does, they do so because there's a reason. I've already given you some of mine.

1.lack of variety ON launch
2.redundant weapons and armor
3.btb getting put on the after burners because of warzone.

i could definitely do so much more too.
But I'm also honest enough to know that that's not a game anyone else would want to play. So that's why I'm puzzled that the classic Halo people haven't come to some similar realization.
I think the claim that classic Halo is "not a game anyone else would want to play" is as unreasonable as saying that classic gameplay would make Halo shoot straight to the top. There obviously is a market for the classic style, but we just have no idea how big it is.

So, why I haven't come to a similar realization about my preferences as you have about yours boils down to the fact that classic Halo was known to work in the past, and while there is no compelling evidence that the market would be as receptive to that kind of gameplay now as it was then, there's also no compelling evidence that it would be any less receptive to that than to the gameplay of Halo 5. Since Halo started to become less popular at about the same time as its gameplay started changing drastically, we have no data suggesting that classic gameplay would've been unsustainable.

Really, this is the same reason I choose not to side with the overzealous classic fans who think classic gameplay would solve all the problems Halo's been having with relevance. There's no data, so there's no point in taking a strong stance either way.

•dump the abilities

The game had like 7 playlists on launch, it's the playlists I'm talking about. Furthermore the game does have more now, but even then, the game had far less compared to what any previous iteration did. In btb you had heavies, ctf, slayer, single flag, assault, etc etc and halo 5 only has 3 variations. Let's then compare H5 slayer to H3 in terms of variations. 3 had regicide, king of the hill, oddball, assault, swords, shorty/snipers, etc etc where as H5 has slayer, strongholds and ctf with assault getting added so far down the road. H5 has the most playlists(now), but game mode variety in said playlists? Not even close. Even worse that they have the modes made in forge and customs but they don't bring them to the multiplayer playlists to get played.

if the game had plenty of variety, it wouldn't have been one of the biggest complaints when it launched. Btb and forge were both delayed and then infection, assault and a few other things got added even further down the road. There was no incentive to even stick around for that stuff cause first impression means everything to me, and if it's not good then odds are I'm out.

the weapons and armor isn't much of a variety thing to me either, it's a bloated over redundant system, also partially put in place to milk warzone, a new mode that has ruined btb. You mentioned people shunning what 343 does, they do so because there's a reason. I've already given you some of mine.

1.lack of variety ON launch
2.redundant weapons and armor
3.btb getting put on the after burners because of warzone.

i could definitely do so much more too.
you make a fair point about being launched with content. I usually just refer to the updated version but yes it was irritating when I first put in halo 5 and there was close to nothing to do. I think companies, especially 343, are just abusing the fact that they can always update things later.
3 had regicide, king of the hill, oddball, assault, swords, shorty/snipers, etc etc where as H5 has slayer, strongholds and ctf with assault getting added so far down the road.
Not taking away from all the variety Halo 3 had, but Regicide was first introduced in Halo 4. I think Halo 3 had VIP, which would later inspire Team Regicide.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not modify posts that have been edited by a moderator. Destiny has faltered in it's desire to swoop on stage and be the dominant game legend that lasts 20+ years. Trying to take the crown from Halo. If they did half of what they had planned they could have potentially taken the crown from Halo.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I cannot disagree with this more. Destiny has stolen the Crown from Halo. This last weekend I played Destiny 2..... there were 1.2 million people playing.

I have always been loyal to Halo until about three months ago. A group of us have played Halo for 10+ years together and I always told them I couldn't betray Halo and play something else. One of the guys I play regularly with was hired by Bungie about four years ago and after a few years of never playing Destiny 1, he sent me a code to download the game and expansions. I cannot put into words how much I enjoyed it, the fun, the random dumb stuff you can do, just everything. It was then I realized that it was Bungie's game development that made Halo great, not Halo itself.

I preordered D2 and couldn't be anymore happy with it. I will buy Halo 6, just because its a Halo game like I did with Halo Wars 2. But I gought HW2 and all the season passes and I played three games the day it came out and havent touched it since which is sad.

TLDR - I will get it but just dont see anyway I will be excited about it.
tsassi wrote:
But I'm also honest enough to know that that's not a game anyone else would want to play. So that's why I'm puzzled that the classic Halo people haven't come to some similar realization.
I think the claim that classic Halo is "not a game anyone else would want to play" is as unreasonable as saying that classic gameplay would make Halo shoot straight to the top. There obviously is a market for the classic style, but we just have no idea how big it is.

So, why I haven't come to a similar realization about my preferences as you have about yours boils down to the fact that classic Halo was known to work in the past, and while there is no compelling evidence that the market would be as receptive to that kind of gameplay now as it was then, there's also no compelling evidence that it would be any less receptive to that than to the gameplay of Halo 5. Since Halo started to become less popular at about the same time as its gameplay started changing drastically, we have no data suggesting that classic gameplay would've been unsustainable.

Really, this is the same reason I choose not to side with the overzealous classic fans who think classic gameplay would solve all the problems Halo's been having with relevance. There's no data, so there's no point in taking a strong stance either way.
I admire the logic of your data-driven outlook, but it doesn't feel like it's over-stepping any critical boundary to speculate. Although I have to concede that "anyone" was over-stepping on my part.

I guess that where I'm headed with this whole train of thought is... Are we fast approaching a state of affairs where everyone has strong opinions on what they want Halo to be, and is the range of opinion so wide that any real chance at concensus is slipping away? I know that I most certainly no longer accept a "one size fits all" approach to much of anything in life, and I have to wonder if Halo's population is evolving along similar lines? Hence the intransigence, the perpetual discontent, and ever-declining populations. Well, that's one possible explanation.

I think MCC could have been a tremendous source of data on the subject of the viability of classic Halo... alas. Now I wonder if Halo 3 backward compatibility is providing any worthwhile information about the kind of audience classic Halo can attract, and if it is, is it coming too late in the Halo 6 development cycle to inform the results? Even if the numbers showed a huge groundswell for Halo 3, is that proof that it can attract a new audience or only re-attract the old one? We may never know, but I hope somebody at 343 is thinking hard about it.
so, do you have faith in 343i to make halo 6 great? i do, with halo wars 2 and awakening the nightmare dlc for halo wars 2 (all fantastic btw) i believe they can make the perfect halo game in the forerunner saga. if you think otherwise leave your thoughts below. :)
Not sure. The problem is Halo 4,5 was/is a mess, they took too long to try fix MCC then they brought out Halo Wars 2 which is great but they still added micro-transactions...despite how much hate it get's then I found they were working on a VR game instead of working on Halo 3A so I'm not sure what to think anymore. I'm sure Blur could make amazing cut-scenes for them but I've yet to see them get the Halo fps games right so far, well I have my doubts about H6. Plus after being mislead about 'HuntTheTruth' well it's made it hard to have faith in 343i. I fear Halo 6 might end up being a twitch shooter like Halo 5 is but with micro-transactions again which will be used to dilute the game to try to extend it. I feel like the only reason why I have any faith at the moment is because it's seems like the flood might return in H6 and Blur Studio's work.
Noooooo. Nothing 343 has done with this franchise has impressed me one bit. Quite the oppsosite. I'll play the H6 beta "demo", but highly doubt I wont be deleting it in 20 minutes like H5.
I think MCC could have been a tremendous source of data on the subject of the viability of classic Halo... alas. Now I wonder if Halo 3 backward compatibility is providing any worthwhile information about the kind of audience classic Halo can attract, and if it is, is it coming too late in the Halo 6 development cycle to inform the results? Even if the numbers showed a huge groundswell for Halo 3, is that proof that it can attract a new audience or only re-attract the old one? We may never know, but I hope somebody at 343 is thinking hard about it.
I think rereleases of old games are inherently bad at attracting players. Those games feed purely off nostalgia of old players. Of the new players who have never played the old game, only those will be interested who are really into the franchise. On the other hand, of those who did play the original game, not everyone is so nostalgic that they'd be ready to buy the same game again. The publishers probably know this, but since remakes are likely much cheaper to produce than new games, a lot less needs to be spent on marketing, so the remake won't even reach the same audiences as a new game.

The only data I think MCC might have given would've been the relative interest in different Halo games, e.g., if given the option under equal circumstances, do players rather choose Halo 3 or 4. Of course, even here, in regards to the older games, one would have to find a way to adjust for the fact that there are more players around whose first game was Halo 3 than whose first game was Halo CE, so naturally Halo 3 will have a higher population off the bat.

When it comes to Halo 3 backwards compatability, I think that it's just hopeless. You see, the thing with backwards compatability is that if somebody suddenly gets excited about Halo 3 now and starts playing it a ton, why didn't they do so already in, say, 2011? It's not like the game has been unplayable all these years, or even without working online multiplayer like Halo 2 was for a few years. Halo 3 has been there, playable on the 360. So, I'm pretty certain that any attention Halo 3 got when it became backwards compatible is gone by now. There's was this short moment when it was brought into the conscience of some people, but at the end of the day, they didn't play it in all those years, so why would they start now?

The only way all these rereleases of old games could ever give us a clear picture about the attitude towards classic gameplay would be by either exceeding all expectations, or by totally bombing. This totally mediocre performance that surprises no one doesn't really tell us anything we didn't already expect.
"Oh ye of little faith."
Yes. Yes I do. Blind faith? Perhaps. They have MORE than enough feedback from Halo 4, MCC and 5 to make the best Halo. They know where to go right with the story, and if it turns out that they don't I'll be shocked. They know from us we don't like Spartan Abilities, but some of us like clamber, thrust, etc. They know a lot now. But...if they put all that to waste, then I'd loose some faith.
If only the community wasn't so polarized on what makes a great Halo game. You're bound to have your naysayers and specifities, but so many of us have a vision that another one doesn't have. Or some of us actually know what makes a great Halo game. Whatever the case, I'm more lacking faith that the community will come together once again, not like we did for solving Halo 5's ARG, but regarding the unity of the community and its enjoyment of playing.
STOMPDOWN wrote:
Noooooo. Nothing 343 has done with this franchise has impressed me one bit. Quite the oppsosite. I'll play the H6 beta "demo", but highly doubt I wont be deleting it in 20 minutes like H5.
Probably same with me too. I played Halo 5's beta, I think I ended up deleting it about 3 times because I tried to convince myself to like it but I just couldn't. I suspect I might do the same with H6 beta but for now I'm going to try to give it a chance when the beta comes around...I just hope 343i makes a proper Halo game instead of the twitch/flinch shooter that we got with 4/5, kind of makes the whole experience extremely stressful, just generally not fun.
I'm expecting a game with great elements, but with a lot elements that also infuriate me, like their past games. They can make a good story, as seen with Halo 4. They can make a good multiplayer, as can be seen by Halo 5 when you strip away all the unnecessary clutter. And Halo Wars 2 was, in my opinion, a great big leap in the right direction for a lot of stuff. So yes, I have faith that 343i can make a good Halo game.

However, I'm sure that the suits at Microsoft will happily destroy Halo in a hollow pursuit of money. I don't believe for a second that the passionate Halo fans at 343i are the ones who want to push all of the crap from the last two games on their fans. That is very obviously a move made by people with no connection to the franchise, who see nothing but numbers and potential cash revenues. It's the way the industry works, unfortunately, and we can only play on their terms: with money. I've done my part, I bought Halo 5 second hand because the decisions that went into making that game upset me so much that I did not want to contribute further to the franchise after such a departure from what made Halo Halo. I will be doing the same with Halo 6. I will definitely buy it, and won't wait around, either. But I'll also buy that second hand so 343i and therefore Microsoft get none of my money. Currently, they do not deserve it. Hopefully enough people vote with their wallets and make a change.
tsassi wrote:
I guess that where I'm headed with this whole train of thought is... Are we fast approaching a state of affairs where everyone has strong opinions on what they want Halo to be, and is the range of opinion so wide that any real chance at concensus is slipping away? I know that I most certainly no longer accept a "one size fits all" approach to much of anything in life, and I have to wonder if Halo's population is evolving along similar lines? Hence the intransigence, the perpetual discontent, and ever-declining populations. Well, that's one possible explanation.

I thought this was excellent and intelligently explains how most players that I know feel, while at the same time asking very good and relevant questions.
I have faith in 343 and I think faith is something this fanbase needs tbh
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5