[Locked] do you think that 343 has fixed there rep

OP Rougespartan116

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
well i think they have mostly because of halo wars two but i want to know what you think thanks for reading have a nice day.
well i think they have mostly because of halo wars two but i want to know what you think thanks for reading have a nice day.
Not completely but a decent amount.It was hard to come back from how halo 4s multiplayer was received and then they have a horrible launch with MCC and then halo 5.Now halo wars 2 is a step in the right direction,but I think they took so damn long to fix MCC and it's still not even 100 percent fixed
My friends and I have them in high regard as visual designers for character (damn I love Cortana in Halo 4) and some levels, as story tellers...well they ain't the best, but definitively not the worst, and seriously, I'll keep playing Halo games for times to come but I dunno if I'll be after collector's edition as I did, or expect new releases with the excitement I had once
I mean their failures will always be tied to their rep for me but that doesn't mean I'll abandon Halo, it's my favourite franchise. They're doing everything right recently with HW2, fixing MCC/bringing it to PC (steam nonetheless), and the Infinite engine trailer got the positive blood flowing, but those failures will always be there. All we can hope is they learn from every mistake and are better for it.
I think they have shown themselves to be a passionate group of people that wants to do good things and make people happy. They are willing to do the morally right thing and go above and beyond to correct errors they've made if they can. That's about all the positive I can say about them, and unfortunately it's not what I think matters the most in the end. In 2015 I would've said that as original game creators they struggle to respect the franchise's legacy and to do unique and interesting design, and that opinion has remained the same throughout these past four years. Until that opinion changes, I can't really say that 343i is a good game studio.
I’ll give them more a chance than I would for the cadavre that is bungie right now. I’m sure at the very least infinite will be better than 5, my only doubt being the writing.
halo is coming to pc so whatever bad rep they had before is wholly meaningless
343 dug themselves into quite a hole with H4's MP, H5's campaign, and MCC's launch. But with HW2 and the release of Reach on MCC and MCC on PC, they have been taking some major steps in the right direction. The extended lore is some of the best in the franchise's history imo, but that doesn't do enough to make up for their pitfalls in the gaming department. So I'd say they're well on their way to establishing a good rapport with their fanbase, but I'll wait to see Halo Infinite before I say they've fully redeemed themselves.
Whereas they have had many flaws and screw ups, they are still a relatively new company (Bungie still had years to grow before halo, Marathon for example) and they were handed the reigns to one of the most beloved series ever. They are showing promising signs of improvement i.e, updates for halo 5, halo wars 2 was really good, and finally fixing MCC. My final verdict will come with Infinite. If that fails as well, I will just lose hope and give up.
Part of a business is being willing to take risks, regardless of the outcome. You can't hold that against them.
I don't think 343 deserves much of what everyone says. They experimented with new concepts and storylines that I think are fascinating like A.I.s and the forerunners. The only thing I don't agree on them doing was the Hunt the Truth campaign with Guardians practically not being anything that was promised. I do, however love the steps they're taking in bringing back another Halo ring and linking the end of Halo Wars 2 to the mainline games which I hope results in a team-up in Halo Infinite which I have high hopes for.
Not yet, they need to deliver first
I don't think halo 4 was that much of a bad game, halo 5 had a lot of issues and turned it's back to the original themes of the story but they experimented with something and it didn't work out, they know this and hopefully infinite will address it no drama needed
I mean their failures will always be tied to their rep for me but that doesn't mean I'll abandon Halo, it's my favourite franchise. They're doing everything right recently with HW2, fixing MCC/bringing it to PC (steam nonetheless), and the Infinite engine trailer got the positive blood flowing, but those failures will always be there. All we can hope is they learn from every mistake and are better for it.
Just because you don't like what the current IP holder is doing with the franchise doesn't mean you left it all together. I don't watch Star Trek Discovery but that doesn't mean I have disowned Star Trek (but CBS needs to go bankrupt).

343 has been in pretty much a slump. From the mediocre H4 in which the series lost the lead in terms setting genre standards, to the disaster of halo 5, to the re-not-so-mastered MCC games, heck even HW2 with their Req system MOBA was enough to make me look the other way whenever 343 made an announcement of a new Halo product and forget that they ever existed. But I didn't need those to stay in Halo I still had my XB360 HAL0, HAL0 2, Halo 3 Halo ODST, HAL0 Reach and Halo Wars. So as far as I was concerned I don't need 343 to stick with the franchise.

Now has 343 fixed their Rep, well not entirely. But they did fix up enough to gain some recognition, but that doesn't in any way let them off the hook. 343 is going to be under the microscope for these next projects they have. Now if ReachMCC or MCC4PC ends up not doing so well that won't be the end of it but it will hurt Halo Infinite sales. However Halo Infinite will decide the company's fate if it will be the next DOOM where it takes modern mechanics but through innovation adapts them to fit the franchise, or the next Anthem where that is going to close the studio's doors as nearly all the fans of the Halo franchise will abandon 343 and Microsoft will end up closing the studio and sending the IP to more 3rd party studios.
Just because you don't like what the current IP holder is doing with the franchise doesn't mean you left it all together. I don't watch Star Trek Discovery but that doesn't mean I have disowned Star Trek (but CBS needs to go bankrupt).

343 has been in pretty much a slump. From the mediocre H4 in which the series lost the lead in terms setting genre standards, to the disaster of halo 5, to the re-not-so-mastered MCC games, heck even HW2 with their Req system MOBA was enough to make me look the other way whenever 343 made an announcement of a new Halo product and forget that they ever existed. But I didn't need those to stay in Halo I still had my XB360 HAL0, HAL0 2, Halo 3 Halo ODST, HAL0 Reach and Halo Wars. So as far as I was concerned I don't need 343 to stick with the franchise.

Now has 343 fixed their Rep, well not entirely. But they did fix up enough to gain some recognition, but that doesn't in any way let them off the hook. 343 is going to be under the microscope for these next projects they have. Now if ReachMCC or MCC4PC ends up not doing so well that won't be the end of it but it will hurt Halo Infinite sales. However Halo Infinite will decide the company's fate if it will be the next DOOM where it takes modern mechanics but through innovation adapts them to fit the franchise, or the next Anthem where that is going to close the studio's doors as nearly all the fans of the Halo franchise will abandon 343 and Microsoft will end up closing the studio and sending the IP to more 3rd party studios.
I'm very interested to see what would happen if Infinite bombed. Would they keep letting 343i try or go with someone else? They've been buying up studios so would they give one if them a go if they agreed? Or go with a third party studio, or even create another brand new one? At one point they were looking at Gearbox to continue Halo so I guess anything is possible lol My guess is they'd probably just stick with 343i but do some major re-hiring.
To clarify I don't want to see Halo Infinite bomb, Halo 4 was a disappointment sure but halo 5 was a product of its awful time and a result of Microsoft's early DRM policies for the XB1. So I wasn't so sad to see that game do terrible because in my view it was such a rapid departure of the series that shouldn't be rewarded. However now that they have made a few gestures of good will and accept that their last few games were of problems, I am willing to take a look at them and see what new products they will make. Sure it might be interesting to see how Microsoft could handle their flagship franchise without their subsidiary studio but that would require another halo 5 (or worse) and I don't want to see that. I don't hope games fail, I just hope that terrible business practices and terrible mutilations of beloved franchises are put down. Too much and for too long have companies tried to profit off of nostalgia just to turn it into a scam hollow of all creativity. For some time I have counted Halo as one of those franchises. Maybe just maybe it will be restored and the franchise treated with the respect that Bungie had left it with. We can all hope.
I think if halo 5 went back to the exact way it was year 1 or even 2 it would completely revive the community. but thats just my opinion. honestly i think the beta was the best overall experience.
343 dug themselves into quite a hole with H4's MP, H5's campaign, and MCC's launch. But with HW2 and the release of Reach on MCC and MCC on PC, they have been taking some major steps in the right direction. The extended lore is some of the best in the franchise's history imo, but that doesn't do enough to make up for their pitfalls in the gaming department. So I'd say they're well on their way to establishing a good rapport with their fanbase, but I'll wait to see Halo Infinite before I say they've fully redeemed themselves.
There have been multiple people mention in this thread about hw2, what was positive?
I think that with where they might be going with halo infinite, they can fix it, But they boosted their reputation with MCC on PC
JediEh wrote:
I think if halo 5 went back to the exact way it was year 1 or even 2 it would completely revive the community. but thats just my opinion. honestly i think the beta was the best overall experience.
The beta was the best experience because there was no Req Packs in it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5