OP Rougespartan116

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
What has Halo wars 2 done? It's sold less than the first and the majority of the halo base hasn't even played it, a spin off was never going to do anything.

343s reputation won't improve till they can show progression in their games, so far each game they put put sells less than the previous one and they're always carrying controversy with them. Fixing mcc is fine and dandy but I'm not clapping my hands when it took them what, 2? 3 years to get back to working on it. As for myself, I really won't care much about Halo untill they ditch the use of abilities, of infinite has them, it's just going to end up shelved like H4 and H5. They've got a ways to go before I'll care about their rep.
thank you all for posting all your thoughts and opinions. this has two pages my first post with two pages if you like my post consider reading my covenant history topics i have the prophets, grunts, hunters and the forgotten drones thank you again for reading and have a nice day.
Yes yes why not they deserve a chance
They wont fix their rep until they release a good, stable, halo game at launch. I don't mean to be negative, but fixing things years later is a rather slow atonement and the narrative damage of halo 5 is going to probably take more than a single game to clear up.
KineticDrop i agree but halo wars 2 from all the gameplay i have seen was a very stable game at launch but it will take time to heal from halo mcc and 5 but they seem to be heading in the right direction.
Yeah, they've made a lot of good moves in the last few years. I have hesitantly high expectations for Halo5.
KineticDrop i agree but halo wars 2 from all the gameplay i have seen was a very stable game at launch but it will take time to heal from halo mcc and 5 but they seem to be heading in the right direction.
Halo Wars 2 is both a spin off game and not really made by 343. It's an okay game I've give it that, but if they only produced Halo Wars 2 tier games I'd still consider halo a shadow of its former self.
I haven’t had too many issues with 343i. The only things I’ve disliked were: Halo 4’s multiplayer, Halo 5’s Campaign, and MCC’s launch. So it doesn’t take much for them to redeem themselves for me. I just really hope Reach coming to MCC is the boost the Halo community needs right now, and Halo: Infinite lives up to its expectations. As of right now though 343’s rep is good in my opinion.
I think they're on the verge of restoration but I still hold a ton of skepticism.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
343 dug themselves into quite a hole with H4's MP, H5's campaign, and MCC's launch. But with HW2 and the release of Reach on MCC and MCC on PC, they have been taking some major steps in the right direction. The extended lore is some of the best in the franchise's history imo, but that doesn't do enough to make up for their pitfalls in the gaming department. So I'd say they're well on their way to establishing a good rapport with their fanbase, but I'll wait to see Halo Infinite before I say they've fully redeemed themselves.
There have been multiple people mention in this thread about hw2, what was positive? Lol I have no idea dude. When the game first came out it was also a pay to win game. Jerome's leader powers were broken, and rushes seem to be unstoppable. I played Halo wars 1 for thousands of hours and was the max rank. HW2 might be better now but it sucked at first.
They have not redeemed themselves yet. As fans, we are hoping they are fixing everything and they have learned from their mistakes. However until 343 makes a completely solid game, that has no major disappointments, such as the campaign, multiplayer, paywalls, and customization; they will not have redeemed themselves yet. I would go as far as to say that if they completely bomb Halo Infinite, then they are done making Halo games. And Halo is either done, or they are going to be making a completely new studio from the ground up to make the franchise.
They have not redeemed themselves yet. As fans, we are hoping they are fixing everything and they have learned from their mistakes. However until 343 makes a completely solid game, that has no major disappointments, such as the campaign, multiplayer, paywalls, and customization; they will not have redeemed themselves yet. I would go as far as to say that if they completely bomb Halo Infinite, then they are done making Halo games. And Halo is either done, or they are going to be making a completely new studio from the ground up to make the franchise.
Well making a new studio is expensive and very risky. Having a well established IP mitigates that risk but as you see if the start up studio ends up being poor custodians that IP ends up having less value and more risk. It would be more likely that Microsoft closes the studio but they still have the IP, they could simply hire (or acquire) other 3rd party studios and task the IP to them.
343i didn't develop Halo Wars 2, so I'm not sure how it could've possibly redeemed them in your eyes.

I think that Halo: Infinite will be 343i's last possible chance to be redeemed due to 343i speaking of things that seem to be positive, but the whole "games as a service" thing has pretty much already confirmed that it'll carry a lot of Halo 5: Guardians' biggest problems. Updating Halo: The Master Chief Collection and making one great livestream with Halo 2's E3 build isn't really enough to make up for a decade of continuous failures.

If someone leaves a bag of burning dog turds on your doorstep for ten years, the path to forgiveness is a long one. Things like borderline always-online DRM, pay-to-win elements such as Halo 4's double XP promotion, lying on social media, etc. has been 343i leaving that bag on our doorsteps.
What numbers are you referring to? Halo 5 sold around 5 million copies that’s not dead. Most game launches would kill for that amount of sales
343i didn't develop Halo Wars 2, so I'm not sure how it could've possibly redeemed them in your eyes.

I think that Halo: Infinite will be 343i's last possible chance to be redeemed due to 343i speaking of things that seem to be positive, but the whole "games as a service" thing has pretty much already confirmed that it'll carry a lot of Halo 5: Guardians' biggest problems. Updating Halo: The Master Chief Collection and making one great livestream with Halo 2's E3 build isn't really enough to make up for a decade of continuous failures.

If someone leaves a bag of burning dog turds on your doorstep for ten years, the path to forgiveness is a long one. Things like borderline always-online DRM, pay-to-win elements such as Halo 4's double XP promotion, lying on social media, etc. has been 343i leaving that bag on our doorsteps.
What numbers are you referring to? Halo 5 sold around 5 million copies that’s not dead. Most game launches would kill for that amount of sales
You seem to have responded to the wrong person.

You seem to have responded to the wrong person.
Yea haha guess I’ll never find out anyway the guys been banned
No, I think Halo 4 put them at -350 and then Halo 5 brought them up +102 so, they're sitting at -248. Lets hope Infinite is +250. We aren't even counting the spin-offs or MCC.
If Infinite launches with a working Forge, the community will grow, just off of the abundance of custom games and communities that will appear because of that, but the campaign should also make up for Halo 4 and 5's sore lack of replayability.
I don't think 343 has completely cleaned their slate just yet, but they are definitely close to regaining trust from the community
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5