OP Rougespartan116

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
after some disapointmentds i forgive them mostly but they will definatley earn it all back with if they get infinite right
I don’t care how bad the games get, if it’s playable and I don’t get tired of it after five minutes, it’s good in my book. However my expectations will remain high for Halo. Campaign especially.
I don’t care how bad the games get, if it’s playable and I don’t get tired of it after five minutes, it’s good in my book. However my expectations will remain high for Halo. Campaign especially.
How can a game be both "bad" and "good in my book" at the same time? And how can you have high expectations if "it's playable" is your biggest standard?
How can a game be both "bad" and "good in my book" at the same time? And how can you have high expectations if "it's playable" is your biggest standard?
It means I’ll still play it and enjoy it for the good things about it, but in order to make it in my “great games” consideration, campaign and multiplayer must be good. Which explains why I still play Halo 5 without necessarily complaining or thinking that it’s bad, I’m just enjoying it for what it is. I’ll still play it and enjoy it, but I have high expectations for future games to be better than just “good”.
just want to mention that 343 and creative assembly did make halo wars 2 i looked it up.
also thank you all for getting me this far for one post first one to make it to 3 pages.
I would have to say that they won’t fully redeem themselves until Halo Infinite is released and it is a good game (of course like all games it will have minor bugs on release but it would be a problem if it had too many bugs or the bugs were seriouse ones). Microsoft is making huge investments into this and that combined with their reputation for screwing up Halo (343i is a puppet company of Microsoft so Microsoft ultimately calls the shots), they have very little room for error. The trailers for Infinite give me a shimmer of hope, BUT trailers are usually always different from what the end product is and we still have yet to see any gameplay so I will remain sceptical of Halo Infinite until gameplay that gives me some solid evidence of a good game. Also this tactic that big gaming companies are using with releasing games that are “complete” (in reality they are bare bones) and promising free updates to “expand” the game is unacceptable, but especially for if this is used with Infinite because these are already shaky grounds ready for a landslide and something like that alone could be the final nail in the coffin let alone the VERY controversial Req system added to that.
i head that there was not going to be a monetization system.
I believe they've fixed their reputation by going back and fixing The Master Chief Collection which had the worst launch I had ever seen. The fact that they went back and fixed a game that released several years ago, speaks volumes. Oh by the way, they did that while working on Halo Wars 2, Halo Infinite, and Halo Outpost Discovery. I never thought 343 Industries had a bad rep but they did make mistakes. All companies do at one point in time. Every series has it's up's and down's as well. I'm looking forward to what 343 has in store for us in the coming years.
343 made Halo 4 and 5 and screwed up the original MCC launch which at the time was the easiest job in the whole industry, so absolutely not. But, having all these studios being involved with Halo Wars 2, MCC for PC and new content for both in the future. They are on the road to redemption, forgiveness needs to be earned and if they do this right and keep it up, they've earned it.
I believe they've fixed their reputation by going back and fixing The Master Chief Collection which had the worst launch I had ever seen. The fact that they went back and fixed a game that released several years ago, speaks volumes. Oh by the way, they did that while working on Halo Wars 2, Halo Infinite, and Halo Outpost Discovery. I never thought 343 Industries had a bad rep but they did make mistakes. All companies do at one point in time. Every series has it's up's and down's as well. I'm looking forward to what 343 has in store for us in the coming years.
You CANNOT start your development career as a development studio (puppet studio of Microsoft so 343i gets all the blame) with the single most popular game series (at the time), screw it all up (except the story for Halo 4 was pretty decent), and then go into the gaming world with an untarnished reputation. That is like saying “Hey this guy shot the victim in the foot and there were multiple witnesses, but let’s just let him go and leave his record spotless.”
You CANNOT start your development career as a development studio (puppet studio of Microsoft so 343i gets all the blame) with the single most popular game series (at the time), screw it all up (except the story for Halo 4 was pretty decent), and then go into the gaming world with an untarnished reputation. That is like saying “Hey this guy shot the victim in the foot and there were multiple witnesses, but let’s just let him go and leave his record spotless.”
I agree with this, and though I am certainly not a fan of 343i personally, if they can actually fix MCC, get MCC out to the PC, continue to keep the Halo 5 playlists relatively fresh, and release Halo Infinite when it is ready to be released (Not when their deadline says it needs to be out), then they will have repaired most of their reputation (Again, most, not all). It does not absolve them of their past mistakes, or how they treated long time fans of the series, but its a step in the right direction. As the community for this game, we should hope that 343i succeeds with Halo Infinite, and brings the Halo community a solid entry into the series.
This is a little difficult for me to answer, in that I left the Xbox community about a month in the Xbox One's release - I'd had enough.

Halo 4, to me, was both the finest example of 343i's commitment to Halo's plot, but a short step back in regards to its "evolution" of Halo's multiplayer. I never even finished Halo 5, and that's coming from someone who has literally read almost every Halo novel and lore book in existence, that's how bad it's plot was.
However, Halo 5's actually gameplay was some of the best console gaming had ever seen, by a large margin. It was a sign that 343i was gradually learning.

The Masterchief collection was a disaster. I'd long since left the Xbox community, leaving to PC, so I watched from afar as Halo became a mockery of it. This was 343i's worst time. It took them 2 years to drag themselves out of that mess - again, another harsh lesson.

Halo Wars 2, I must admit I didn't play this one (not on Steam). But I did hear very good things in regards to both its story and its gameplay. Things are looking up!

Halo MCC's release on PC. This is where I'm preparing myself to enter the fandom again. So far, 343i's intentions to creating a longlasting IP seem to be genuine, so I remain cautiously optimistic!

So yeah, 343i, to me, still needs 'that game' yet. Given my own personal contempt for some of 343i's staff (Frank O' Connor), I will remain only optimistic for Halo Infinite's future.
I completely fell off after Halo 5, I started falling off after Halo 4 because the game just felt really repetitive and mediocre. But the anniversary updates for Halo 1 and 2 were amazing! So to me the company can make amazing visuals, I just really believe they had a rocky start in the Halo franchise picking up after Halo 3! Now with Infinite coming out, I am more hyped than I was before Halo 4! MCC adding Reach with 60fps to steam was just the cherry on top of the cake for me! So I guess they have in my eyes! They saw what they were doing wrong and are now trying to fix it! If they actually pull it off they will have completely restored my view on them as a company! And I am certain they will!
Kind of but there's still room for improvement. I just hope they actually listen to the fans, you know the ones paying for the game, and pay attention to what players would like to see change for the next Halo game.

-GoGoGadgetHero
I agree with this, and though I am certainly not a fan of 343i personally, if they can actually fix MCC, get MCC out to the PC, continue to keep the Halo 5 playlists relatively fresh, and release Halo Infinite when it is ready to be released (Not when their deadline says it needs to be out), then they will have repaired most of their reputation (Again, most, not all). It does not absolve them of their past mistakes, or how they treated long time fans of the series, but its a step in the right direction. As the community for this game, we should hope that 343i succeeds with Halo Infinite, and brings the Halo community a solid entry into the series.
Yes they can definitely fix most of their reputation but as with most things people are remembered for biggest mistakes and not for their accomplishments (which for 343i was really only Halo 4’s story since Halo Wars 2 didn’t sell as well as Halo Wars 1), but we MUST not let 343i (Microsoft) forget about their mistakes and how it affected their reputation and profits (that seems to be just about the only thing that gets their attention now is profits decreasing) so that they don’t mess up again because like with history if it is forgotten than it is doomed to be repeated.
Yes they can definitely fix most of their reputation but as with most things people are remembered for biggest mistakes and not for their accomplishments (which for 343i was really only Halo 4’s story since Halo Wars 2 didn’t sell as well as Halo Wars 1), but we MUST not let 343i (Microsoft) forget about their mistakes and how it affected their reputation and profits (that seems to be just about the only thing that gets their attention now is profits decreasing) so that they don’t mess up again because like with history if it is forgotten than it is doomed to be repeated.
I agree with this as well. However, like we as the community should not allow them to forget their mistakes (and punish them accordingly if they repeat them), we shouldn't punish them if they do something correct. Halo Infinite is looking (again, looking) to be an improvement, and should it come to be that Halo Infinite is everything the community has been requesting and more (Old armor styles, reach style graphics and armor customization, back on a Halo, the Flood, Playable elites, *add the communities wishlist here*), then we should support them. If we punish them just because we are upset with their past mistakes, then they are more likely to continue to "Innovate" Halo, perhaps resulting in straying further from the Halo games we grew up playing (Halo 1-3 were great, although I am a huge fan of Reach and ODST. Halo 4 and 5 made many changes that I personally didn't enjoy, but that's for a different thread).

(Please note that I know this is basically what you said GoldenBomber32, but I wanted to also play a little devils advocate here)
I agree with this as well. However, like we as the community should not allow them to forget their mistakes (and punish them accordingly if they repeat them), we shouldn't punish them if they do something correct. Halo Infinite is looking (again, looking) to be an improvement, and should it come to be that Halo Infinite is everything the community has been requesting and more (Old armor styles, reach style graphics and armor customization, back on a Halo, the Flood, Playable elites, *add the communities wishlist here*), then we should support them. If we punish them just because we are upset with their past mistakes, then they are more likely to continue to "Innovate" Halo, perhaps resulting in straying further from the Halo games we grew up playing (Halo 1-3 were great, although I am a huge fan of Reach and ODST. Halo 4 and 5 made many changes that I personally didn't enjoy, but that's for a different thread).

(Please note that I know this is basically what you said GoldenBomber32, but I wanted to also play a little devils advocate here)
You’re correct. We should not let them forget their past failures so they can always avoid them in the future but also give them credit when they do something right to tell them that they are on the right track. You have good points.
Kind of, 343 has done amazing work with MCC and I think that's led to them gaining some good reputation. Halo Infinite is going to be the determining factor in 343's reputation. Time will tell.
Not yet, but they've done huge steps to making it better. I was planning to do an exactly thread like this, but only with the release of Halo Infinite.
First of all, I think they now have full capacity and vision to build Halo. I think Microsoft really made things difficult for them during the past years.
Second, they are being more transparent than ever before. Bonnie Ross and the rest of the team is really speaking as persons and not as a corporation. They've addressed the problems they faced with Halo MCC and the Halo lore outside the games, they did not quite explained Halo 5's story development, but they are being much more opened to the fans.
Last but not least, they are easily hitting the fans hard with nostalgia, which is all what they want anyway. 343 is coming back to praise the old games, they are visually returning to Halo used to look like in the past and they are commited to fix MCC and make the fans feel the spirit of the old games back with Infinite. Most of this is result of pages and pages of long debates about Halo's direction in this forums and thousands of discussions surrounding the feel of Halo. 343 is looking at feedback of the fans and leeting them being in control of the Halo's vision more than 343 itself.

For now, they are getting their reputation back up and the respect of the fans as the company who is making Halo for the better and not destroying it, but their final trial is Halo Infinite. There will be complaints about the game that's is for sure, because the Halo community is so vast and complex and they all see Halo in different perspectives, but if the game do well, then we can finally say if they are the Halo makers we all dreamed of.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5