OP Rougespartan116

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
No. And infinite is their last chance.
thank you all for checking my post you again i am just amazed that i got this many replies for one post.
Please try not to bump your thread. It's understandable that you're excited, but you shouldn't post in your own thread (or as a matter of fact, any thread) unless you have something meaningful to add to the discussion.
Not entirely. Like they've gotten a good portion of it back with how they've been handling MCC lately, but I think most people are kinda skeptical of whether or not 343 can make a good Halo game on their own with how Halo 4 and 5 went. On top of that, the whole lootbox thing in Halo 5 makes me a bit worried that they might try to do something like that in the future.
What will REALLY determine whether or not 343 gets their goodwill back is how well Halo Infinite goes.
EmiDidact wrote:
EmiDidact wrote:
Hard to say, I just really hope they don't mess up MCC on PC, maybe since they are going to release each part of it gradually, it'll be easier to address technical issues instead of letting us down.
I am very excited to have an enthusiastic community again. It has not been the same since Halo 3 and Reach. I just want everyone to make machinima again, and make no scope songs lol. Is that too much to ask?
Well with the past two mainline Halo games it is easy to see why the Halo community hasn’t been the same but Halo Infinite looks like it could very well be Halo again and revive the whole community and possible even bring back a good portion of the Halo players that left at Halo 4 and 5, but what we are see COULD be too good to be true but only time will tell and HOPEFULLY Halo Infinite will be as good as it is looking and 343i will finally pull through (it looks to me like 343i has finally found what they in themselves as a company to make as true Halo game and from what I’ve been hearing this could be the biggest and most expensive game project ever so if this fails which I’m hoping against than that would be the end of Halo and severely damage Microsoft) so I am keeping faith in 343i now that they seem to have found what it takes to make a Halo game and I really want to preorder Halo Infinite but apparently I can’t since I am an American and apparently Europe and Australia come before America instead of at the same time as America (WHY NOT JUST LET IT COME OUT AT THE SAME TIME FOR EVERYONE?!?!).
I honestly do not know if I'm going to play Infinite since I'm more of a lore buff than a multiplayer maniac (lol that was the only word I could think of that goes with it) I actually liked Halo 4 but not 5. I remember the days that made me leave the community with the toxicity of people talking -Yoink- on MCC for its multiplayer not working. I on the other hand bought it so I could play it in chronological order for the first time and had a few bugs here and there but not enough to make me rage quit. Sometimes even Halo 5 to some extent would get -Yoink- thrown at it and I mean no hate to it when I say that. I am really looking forward to MCC's release on PC as well as I hope that will make up for mistakes 343i has made. I haven't preordered any game since MCC but I'm okay with that, and good question, they SHOULD make it released for everyone all at once, I'm in Canada so yeah,

My one concern for both new games is any company wants to make sure the game comes out good, but the publishers give them a deadline, and they have to rush to meet it which results in the game coming out with more issues than it should have. We really don't need that again.
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
For the longest time I resented 343. Ever since I finished Halo 4 to be exact. But recently I've come to understand that even if I absolutely despise many of the changes they made, if all I ever do is complain about it and refuse to support 343 then all I will accomplish is to doom Halo for the future. Another thing I have noticed is that atleast 343 is still trying. Where as bungie gave up on Halo to pursue destiny. (Funny how that didn't turn out too well for them) The fact that Halo insider even exists shows that 343 is trying to fix themselves. The vast majority of Halo fans I have seen on this forum and on youtube want the original Halo style and gameplay back. And from the rumors about Halo Infinite to the trailer and the way 343 has been paying so much attention to the MCC and are now putting it on STEAM for PC players I would say that they are trying to return Halo to it's roots and undo the mistakes they have made. Which brings me much hope for the future and has given me a new found respect for 343. The greatest game franchise ever may finally be making a comeback!
I’ve never had a problem with 343. I think they’ve done a great job with the universe and have been great to the fans....and about making mistakes right. MCC did start off rough...but they gave many off us early purchasers ODST free for the trouble and stuck with making it right. I love MCC and am waiting for Reach! I think you have to consider the effort it must take in making the last several years work after something has been around a while. 343 has been creative at keeping it going...they’ve really grown the universe and lore....and now they are giving us what looks like a cool retro H6! Looking at what Bungie has done with Destiny, I’m thankful 343 is at the wheel.
Well. 343i sure made their share of mistakes along the way (like the microtransactions and all that) but I never had them in a bad regard. I liked what they did in Halo 4, wasn't so glad with Halo 5
But I always saw them as a capable group of people to make the game. Nice to see their rep is getting better. Slowly, but better.
I think their rep is way past "fixed" and starting to be "respected".
Kawandroid wrote:
Not entirely. Like they've gotten a good portion of it back with how they've been handling MCC lately, but I think most people are kinda skeptical of whether or not 343 can make a good Halo game on their own with how Halo 4 and 5 went. On top of that, the whole lootbox thing in Halo 5 makes me a bit worried that they might try to do something like that in the future.
What will REALLY determine whether or not 343 gets their goodwill back is how well Halo Infinite goes.
Personally, I think the truly dedicated halo fans should be able to recognize the merits of both Halo 4 and Halo 5. I'm not saying either are perfect games, but you can see how close 343 was to making a really good game, especially with Halo 4. Halo 4 has everything. The movement is silky smooth. All the weapons feel great to use and aiming feels accurate. The matchmaking level design was actually really good, and the campaign is my 2nd favorite campaign behind CE. Where Halo 4 went wrong was with the randomness of drops, personal ordnance, and highly questionable abilities added. Jetpacks and promethean vision have no place in a game where map movement and flow is valued. Both of those abilities completely break map design and make any strategic movement completely pointless. Hey look, I'll just look through walls and fly over every obstacle. No point in even playing. If 343 had avoided the random nonsense, and removed jetpacks and promethean vision, I truly believe Halo 4 would have been more successful than Halo 3. Which means 343 made a great game, but sabotaged themselves with some poor game-play decisions.

Halo 5, excluding the campaign (which most people agree is the worst of all the Halo games), has some really good matchmaking. Combat feels good, the arena shooter feel is truly alive in Halo 5. Alas, i believe that there are one too many abilities to maintain, which requires the use of a controller with paddles to be competitive. This should not be, and only deters newcomers to the game. Halo 5 has an extremely high learning curve. Top that off with 343's decision to only re-invent existing matchmaking maps instead of designing new maps from the ground up, and also their resistance to introducing new forge maps into competitive play (I think for the longest time it was only Pegasus when there were some truly epic forge made maps by fans) - really hurt the player population. Perhaps even more egregious was 343's decision to put BTB on the back burner. Sure, warzone is cool and can be fun, but only having forge maps in BTB and 343's refusal to remove BR/DMR starts from the game turned BTB into a long range ping-fest with diminishing interest in the playlist.

If 343 can take what is good from both Halo 4 and Halo 5, and learn from their mistakes, Halo Infinite should be pretty good.

I don't know why anyone would be concerned about loot boxes. Halo 5 had microtransations, but they only affected warzone, which I believe was supposed to have a more arcade-y feel to it. BTB, and regular matchmaking were not affected by MT's.
To be fair, I don't think they really effected their reputation as much as people thought.

Not like EA and BioWear did for the mess they made of both Mass Effect Andromeda and Anthem.

Yes, people didn't like the direction Halo 4 took - but the game was complete. We got a good thorougher game with good multiplayer, game types, customisation and extra DLC in the form of Spartan Ops. Everything was there for the game to be enjoyed and played as intended.

As for Halo 5, well without getting into it too much, people certainly did not like the direction of the game, or the new mechanics. But the game was supported for more than a year after launch with ongoing content drops, updates, maps, community maps, armour, skins and new game modes.

The one thing that sets apart 343 from many studios is that they listen, and tell us that they are listening. Every time the community has been passionate about something or have had big issues, 343 have listened and told us that they are working to fix it, or make things better. Look at what they are doing with Halo 6, it is what the community wanted, and what 343 said they where going to do.

At least we have a studio that cares. Look at Battlefront 2, and all the bad reception that got. Only now, after more than a year of the game coming out, have the studio finally decided to give the players what they want, and make decent updates to the game.

343 listen and try to make the game(s) better for the community, and personally, I never lost faith in them at all.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Kawandroid wrote:
Personally, I think the truly dedicated halo fans should be able to recognize the merits of both Halo 4 and Halo 5. I'm not saying either are perfect games, but you can see how close 343 was to making a really good game, especially with Halo 4. Halo 4 has everything. The movement is silky smooth. All the weapons feel great to use and aiming feels accurate. The matchmaking level design was actually really good, and the campaign is my 2nd favorite campaign behind CE. Where Halo 4 went wrong was with the randomness of drops, personal ordnance, and highly questionable abilities added. Jetpacks and promethean vision have no place in a game where map movement and flow is valued. Both of those abilities completely break map design and make any strategic movement completely pointless. Hey look, I'll just look through walls and fly over every obstacle. No point in even playing. If 343 had avoided the random nonsense, and removed jetpacks and promethean vision, I truly believe Halo 4 would have been more successful than Halo 3. Which means 343 made a great game, but sabotaged themselves with some poor game-play decisions.

Halo 5, excluding the campaign (which most people agree is the worst of all the Halo games), has some really good matchmaking. Combat feels good, the arena shooter feel is truly alive in Halo 5. Alas, i believe that there are one too many abilities to maintain, which requires the use of a controller with paddles to be competitive. This should not be, and only deters newcomers to the game. Halo 5 has an extremely high learning curve. Top that off with 343's decision to only re-invent existing matchmaking maps instead of designing new maps from the ground up, and also their resistance to introducing new forge maps into competitive play (I think for the longest time it was only Pegasus when there were some truly epic forge made maps by fans) - really hurt the player population. Perhaps even more egregious was 343's decision to put BTB on the back burner. Sure, warzone is cool and can be fun, but only having forge maps in BTB and 343's refusal to remove BR/DMR starts from the game turned BTB into a long range ping-fest with diminishing interest in the playlist.

If 343 can take what is good from both Halo 4 and Halo 5, and learn from their mistakes, Halo Infinite should be pretty good.

I don't know why anyone would be concerned about loot boxes. Halo 5 had microtransations, but they only affected warzone, which I believe was supposed to have a more arcade-y feel to it. BTB, and regular matchmaking were not affected by MT's.
Halo 5's multiplayer would have been incredible, if it was not a halo game. That type of movement, and ability does not belong in a halo game. Jet packs are fine, armor lock is fine, ground pound is not; clambering IS DEFINITELY NOT. Clamber is actually the reason Halo 5s multiplayer is so terrible. Because people can come from anywhere. I agree with you, I think Halo 4 was not that bad. I actually enjoyed it for a while. But let me tell you the maps were pretty bad. Also in every other halo game everyone spawns with BRs/DMRs so that shouldnt have been an issue.
Yeah I stopped reading after you said clambering is not okay but armor lock and jetpacks are. You realize jetpacks allow for people to go anywhere more than clambering ever did? Jetpacks completely break map design. Clambering just means you need to watch your back. Not hide as people fly around and rain terror from above the whole game. And armor lock? Lol
Kawandroid wrote:
Personally, I think the truly dedicated halo fans should be able to recognize the merits of both Halo 4 and Halo 5.
I don't think that necessarily matters. Dedicated fans of ANYTHING are gonna look at the franchise with rose colored lenses until they take a severe drop in quality. Minor drops that turn people who aren't dedicated, though, will effect the game's image with people who just like video games in general.
Quote:
Jetpacks and promethean vision have no place in a game where map movement and flow is valued. Both of those abilities completely break map design and make any strategic movement completely pointless.
Okay, hot take: I don't think the jetpacks were a bad addition. I don't remember how they worked in 4, but in Reach they were fun af. I'm also someone that likes pulling games apart and seeing what makes them tick though, so I'm kinda biased on that front. It was limited enough though that I don't think it broke the game too much though. If you flew up, you were vulnerable to being shot dowon by the entire enemy team. Not much better than running straight down the center of blood gulch. There's still strategy involved. It just gives you more ways to skin that proverbial cat.
Promethian vision though... I'll admit, that was dumb. Most games ban wallhacks for a reason, and Halo 4 just gave one out as an item.
Quote:
I think my position on microtransactions might be considered a little extreme by the standard most people are used to. It used to be the standard, that if you bought a game, you owned that full game. You didn't have parts of it locked behind a slot machine, not even cosmetics. And the only thing you payed for on top of the game itself, was expansions on the gameplay itself. New maps, expansion packs, etc. And when you payed for something, you knew what you were buying. That's all been changing for the past decade or so, as cynical greedy -Yoinks!- have been trying to push the overton window in their favor. The more companies that stand against that, the better.
Halo is about map design, strategic movement and map control. Jetpacks toss all that of out the window. So either you want halo or you want a jetpack game. Cant have both. I used to use the jetpack in reach. It was op. Full teams all flying up in the air and team shooting players. Not fun. Not Halo. End of story. People love to blame 343 for ruining halo when all 343 did was try and continue what Bungie had already started. Blame Bungie not 343.
Halo is about map design, strategic movement and map control. Jetpacks toss all that of out the window. So either you want halo or you want a jetpack game. Cant have both. I used to use the jetpack in reach. It was op. Full teams all flying up in the air and team shooting players. Not fun. Not Halo. End of story. People love to blame 343 for ruining halo when all 343 did was try and continue what Bungie had already started. Blame Bungie not 343.
Ha Ha Ha *sarcasm*. All Bungie was doing was testing the waters for something new with Halo and if they had stayed on for Halo then they would’ve likely made things right (their biggest mistake was leaving Microsoft for Destiny and then accept the offer to be bought out by Activision which destroyed Bungie possibly forever). 343i on the other had had continued on the jetpack design which obviously had a bad perception and all on their own decided to make Promethean vision which was another HUGE mistake, and almost COMPLETELY change the whole design of Halo in Halo 4 which got a HORRIBLE reception (-Yoinking- nanobots) AND to top that off they changed it EVEN FURTHER in Halo 5 which made it seem as though they didn’t care about the opinion of the major majority of the Halo community. NOW 343i seems to be listening and trying to fix what they have done, BUT it has take TWO ENTIRE HALO GAMES for them to start fixing things. Now Bungie wasn’t perfect but their reputation when it comes to Halo and what they have done with it is FAR better than 343i’s and they did try to fix things in Reach before they left and 343i took over and were obviously trying to show that they were testing the waters unlike 343i whom changed almost everything and thought everyone would be fine with it. I do not praise Bungie for their work BUT I DO NOT give any credit to 343i where it is not due and the gameplay for Halo 5 was great for a game that isn’t Halo (clamber is better to have than jetpack but the other features like the boosters, Spartan Charge and Ground Pound are not the best to have in a Halo game). The idea of having multiple characters that you could play was great, but ended up making a bad story in the campaign with so many main characters (not to mention could’ve been a great feature with split-screen). In short people like you think that people should blame Bungie instead of 343i but Bungie ONLY HAD REACH, while 343i had since THE BEGINNING of their Halo development career started screwing up Halo AND NEVER TRIED TO FIX ANYTHING that the fans strongly disliked like fixing the art style for Halo 5, and while Halo Reach’s art style was different it still respected the classic design. Bungie messed up ONCE, while 343i screwed up with BOTH of the mainline Halo games since they have taken over and while yes they do seem to be doing things right in Halo Infinite, it took two whole games and seeming to ignore fans for all of Halo 4 and the beginning of Halo 5 to get there. If Bungie deserves any blame than 343i deserves the same if not more.
Okay this is going off the rails so I think it's run it's course.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5