Forums / Community / General Discussion

Do you think the pros know what best for Halo?

OP AHandfulOfBeans

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle.
I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle.
Same I think the community should decide the majority as it's made for us but the pros should still get "some" input
Nope, nope and nope.
It seems as though if 343 Caters too much to the pros, future Halo titles will be too sweaty like Halo 5. If they cater too much to the casuals, Halo will be as casual as Halo 4. What do you guys think?
The pros know what’s best for them, not the casuals. And you know what really grinds my gears? When pro players say that because they’ve played more Halo then the casuals have slept, that their opinions are more valid. Their prize money comes from the Req packs, and guess who buys those packs? People who have money to spend or want to support a HCS team. Sorry if I sound mad, but I’m tired of pros thinking they’re the top of the community hierarchy.
It seems as though if 343 Caters too much to the pros, future Halo titles will be too sweaty like Halo 5. If they cater too much to the casuals, Halo will be as casual as Halo 4. What do you guys think?
seeing how 343 has pro input that they completely ignore, id say no.
When pro players say that because they’ve played more Halo then the casuals have slept, that their opinions are more valid. Their prize money comes from the Req packs, and guess who buys those packs? People who have money to spend or want to support a HCS team.
In their defense, the pros didn't ask 343 to add a portion of the REQ pack money to their HCS prize pool. I think casuals and pros opinions are valid as long as they know what they're talking about. A casual's opinion about map balance when they don't know what a spawn point is; is probably not gonna hold much weight over a pro's opinion.
Im guessing you guys have watched Greenskuls Video of it but if not or you just want to watch it again or people who have not seen em the first video is from Greenskulls "Listen 343" Listen 343(Greenskulls Video) and the second one if from another great Youtuber that critizes Halo for the better"Gamer Jlee" here is his recent vid:
"What is Best For Halo(Gamer Jlee)
After watching these vids I agree somewhat with Greenskulls but more with Jlee
343i just needs to have complete separate playlist for each group and I think they do a good job with that with the introduction of warzone, but for arena pros should have there own HCS playlist and casuals should stay in social
Honestly speaking, it's all a bunch of mumbo-jumbo $@#(&! when it comes to this stuff. The self-entitlement of pros who claim to have played Halo more than anyone else and think their opinion overrules everything else is plain ridiculous. There has to be a medium where both pros and casuals can agree on without citing too much friction between them.

Bonus: Aozolai's opinions on pros and casuals in Halo
Pros should be allowed to have a huge say so in the competitive playlist (HCS). However, they should design the social slayer playlist to cater to the casuals.
Halo can be and Should be for BOTH competitive players and for casuals.Once again Halo 3 nailed it perfectly as we all know.Just watched WPNS GRADE vid on it and hes right,it should be for both,not exlcusievely for either: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eekI5Msrrs
The pro's don't know what's best for Halo. Any professional who does, is foolish. Bungie did things right be catering to all gamers. They knew of the competitive/professional scene and provided a playlist and updates for their events/tournaments but focus was on the general population. Bringing gamers back every weekend to continue playing. Releasing quality content and achievements with DLC. 343 focuses far too much on the competitive scene and, I feel, continues to alienate the Halo Community that doesn't fall under the "competitive" category
The pro's don't know what's best for Halo. Any professional who does, is foolish. Bungie did things right be catering to all gamers. They knew of the competitive/professional scene and provided a playlist and updates for their events/tournaments but focus was on the general population. Bringing gamers back every weekend to continue playing. Releasing quality content and achievements with DLC. 343 focuses far too much on the competitive scene and, I feel, continues to alienate the Halo Community that doesn't fall under the "competitive" category
By quality content in DLC, I assume you're referring to Map packs (the DLC model of all Halos before the REQ system)? There were many who did not like map packs because of how they split the player base. Those who didn't purchase the packs were locked out of certain popular playlists that got the new maps put into rotation.
Chimera30 wrote:
By quality content in DLC, I assume you're referring to Map packs (the DLC model of all Halos before the REQ system)? There were many who did not like map packs because of how they split the player base. Those who didn't purchase the packs were locked out of certain popular playlists that got the new maps put into rotation.
I am referring to the Map packs. The map packs sure seemed to work fine up until the late stages in Halo Reach. Bungie would have a playlist dedicated to the new maps then took it down after some time making the newer achievements almost impossible to earn. I never heard complaints about the map packs. They were a small price to pay for great, high quality and it kept players coming back and had them stay for a while too. Remember the hunt for Recon? Earning those achievements and earning 7 EXP on Cold Storage? I think the old Map Packs worked much better than the current REQ system.
Chimera30 wrote:
I am referring to the Map packs. The map packs sure seemed to work fine up until the late stages in Halo Reach. Bungie would have a playlist dedicated to the new maps then took it down after some time making the newer achievements almost impossible to earn. I never heard complaints about the map packs. They were a small price to pay for great, high quality and it kept players coming back and had them stay for a while too. Remember the hunt for Recon? Earning those achievements and earning 7 EXP on Cold Storage? I think the old Map Packs worked much better than the current REQ system.
You don't get maps in REQ packs.....
One thing I never understood about the casual and pro divide in Halo is that 343 never seems to acknowledge it. You're owned by M$ for crying out loud. You should have enough resources to have two separate playlist teams that cater to both sides of the divide. How this is not accomplished never ceases to amaze me.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Chimera30 wrote:
No, you don't, but the quality of content we got from the Map Packs was better than free maps and everything else tossed into a REQ system
Chimera30 wrote:
No, you don't, but the quality of content we got from the Map Packs was better than free maps and everything else tossed into a REQ system
I don't think there's the cause and effect relationship you're reaching for here.....
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3