Forums / Community / General Discussion

Emile and Kat in gears of war, what about Jorge?

OP SureCactus38419

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello, I was partly watching and partly listening to gameplay from the Gears of War ultimate edition which had Emile and Kat in it, they both have a special ability in that game. (Emile’s is a dropshield I have yet to see what Kat’s is or if she has one although I tried to find out what it was.) and it made me think about Jorge. I believe if he was in the game his ultimate ability would be to either detonate a nuke or the Slip space drive he detonated on the covenant carrier and its effect should be like the tactical nuke from Modern Warfare 2 and just end the game. I just thought that’d be hilarious to see.
Kat’s is special ability is hologram.
Or why not all of them?
Or why not all of them?
Probably because that's just too many characters from one game. There are other characters from other franchises as well (I think Sarah Connor from Terminator is in there too).

As far as an ability for Jorge, I think having some sort of invincibility special ability would be appropriate for him.
Or why not all of them?
Probably because that's just too many characters from one game. There are other characters from other franchises as well (I think Sarah Connor from Terminator is in there too).

As far as an ability for Jorge, I think having some sort of invincibility special ability would be appropriate for him.
I just picture him in multiplayer ruining the game for everyone by a game ending ability lol.
I'd argue that Jun would be a better 3rd candidate, and I can imagine his special ability being something that improves his aim, vastly improving bullet magnetism and scoring headshots much more often.
Still, there aren't many more characters because this isn't Halo Reach. This is Gears. Kat and Emile not only are perfect candidates but are more than enough. I'm happy with how they play and I especially love beating the hell out of a Swarm troop through Execution with pistols when playing as Emile. Punching those -Yoinks!- until they're a puddle of blood and Emile just saying "Who's next?!"
I'd like to think that since we got Emile and Kat that we'll see other Spartans join the fight over the course of the next 12 months. The possibilities are endless on who else could be making an appearance in Gears 5.
I'd argue that Jun would be a better 3rd candidate, and I can imagine his special ability being something that improves his aim, vastly improving bullet magnetism and scoring headshots much more often.
Still, there aren't many more characters because this isn't Halo Reach. This is Gears. Kat and Emile not only are perfect candidates but are more than enough. I'm happy with how they play and I especially love beating the hell out of a Swarm troop through Execution with pistols when playing as Emile. Punching those -Yoinks!- until they're a puddle of blood and Emile just saying "Who's next?!"
Kinda like Fahz's in Horde maybe, where you can see enemies through walls and shoot them through them too?
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Kinda like Fahz's in Horde maybe, where you can see enemies through walls and shoot them through them too?
Nope. The ability would essentially almost make you look like you're hacking, with near-perfect headshots, regardless of weapons. The ability would last very briefly but would essentially give you a feeling that you're aiming like a Spartan, especially someone like Jun.
Or why not all of them?
I'm agree with you
Forget Jorge!
What about noble 6!?
Nope. The ability would essentially almost make you look like you're hacking, with near-perfect headshots, regardless of weapons. The ability would last very briefly but would essentially give you a feeling that you're aiming like a Spartan, especially someone like Jun.
That also already exists; thats Marcus's ultimate.
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Welp, my bad then lol.
Then I'm struggling with coming up with an unique ability that could suit his profile as a headhunter. Kait already has camo, Kat has Hologram. Perhaps an adaptive camo? One which blends you in almost perfectly with the environment?
Welp, my bad then lol.
Then I'm struggling with coming up with an unique ability that could suit his profile as a headhunter. Kait already has camo, Kat has Hologram. Perhaps an adaptive camo? One which blends you in almost perfectly with the environment?
Basically Kait's camo really.
I'd say...when his ultimate is up he can mark multiple enemies and they all take increased damage. I dont think I've seen that as an ultimate yet.
And if HE sinks the kill then enemies around them become stunned for like five seconds.
Welp, my bad then lol.
Basically Kait's camo really.
I'd say...when his ultimate is up he can mark multiple enemies and they all take increased damage. I dont think I've seen that as an ultimate yet.
And if HE sinks the kill then enemies around them become stunned for like five seconds.
Kait's camo (tries to) make her invisible. By adaptive camouflage, I mean that the armor colors essentially change quickly to match the environment. Some of your parts, such as your visor would remain unchanged, but not enough to ruin your camo. Still, I may be confusing these camo concepts, as I've gotten quite a bit too used to Halo's ACTIVE camo. By all means, Gears' camo tech (refering to Kait's) could be "Adaptive" and not "Active".
Anyway, your "Marking" Ultimate surely sounds like a better idea, but quite similar to JD's Ultimate (which has you target someone so you airstrike can be called). I'm liking that marking concept, but right now, I'm not in the right mindset to really come up with something.

EDIT: Or, instead of a marking mechanic, I just thought of a "golden bullet" concept, which turns a bullet to insta-kill (except bosses). In Escape, it'd be very useful against Wardens and Flocks. In Horde, it'd do a ludicrous amount of damage to bosses, but still enough to make it worth it. It'd be best used on Longshots, Boomshots, weapons which have reduced clip sizes.
Forget Jorge!
What about noble 6!?
What would his special ability be? lol it's said "he's made entire militia groups disappear" so his ability will just make the enemy team die and their bodies disappear for no reason.
It looks like anything can be in Gears 5, literally anything. Gears 4 seemed to have an issue with the hit boxes - so each player had to be the same height and size. Looks they have fixed this issue now. I think they go by demand, so if enough people ask for Jorge, they might add him in.
Why not noble six, he can have a stealthy or a special wolf power or something ability?
Because there would be too many from one game
The chonk with the chonks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2