OP StickyBM

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Hello everybody!
I've recently started playing through the Halo games again- since I haven't done it since I was a kid and playing on the og Xbox and PC!
So far, I gotta say that Halo 2 is absolutely amazing. I have not played Halo 3/4/5 yet, so no clue about those yet!
But, what is your opinion?
Would also love to hear opinions about legendary difficulty!
I would probably consider Halo 3 as my favorite Halo Campaign due to a lot of variation and not too difficult on Legendary. This is a big contrast to Halo 2 which has some truly difficult sections on Legendary where the player either has no possibility to respond to the situation before encountering an instant death or that a section is just truly brutal (ex. Regret fight).
I would have to say that Halo 4 is my favourite campaign. It introduced us to some great new characters and it is quite emotional.
Halo 3 or Halo 4.

Halo 2 is great, but some of those missions just get to be a bit too long. I also don't love the cliffhanger it ends on.

Halo 3, although it has its plot gaps, was a little more tighter wound with a bigger sense of scale and wonderment. The biggest drawback to me for Halo 3 is just the "Cortana pause" moments. Really could have done without those, or just executed better.
I usually say Halo 3 because it introduced me to the series but I think it is ODST that takes the prize mostly for the atmosphere the music creates while walking the streets.
Halo 3: ODST, cuz it had smooooth jaaaazzzz...
I was a big fan of the Halo 2 just due to the fact you played as Arbiter and Master Chief plus great Campaign as well so happy it got remastered. 🙏😁
So many people are mentioning this "jazz" thing when it comes to ODST, I am so excited to hear it for myself when I play it!
Dank Y0UTH wrote:
I was a big fan of the Halo 2 just due to the fact you played as Arbiter and Master Chief plus great Campaign as well so happy it got remastered. 🙏😁
Halo 2 anniversary is seriously amazing, I love switching between the old style and new style on the go, so cool!
Halo 3 or Halo 4.

Halo 2 is great, but some of those missions just get to be a bit too long. I also don't love the cliffhanger it ends on.

Halo 3, although it has its plot gaps, was a little more tighter wound with a bigger sense of scale and wonderment. The biggest drawback to me for Halo 3 is just the "Cortana pause" moments. Really could have done without those, or just executed better.
I am beyond excited for Halo 3, as I have never played it at all. It never came out to PC so I never got the chance! Really excited
I would have to say that Halo 4 is my favourite campaign. It introduced us to some great new characters and it is quite emotional.
Halo 4 looks really good, I really like the art-style and visuals. And also the takedown animations look absolutely brutal!
Looking forward to trying it!
OP, for future ref - please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks :)
StickyBM wrote:
So many people are mentioning this "jazz" thing when it comes to ODST, I am so excited to hear it for myself when I play it!
You should be excited. It's mashing the two greatest things in the universe into one.
Halo 3 or Halo 3 ODST.
By then the vehicle and weapon sandbox has been expanded a bit and the campaign itself on legendary isn't too hard nor too easy.
I especially like the Banshee section in ODST where you combat a Scarab, it really feels designed around the vehicle rather than in CE where the Banshee is really mostly used briefly to move up and down between sections.
I really love the campaign levels from Halo Reach, Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary and Halo 2 Anniversary. Those are my favorite.
Diovangelo wrote:
Halo 3 or Halo 3 ODST.
By then the vehicle and weapon sandbox has been expanded a bit and the campaign itself on legendary isn't too hard nor too easy.
I especially like the Banshee section in ODST where you combat a Scarab, it really feels designed around the vehicle rather than in CE where the Banshee is really mostly used briefly to move up and down between sections.
In my opinion, the Halo 3 ODST levels fall short because environments are recycled to a much larger extent than preferred. This can be seen with nearly every mission that you run past a near identical room in another section of the mission but under some circumstances mirrored or rotated.
Mine will always be Combat Evolved, due to countless hours of playing through the campaign with my friends. Sometimes we'd mess around and do some crazy stuff with the physics. This was long before Xbox Live existed, for those that don't know. Xbox Live launched a year after the original Xbox did. Combat Evolved would not be Xbox Live compatible either. We had some work arounds for this, so we could play people somewhere else, it wasn't always great, but it worked.

I didn't like Halo 2 at first because of the cliff hanger ending, but playing it again, it has a really good story. I wouldn't consider it the perfect Halo due it being rushed and they had to cut most of the story. The game still succeeded and I loved it, for online play mostly. The story is there, but it could have been better.

We finished the fight in Halo 3, and this one is my 2nd favorite, next to CE. Campaign was amazing, and not as brutal as Halo 2. Loved the story, and this was by far the best Halo from Bungie.

Halo ODST was a nice subtle game, loved the story for it because it was different. We were and Orbital Drop Shock Trooper who lands in New Mombosa after Regret's ship jumped into slipspace causing massive destruction. Great side story to show what happened on Earth what we were off exploring a new Halo and stopping it from being activated.

Reach, out of all of these, it has the best and saddest story of all the Halos.

4 was a good attempt to follow up Reach and 343 Industries first game, and the story is good, and it gives you that emotional feel Reach did, it could have been better, but it was their first.

I only enjoyed 5's story because I knew all the lore behind the game, whereas other people probably did not. With that said, I believe it to have the worst story telling of ALL the Halos.

I have high hopes for Infinite, because its trailer made me feel that feeling I felt when I saw Halo 3's trailer. When the pilot wipes away the condensation on the windshield and you see Chief flowing in space and the piano chimes, right there, that moment, I felt it.
Mine will always be Combat Evolved, due to countless hours of playing through the campaign with my friends. Sometimes we'd mess around and do some crazy stuff with the physics. This was long before Xbox Live existed, for those that don't know. Xbox Live launched a year after the original Xbox did. Combat Evolved would not be Xbox Live compatible either. We had some work arounds for this, so we could play people somewhere else, it wasn't always great, but it worked.

I didn't like Halo 2 at first because of the cliff hanger ending, but playing it again, it has a really good story. I wouldn't consider it the perfect Halo due it being rushed and they had to cut most of the story. The game still succeeded and I loved it, for online play mostly. The story is there, but it could have been better.

We finished the fight in Halo 3, and this one is my 2nd favorite, next to CE. Campaign was amazing, and not as brutal as Halo 2. Loved the story, and this was by far the best Halo from Bungie.

Halo ODST was a nice subtle game, loved the story for it because it was different. We were and Orbital Drop Shock Trooper who lands in New Mombosa after Regret's ship jumped into slipspace causing massive destruction. Great side story to show what happened on Earth what we were off exploring a new Halo and stopping it from being activated.

Reach, out of all of these, it has the best and saddest story of all the Halos.

4 was a good attempt to follow up Reach and 343 Industries first game, and the story is good, and it gives you that emotional feel Reach did, it could have been better, but it was their first.

I only enjoyed 5's story because I knew all the lore behind the game, whereas other people probably did not. With that said, I believe it to have the worst story telling of ALL the Halos.

I have high hopes for Infinite, because its trailer made me feel that feeling I felt when I saw Halo 3's trailer. When the pilot wipes away the condensation on the windshield and you see Chief flowing in space and the piano chimes, right there, that moment, I felt it.
This was really well written, thank you so much for the read!
I like playing with Halo 3 more than any other Halo campaign because the weapons, vehicles, mechanics and NPCs are simple, varied and numerous.
Halo 3. A close 2nd is Halo Wars 1.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4