Forums / Community / General Discussion

Favorite Halo Music Director?

OP DuckierBoat3087

Who is your favorite Halo Music Director? We all know that the Halo soundtracks have always been amazing, and hell, I listen to the Halo 4 soundtrack all the time. My dream team for Halo Infinite music: Neil Davidge, Marty O'Donnell, and Salvatore.
O'Donnell. To me few, if any, game soundtracks compare to his from Bungie's saga. I've said this before but I'll say it again: Under Cover of Night is still a banger 18 years later; it has an air of mystery and a level of epicness that encapsulates CE, and it's not a rarity from O'Donnell.
O'Donnell. To me few, if any, game soundtracks compare to his from Bungie's saga. I've said this before but I'll say it again: Under Cover of Night is still a banger 18 years later; it has an air of mystery and a level of epicness that encapsulates CE, and it's not a rarity from O'Donnell.
Absolutely. Behold A Pale Horse is one of my favorite soundtracks in the Halo series. I was actually listening to it in my truck the other day and I still can't believe the kind of music Halo used during combat moments. It's so unique and different from many of the FPS games we know. My fiance, who isn't into Halo, remarked at how cool the music of Halo is.
I don't need to say my opinion its right here!! xD
Martin O'Donnell and Neil Davidge. I liked Halo 4 music because you could really feel the moment of sadness. After that Halo 5 music was pretty generic.
Martin O'Donnell and Neil Davidge. I liked Halo 4 music because you could really feel the moment of sadness. After that Halo 5 music was pretty generic.
I agree.

Unfortunately the only memorable Halo 5 song for me is The Breaking, which has the Halo theme written by Marty in it.
Yeah, but that doesn't really count does it?
Who is your favorite Halo Music Director? We all know that the Halo soundtracks have always been amazing, and hell, I listen to the Halo 4 soundtrack all the time. My dream team for Halo Infinite music: Neil Davidge, Marty O'Donnell, and Salvatore.
Marty o donnel, I even like his music in destiny.
Marty O'donnel for me as well. Mainly because his stuff stood out more then whoever did Halo's four and five.
Marty obviously, but I think Stephen Rippy did a pretty good job with Halo Wars. Most "Halo-esque" composer for a non-main game.
Sataro Tojima was pretty good.