Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Favorite Quote in Halo?

OP Monk V8R

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
My favorite quote by far is the classic "I need a weapon" by the one and only, Master Chief.
I don’t care if it’s gods own anti son of a -Yoink- machine or a giant hula hoop were not gonna let em have it. What we will let em have is a belly full of lead and a pool of their own blood to drown in. Am I right marines?
"Then it is an even fight. All Cruisers, fire at will! Burn their mongrel hides!" - Rtas 'Vadum.
There are too many to pick just one, but one of my favorites is when The Arbiter says "Tartarus, the prophets have betrayed us." The emotion in his voice is really intense, and the background music along with it. That is some great storytelling right there.
"Wake me...when you need me."
I need a weapon
"Dear Humanity, we regret being alien -Yoinks!-, we regret coming to Earth and we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew-up our raggedy--Yoink- fleet!"

This post has been hidden.

It's hard to choose just one!

"She said that to me once. About being a machine."

"Sir, finishing this fight."

"Lucky me."
Not sure why but I go with "Bam said the lady."
"When I joined the Corps, we didn't have any fancy-shmancy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock for the whole platoon - and we had to share the rock"
- Avery Johnson
"I knew we would be perfect together...and i was right."
kjbart wrote:
There are too many to pick just one, but one of my favorites is when The Arbiter says "Tartarus, the prophets have betrayed us." The emotion in his voice is really intense, and the background music along with it. That is some great storytelling right there.
I wouldn't have thought of this one, but you're so right. This line was so powerfully acted, you could hear the betrayal, the sadness, the realization that everything he thought he knew was a lie
My favorite would have to be "To give the Covenant back their bomb."
Her voice make it special and sweet.
BOWEN 021 wrote:
Her voice make it special and sweet.
Yeah, gets me every time!
Gosh there are so many good quotes. It's to hard to choose. Tanaka's speech was probably the best. JK. I gotta say some of the quotes in Halo 4 probably hit me the hardest. and halo 2 had the best most badass quotes. I really love Emile's death line "I'm ready, How bout you". Lastly, one line that hit hard was from Halo legends: prototype "I need you to be strong, strong enough to do what you've never done in your life, can be strong enough to allow yourself to be...can you just be human"
The Master Chief has gone Rampant
"Dear Humanity, we regret being alien -Yoinks!-, we regret coming to Earth and we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew-up our raggedy--Yoink- fleet!"
Oh yeah, best quote from the entire franchise, Sgt. Johnson is one heck of a super soldier!
“Were it so easy...”
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2