Forums / Community / General Discussion

First Halo Experience

OP RevanTSL

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
My first Halo experience was Halo Wars, when I bought it back in 2012 (Pre-Halo 4).
I don't remember my first experience because I was so young. I just remember playing halo 2 and 3 for countless hours with my older brothers having a blast.

my favorite would probably be reach because it was my first "new" halo because at that point we had 2 3 ODST and wars (sadly not CE) for as long as I could remember, so I was super exited for a new one.
I remember EXACTLY what my first Halo experience was. I remember I was in Gamestop circa very early 2000s (around 2002). My parents were buying me a PS2 and I was bored and noticed the Xbox demo station was free. So I walked up and noticed whoever was playing it last left off a little less than halfway through the Halo demo; yes, you all know it... The Silent Cartographer. I was in a warthog with two marines just driving around when I heard Cortana say that one memorable line "It looks like there is a path leading to the interior of the island." Being the inquisitive kid I was, I always enjoyed pushing the boundaries of what the game devs "intended" I play the game. So I spent the next 15 minutes ramming that warthog between the tree and cliff wall, trying to get the warthog through to that inner path. I wasn't able to succeed, and I really enjoyed the Playstation 2 for years but I always wondered if you could get the warthog through that gap.

Turns out you can, took me 20 minutes back in 2003 when the game released on the PC but now every time I play The Silent Cartographer on Halo: CE, I, without fail, will ALWAYS squeeze my warthog through and run over the hunters. For me there's no other way to play that mission.
my first halo experience was playing Halo CE at a neighbors house. He got the Xbox at launch. This prompted me to get it.
Favorite halo memory is meeting all my friends in Halo 2. That was in 2006 and we're still friends to this day.
my mom bought halo 3 for my dad and i ended up playing it forge was pretty mutch all i would do but i complieted the campaighn like 20 times
Halo CE on original Xbox. Halo 2 was the absolute best, and there will probably never be a better console fps. Halo 3 was okay, but it wasn't Halo 2. Reach was pretty good, but mostly because of how good Forge was. Halo Reach was the last Halo game in my mind.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2